Success with stem cells

Still not a successful treatment derived from embryonic/fetal stem cells.

Research and clinical trials take time...

clinical trials testing the safety of cells derived from hESCS have only recently been approved by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA)

August 24, 2010

In the last days of July, the Food and Drug Administration gave the green light to a clinical trial that has been nearly a decade in the making. The federal agency approved a test of some of the first fruits of human-embryonic-stem-cell research, in a new therapy that could help patients recover from spinal-cord injury.

The trial will be the first to use embryonic stem cells in human beings. The plan was developed by the Geron Corporation, a drug company, which financed the development of the cells in a lab at the University of California at Irvine.

Such partnerships took on even more importance this week, after a federal judge temporarily stopped the National Institutes of Health from financing embryonic-stem-cell research because it is tied to the destruction of embryos. The decision sent shock waves through the scientific community. It also makes arrangements like the one between Hans S. Keirstead, the researcher at Irvine, and Geron an attractive alternative to relying on federal money.

Stem-Cell Research Backed by a Company Advances to First Human Therapy Test - Research - The Chronicle of Higher Education

Clinical trials are not successful treatments, they are, well, clinical trials.
I asked for proof of successful treatment and you want to give clinical trials as your proof of of success?
Are you serious?

clinical trials testing the safety of cells derived from hESCS have only recently been approved by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA)

August 24, 2010

In the last days of July, the Food and Drug Administration gave the green light to a clinical trial that has been nearly a decade in the making. The federal agency approved a test of some of the first fruits of human-embryonic-stem-cell research, in a new therapy that could help patients recover from spinal-cord injury.

The trial will be the first to use embryonic stem cells in human beings. The plan was developed by the Geron Corporation, a drug company, which financed the development of the cells in a lab at the University of California at Irvine.

Such partnerships took on even more importance this week, after a federal judge temporarily stopped the National Institutes of Health from financing embryonic-stem-cell research because it is tied to the destruction of embryos. The decision sent shock waves through the scientific community. It also makes arrangements like the one between Hans S. Keirstead, the researcher at Irvine, and Geron an attractive alternative to relying on federal money.

Stem-Cell Research Backed by a Company Advances to First Human Therapy Test - Research - The Chronicle of Higher Education

I asked for proof of successful treatment and you want to give clinical trials as your proof of of success?
Are you serious?

:lol: Where have I said I want to give clinical trials as PROOF of anything. Only an idiot who doesn't COMPREHEND what's been posted would think THAT!

August 24, 2010

Are you serious?

The question remains WHY would a person who KNOWS (assuming you're not an idiot) there currently exists NO SUCH PROOF, why would you pretend that there MIGHT be proof...? AS IF anyone not currently posting PROOF here makes YOU some kind of WINNER...? :cuckoo: Sad that you don't understand SCIENCE and clinical trials.

The question remains WHY would a person who KNOWS (assuming you're not an idiot) there currently exists NO SUCH PROOF, why would you pretend that there MIGHT be proof...? AS IF anyone not currently posting PROOF here makes YOU some kind of WINNER...? :cuckoo: Sad that you don't understand SCIENCE and clinical trials.
See above post.

:lol: Where have I said I want to give clinical trials as PROOF of anything. Only an idiot who doesn't COMPREHEND what's been posted would think THAT!

What did I ask in the OP?

And yet you want to implicate lack of comprehension on my part?
Seriously?

So you really EXPECTED there to BE proof and also CLAIM to comprehend the issue...?

That's FUNNY! :lmao:

Seriously?

So you really EXPECTED there to BE proof and also CLAIM to comprehend the issue...?

Oddly enough, I can provide proof of success with adult stem cells.
Why do you find it funny for me to ask for proof of other medical treatments?

Valerie, you seem to be arguing just for the sake of arguing, not because you have facts that you want to disseminate.

Seriously?

Valerie, you seem to be arguing just for the sake of arguing, not because you have facts that you want to disseminate.

I am posting info in order to disseminate the facts and you are the one attempting to argue the inarguable... :lol:

I have been against embryonic stem cell research from the very beginning. It is too expensive with way too little results. In fact, to date, NO results.

The entire use of embryonic stem cell research is to support abortion and legitimize it. Logically and realistically embryonic stem cells have no other use.

Seriously?

Although the use of adult stem cells has had the most success. There has been signficant gains using umbilical stem cells too. Only embryonic stem cell research has come up empty.

