Suddenly links don't work when I click on them

She's using Vista.
Vista?

Geez... we refused to make our software Vista compliant after about a 2 day 'test' of Vista in development. We just told clients 'don't go to Vista, wait until the next OS (Windows 7). You go to Vista, we refuse to support you'

I know, I've always put a lot of money into my home computers but this time I went with a bare bones desktop just to see how it goes. I only do this kind of stuff at home, play around on message boards, shop, email, etc.. I don't even have Office.

My work laptop has windows 7 but I refuse to bring it home anymore. I just keep peeking at emails and other work things. I don't want to do that anymore.

If it works for you, does what you want it to do then with the minimum amount of issues and makes you happy then stick with it. :dunno:

She's using Vista.
Vista?

Geez... we refused to make our software Vista compliant after about a 2 day 'test' of Vista in development. We just told clients 'don't go to Vista, wait until the next OS (Windows 7). You go to Vista, we refuse to support you'

I know, I've always put a lot of money into my home computers but this time I went with a bare bones desktop just to see how it goes. I only do this kind of stuff at home, play around on message boards, shop, email, etc.. I don't even have Office.

My work laptop has windows 7 but I refuse to bring it home anymore. I just keep peeking at emails and other work things. I don't want to do that anymore.

Have you considered setting up a bare bones user account on your work PC that does not have access to your work related emails and other stuff?

Vista?

Have you considered setting up a bare bones user account on your work PC that does not have access to your work related emails and other stuff?

a lot of employers frown on adding user accounts, even bare bones ones, that are not for work related purposes. My company is particularly anal about such things. They sweep all network connected PC's for 'unapproved' software, user accounts, etc. They recently disabled saving to a flash drive via USB, unless you have a business need for it and are granted an exception.

Forum List

Back