Suddenly links don't work when I click on them

Sarah G

When Nothing Goes Right, Go Left
Mar 4, 2009
NW Ohio
Not sure why it happened but when I click on certain links, nothing happens.

If I try to click on the link within a rep post, it doesn't work. If I try to click on a you tube video posted here, it says I have opted to turn embedded links off or something.

Help?

Hope so, I've been trying to figure it out for awhile now.

The embedding comment is because the YouTube video has turned of embedding, not you. I need more information on exactly what is happening to help with the rest.

Has your system had any automatic updates recently? Settings could have been changed.
Also what browser are you using? It could be an issue with your browser. If you're having issues with links then it's probably your browser, firewall or anti-virus settings that have changed and is blocking your ability to use the links. Not sure where to look to fix it, maybe someone with a little more experience in that area can help.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
Has your system had any automatic updates recently? Settings could have been changed.
Also what browser are you using? It could be an issue with your browser. If you're having issues with links then it's probably your browser, firewall or anti-virus settings that have changed and is blocking your ability to use the links. Not sure where to look to fix it, maybe someone with a little more experience in that area can help.

I have had automatic updates recently. Internet Explorer 9. I've been trying this morning but I can't make heads or tails of it. Also, in my start menu, I can't find where you have run, search, etc.. I never use it on this computer so I don't know if I ever had it.

I have had automatic updates recently. Internet Explorer 9. I've been trying this morning but I can't make heads or tails of it. Also, in my start menu, I can't find where you have run, search, etc.. I never use it on this computer so I don't know if I ever had it.

Which version of Windows are you using? Oh and since I now know it's explorer 9 I'm pretty sure that's your culprit.

Specifically it was the pop up blocker. I just turned it off. Was that the right thing to do?

Specifically it was the pop up blocker. I just turned it off. Was that the right thing to do?

I checked my IE9 and my pop up blocker is turned on (I always have it turned off because the possibility of infection) and I have no trouble with links. I do not normally use IE9 but Chrome instead.

I checked my IE9 and my pop up blocker is turned on (I always have it turned off because the possibility of infection) and I have no trouble with links. I do not normally use IE9 but Chrome instead.

It just started happening. Maybe something about the automatic updates?

IE 9 is buggy. We refused to roll it out to our clients at work until the 1st SP is put out.

What OS are you using? Windows 7?

IE 9 is buggy. We refused to roll it out to our clients at work until the 1st SP is put out.

She's using Vista.

Yeah, like others have stated IE9 is buggy as all hell. I know ya might not want to change but consider giving Firefox and/or Chrome a try. They beat IE hands down in every way.

She's using Vista.
Vista?

Geez... we refused to make our software Vista compliant after about a 2 day 'test' of Vista in development. We just told clients 'don't go to Vista, wait until the next OS (Windows 7). You go to Vista, we refuse to support you'

She's using Vista.
Vista?

Geez... we refused to make our software Vista compliant after about a 2 day 'test' of Vista in development. We just told clients 'don't go to Vista, wait until the next OS (Windows 7). You go to Vista, we refuse to support you'

Some people are still stuck with it and some actually like it. :dunno:
I don't care what OS people want to use as long as it's not on any of my computers. :cool:

She's using Vista.
Vista?

I know, I've always put a lot of money into my home computers but this time I went with a bare bones desktop just to see how it goes. I only do this kind of stuff at home, play around on message boards, shop, email, etc.. I don't even have Office.

My work laptop has windows 7 but I refuse to bring it home anymore. I just keep peeking at emails and other work things. I don't want to do that anymore.

Forum List

Back