Suddenly dissent is no longer *patriotic*. Funny how things change...

When the left is not in power, dissent is patriotic.

At the top, it's a different story:

"The left is trying to shut down the opposition. When they were out of power, dissent was patriotic. Now that they are in power, they want to use both the state and intimidation in the public square to shut down opposing views. It goes beyond boycotts to financially intimidate those who disagree with them. Now, the left is showing up at the private homes of American citizens they disagree with to intimidate them, threaten them, harass them, and make them pay for daring to have a different view."

The Left No Longer Finds Dissent Patriotic | RedState

Your link is biased and not even worth reading.

It's an opinion piece, you retard.

"The left is trying to shut down the opposition. When they were out of power, dissent was patriotic. Now that they are in power, they want to use both the state and intimidation in the public square to shut down opposing views. It goes beyond boycotts to financially intimidate those who disagree with them. Now, the left is showing up at the private homes of American citizens they disagree with to intimidate them, threaten them, harass them, and make them pay for daring to have a different view."

It is biased, but it expresses a point of view and articulates it fairly well and therefore it is worth reading.
Fundamentally, I believe that dominant opinion always tries to silence dissent. it's a natural thing, not a right-wing or left-wing phenomenon.

Is it possible to disagree without throwing about insults?

The left has a problem with the First Amendment (and the Bill of Rights) in general.

Oh, so you approve of criminal behavior in the name of *dissent*.

Exactly what crimes do you consider ok, if you agree with the criminals committing them?

Vandalism? Assault? Theft? Burglary? Arson?

Nonviolent resistance to abuse of power is an ethical answer. Martin Luther King and Gandhi proved that principle. There is a point where using nonviolent means, even if it's against the law is justified.

Two remarks:

1) I can understand that people are sometimes led to breaking the law because of ethical principles. But they must accept the consequences and accept that breaking the law means paying the penalty for that.

2) Don't overdo the ethical bit. Ghandi's "non-violent" campaigns resulted in the deaths of lots of people.

There's no disagreement. Of course it's biased, it's an OPINION PIECE. It wasn't presented as evidence of anything, it presents it's own evidence within the piece.

I come to the table expecting a certain level of understanding of discussion. I don't have any patience for those who have none, and yet who think they are qualified to opine.

There's no disagreement. Of course it's biased, it's an OPINION PIECE. It wasn't presented as evidence of anything, it presents it's own evidence within the piece.

I come to the table expecting a certain level of understanding of discussion. I don't have any patience for those who have none, and yet who think they are qualified to opine.

Lack of patience with people who are uninformed or don't know how to argue in a coherent matter is one of my many weaknesses and I am pretty uninhibited about making clear what I think about somebody's arguments. Adding personal insults is something that I find a sign of weakness however. But to each their own.

You idiot the Obnoxious Whining Sheep didn't irritate the powers that be.

They irritated the business owners whose business and property they ruined.

Private property is off limits and your right to be a dick ends when it affects my business and my ability to provide for my family.

Or when you sit your smelly unwashed ass on my property, or inside my property, and refuse to leave.

My property, I will shoot your stupid ass. Don't protest and expect me to foot the bill.

I bet you send your banker a gift at Christmas.

My bank sends me a Christmas gift every year.

Holy shit.

There is loyal dissent. There is disloyal dissent. The brand of dissent being championed by you nutters and your masters is the latter. That is the fucking problem that the left has with your approach.

Holy shit.

There is loyal dissent. There is disloyal dissent. The brand of dissent being championed by you nutters and your masters is the latter. That is the fucking problem that the left has with your approach.

Communism is treason... It's pretty much stealing.

Not to mention the whole liberty thing...

I think dissent of redistribution of wealth is highly admirable...

Last edited:
Oh, so you approve of criminal behavior in the name of *dissent*.

Exactly what crimes do you consider ok, if you agree with the criminals committing them?

Vandalism? Assault? Theft? Burglary? Arson?

Nonviolent resistance to abuse of power is an ethical answer. Martin Luther King and Gandhi proved that principle. There is a point where using nonviolent means, even if it's against the law is justified.

The only problem is you lefties don't know how to be nonviolent...

Forum List

Back