Success!

syrenn

Rookie
May 10, 2010
Some of you may not know....but i foster kittens.

This group was heartbreaking and so sad. We rescued momma from a shelter that had put her and her litter on the list to be euthanized that day. Momma is only a kitten herself, 9 months. Someone stuffed her pregnant into the night drop box. :eek: They let her have her litter and gave her all of her shots, chipped her..... and 2 days... and then she and her kittens were to be put down. The kittens were 3 days old.

Momma was not doing well, she was not taking care of her kittens at all..so we took her to the ER. They told us that she had cancer or FIP and that she should be put down :eek: That answer was not good enough for us...so took her elsewhere to be worked over by the best of the best ER vets in the city.... turns out that momma was suffering from dehydration, exhaustion, depletion and having an adverse reaction to the shots.

So everyone was instantly a bottle feeder...including momma. I only lost one kitten :(

But... look at them now! ...WOOHOO a total success.... almost ready to be adopted out. I am happy!

:)

kittenline.jpg

growlercrop.jpg

Looks like they have some siamese in there.

Do they sound like that?

The second from the right, he is like so joe cool

• Banned
Looks like they have some siamese in there.

Do they sound like that?

The second from the right, he is like so joe cool

They appears to be some seal point and ragdoll in momma, we named her Growler.... two of the kittens look very seal point... several have her blue eyes too.

I hope you aren't still bottle feeding them...if you are, you're a SUCKA!

I've raised quite a few babies by hand, well done!

THANK YOU for saving mama and her babies! The 4th from the left looks like the one we rescued 2 months ago, he's a spoiled rotten kitty and happy as hell!

You did good work my friend, keep on helping out little friends who can't help themselves!

BRAVO! :clap2:

• Banned
I hope you aren't still bottle feeding them...if you are, you're a SUCKA!

I've raised quite a few babies by hand, well done!

Not that they still did not eeeppp for the bottle...little devils! Tough loving and force feeding solid food... :eusa_whistle:

not that i did not want to keep bottle feeding.......:eusa_shhh:

EXCELLENT job, syrenn! What is wrong with people who dump their pets like that? :eek:
Those kitties are too, too adorable and the mom cat looks terrific. Good luck with finding homes for them!

We had two cats when I was a kid, a brother and sister named Barney and Jenny. Barney was black and white; Jenny was white and black. We were watching the mom cat for our neighbors and she would have had the kittens under my bed (how cool for a 10 year old, huh?) but the neighbors came home and an hour later the kittens were born. She had three but one died and they gave us the other two (they were going to take them to the spca). We watched them again when the kittens were still little but starting to wean off of the mom. We used to mix up baby cereal and feed them some on our fingers and guide them to the bowl. After they got the hang of that we introduced real cat food. I always liked when they climbed in the cereal bowl while eating and got covered. lol

This group was heartbreaking and so sad. We rescued momma from a shelter that had put her and her litter on the list to be euthanized that day. Momma is only a kitten herself, 9 months. Someone stuffed her pregnant into the night drop box. :eek: They let her have her litter and gave her all of her shots, chipped her..... and 2 days... and then she and her kittens were to be put down. The kittens were 3 days old.

Momma was not doing well, she was not taking care of her kittens at all..so we took her to the ER. They told us that she had cancer or FIP and that she should be put down :eek: That answer was not good enough for us...so took her elsewhere to be worked over by the best of the best ER vets in the city.... turns out that momma was suffering from dehydration, exhaustion, depletion and having an adverse reaction to the shots.

So everyone was instantly a bottle feeder...including momma. I only lost one kitten :(

But... look at them now! ...WOOHOO a total success.... almost ready to be adopted out. I am happy!

kittenline.jpg

growlercrop.jpg

Koooool

I want one.

Thank you so much for saving them. I just adore cats and kittens. We have had multiple cats in our home for over 20 years. The house would be so empty without them!

We can thank foster moms like you and wonderful rescue volunteers for the three beloved cats who now own us: A gorgeous cream/red flame-point with massive blue eyes, a high-strung grey/black/tan tabby snoop who inspects every item in the house on a daily basis, and the goofiest, klutziest, stubbornest, most adorable torti in the world, the only cat I've ever seen with a turned-up skijump nose!

Because of folks like you, syrenn, these precious cats will be pampered for the rest of their lives. Well, for the rest of our lives, anyway! :lmao:

kittenline.jpg

growlercrop.jpg

OMGosh sweetheart!!!! You are the "Cat's Meow!" They are so adorable and YOU and yours, are feline heroes, in my mind. Many people here probably don't know that you do this for abandoned and dying kittens and their momma's, on a year round basis. I am so *f* PROUD of you. Love, love, love and more love. I thank you for making your life count in so many ways that you do....XOXO :clap2: My sweet little savior, syrenn. You have endeared yourself to me in so many ways. XOXOXO. PPl like you, deserve posts like this. It is a gold medal. :)

kittenline.jpg

growlercrop.jpg

That's great syrenn! The bottom kitty looks like our old cat that passed away last year. He was 22. A good long life!

You'll have to get yourself a trash dumpster so they will have someplace to play!

They have my guest room....now the nursery.

You should get a dumpster. Cats love a dumpster just like ducks love a pond... Just kidding... As far as cats go, that's a fine looking herd you got there. Good for you.

BBD! Get your terms right man! I wouldn't call a pack of dogs a herd! For shame, they are a PRIDE of cats!

Do you have any idea how old they are now? They're very leggie. I'm thinking 9-10 weeks?
Maybe? and how the hell did you get them still long enough to take the picture? Nice camera you have there, Is it HD?

Blues

Last edited:

Forum List

Back