Sucking All Of The Joy Out Of Life

boedicca

Uppity Water Nymph from the Land of Funk
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 12, 2007
This little incident is an excellent representation of what is wrong with our government today (at all levels) - and why people are sick of it.

The bloody killjoys are on a crusade to suck the least bit of joy out of living one's life.

It's hardly unusual to hear small-business owners gripe about licensing requirements or complain that heavy-handed regulations are driving them into the red.

So when Multnomah County shut down an enterprise last week for operating without a license, you might just sigh and say, there they go again.

Except this entrepreneur was a 7-year-old named Julie Murphy. Her business was a lemonade stand at the Last Thursday monthly art fair in Northeast Portland. The government regulation she violated? Failing to get a $120 temporary restaurant license. ...

Portland lemonade stand runs into health inspectors, needs $120 license to operate | OregonLive.com

Yup. And there will be hell to pay here about that. Really stupid action.

Not quite as stupid as letting the oversight people get so corrupt that no rules were enforced and 11 men died, and the Gulf end up polluted with millions of gallon of oil. President Obama should have came down on these people early on. He did the right thing in firing his appointee for failure to start the cleansing process immediatly. The people at BP and the people at the MMS that let BP get away with the safety violations should all be facing negligent homicide charges.

This little incident is an excellent representation of what is wrong with our government today (at all levels) - and why people are sick of it.

The bloody killjoys are on a crusade to suck the least bit of joy out of living one's life.

It's hardly unusual to hear small-business owners gripe about licensing requirements or complain that heavy-handed regulations are driving them into the red.

So when Multnomah County shut down an enterprise last week for operating without a license, you might just sigh and say, there they go again.

Except this entrepreneur was a 7-year-old named Julie Murphy. Her business was a lemonade stand at the Last Thursday monthly art fair in Northeast Portland. The government regulation she violated? Failing to get a $120 temporary restaurant license. ...

Portland lemonade stand runs into health inspectors, needs $120 license to operate | OregonLive.com

It's Looney Liberal Land...

To be expected...

Often times I like libtards. Seriously, this one needs to be shot. Or beaten and fired. Pay the kid 1,000 fine payable out of the retards retirement account. Can we have officials who can use their brains.

Yup. And there will be hell to pay here about that. Really stupid action.

Not quite as stupid as letting the oversight people get so corrupt that no rules were enforced and 11 men died, and the Gulf end up polluted with millions of gallon of oil. President Obama should have came down on these people early on. He did the right thing in firing his appointee for failure to start the cleansing process immediatly. The people at BP and the people at the MMS that let BP get away with the safety violations should all be facing negligent homicide charges.

Apples Oranges. Your inability to see the difference between a lemonade stand and an oil well explains a lot.

These illegals need to get the hell out of here if they don't like our nation of laws. Follow the laws or leave...

You're right. That really does suck. Guess I'll scrap my plans to sell "Count Dracula's Bloody Lemonade" franchises to kids nationwide. Seriously, though. WTF is this country coming to?

Don't be pimping USC's joke, he stuck out 100 times trying for that homer. Dracula wiffs

o good gosh....you see a kid with a stand....you stop the car...yell for the kid to run you over a cup...you pay the buck or two...hope the stuff doesnt have dirt in it...(its a kid's lemonade stand a little dirt will be expected)....you drink the stuff..hoping its okay....and go on...

them are the rules of kids and lemonade stands.....i mean the ice is kept in the cooler and scooped out with a cup....the same cup all day...

And the lemons are squeezed with the same fingers they picked their noses and scratched their butts with.

Kinda like migrant workers picking your lettuce.

The government regulation she violated? Failing to get a $120 temporary restaurant license. ...[/i]

To be expected...

Often times I like libtards. Seriously, this one needs to be shot. Or beaten and fired. Pay the kid 1,000 fine payable out of the retards retirement account. Can we have officials who can use their brains.

Where in the OP, or in the article, does it say, "Liberals" or "Liberal Policy" was the cause of Bureaucrats shaking down a 7 yr old for a license for a limonade stand?

Hell, I say; GET USED TO IT LITTLE GIRL!!! You're gonna be shaken down for a LOT more!!

The government regulation she violated? Failing to get a $120 temporary restaurant license. ...[/i]

To be expected...

Where in the OP, or in the article, does it say, "Liberals" or "Liberal Policy" was the cause of Bureaucrats shaking down a 7 yr old for a license for a limonade stand?

Hell, I say; GET USED TO IT LITTLE GIRL!!! You're gonna be shaken down for a LOT more!!

it doesn't...

but the loony is strong on this thread.

o good gosh....you see a kid with a stand....you stop the car...yell for the kid to run you over a cup...you pay the buck or two...hope the stuff doesnt have dirt in it...(its a kid's lemonade stand a little dirt will be expected)....you drink the stuff..hoping its okay....and go on...

them are the rules of kids and lemonade stands.....i mean the ice is kept in the cooler and scooped out with a cup....the same cup all day...

I'm with you.
You buy the stuff, act like you're drinking it and then toss it behind a bush. More please!

They wouldn't let them give the stuff away, either.

Someone needs to start a fund to pay this little girl more than she would have made. Shit I can't smoke dope, so I can't blame lazy

Forum List

Back