I have been against embryonic stem cell research from the very beginning. It is too expensive with way too little results. In fact, to date, NO results.

The entire use of embryonic stem cell research is to support abortion and legitimize it. Logically and realistically embryonic stem cells have no other use.

The clinical trials have only just begun... And NO the entire use is not to legitimize abortion! :doubt:

August 24, 2010

The trial will be the first to use embryonic stem cells in human beings.

I am posting info in order to disseminate the facts and you are the one attempting to argue the inarguable... :lol:
The question was asking for proof of successful cures as a result of embryonic/fetal stem cells.
So far, you haven't provided that information or proof.
Try harder.

MM I notice your post just disappeared but no it was not a straw man...

The question was asking for proof of successful cures as a result of embryonic/fetal stem cells.
Try harder.

So you just wanted to post to yourself then...Pardon me for interrupting. :lol:

I__M_A_GOOFY_GOOBER_by_Red_Flare.jpg
MM

Try harder.

So you just wanted to post to yourself then...Pardon me for interrupting. :lol:

I__M_A_GOOFY_GOOBER_by_Red_Flare.jpg
MM

I was looking for, and asking for successful cures involving embryonic/fetal stem cells.
You could not provide such, so you attempted to divert.
You also attempted to belittle me in previous posts (insinuated that I was an idiot).
Now this, a cartoon insult.

Seriously, Valerie, address the subject of OP instead of attacking me for posting it if you want to discuss it.

Last edited:

While I do agree with you that embryonic stem cell research is wrong, I have to ask how anyone could determine if it could lead to potentially life saving breakthroughs if it were forbidden?

I mention this because of your statement--"It is too expensive with way too little results. In fact, to date, NO results." If these stem cells could be harvested without the destruction of the human life that produced them, then I would think the research should go on.

Unfortunately, my understanding is that to date, harvesting embryonic stem cells spells the destruction of life.

Immie

Did you bother to read your own frigging article, you silly bitch, or did you just grab on to the fraudulent headline and run with it? From your article:

The teenager's therapy began Feb. 17 with a four-day regimen of a drug that stimulated the production of stem cells in his blood. On Feb. 21, doctors harvested Bonnville's stem cells. Using a heart catheter, they transplanted the stem cells into the artery that supplies blood to the front of the heart.

They used HIS OWN STEM CELLS. And since the guy in question was a teenager, I'm going to guess he wasn't an embryo, ergo they would not have been embryonic stem cells.

Sit down and have a nice cup of shut the hell up until you can say something intelligent.

:lol: Oh aren't you sweet... I won't be shutting up any time soon you crazy beeyatch.

Okay. Feel free to proudly display yourself as proof that the entire women's rights movement was a misguided waste of time. No skin off my nose if you like looking like an ignorant twat in public.

Meanwhile, is there any possibility you could start reading your own frigging links, or is that part of your all-important right to make a fool of yourself? Notice that I don't expect you to spend any time actually answering the points I made about your link, rather than brilliantly and incisively focusing on "You're mean!" like the whining, vaporish pre-Suffrage throwback you so clearly are. Just indicating that you can actually read would be nice.

The doctors did offer an alternative: Bonnville could become the first human to receive experimental stem-cell therapy to revive his damaged heart tissue. They went ahead with the procedure, the results of which could turn the stem-cell debate on its head.

Doctors at William Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak, Michigan, used a procedure that, if successful, could eliminate some of the controversy surrounding the medical use of embryonic stem cells, as well as the practice of therapeutic cloning.

"We're very excited because we think that there's already been substantial recovery of cardiac function," said William O'Neill, Beaumont's chief of cardiology, regarding Bonnville's progress.

The teenager's therapy began Feb. 17 with a four-day regimen of a drug that stimulated the production of stem cells in his blood. On Feb. 21, doctors harvested Bonnville's stem cells. Using a heart catheter, they transplanted the stem cells into the artery that supplies blood to the front of the heart.

He was discharged about a week later and is now recuperating at home. His doctors say they have never seen a recovery like his.

Stem Cells Heal a Broken Heart

And yet another article that pretends that adult stem cells and embryonic stem cells are the same.
I'm still waiting for the proof that embryonic stem cells can actually cure anything. We already know that adult stem cells can and do.
Articles like the above just muddy the waters and folk like Valerie fall for it.

That's because folks like Valerie think having a vagina and being "warm and caring" obviates the need for literacy or linear thought. An embarassment to everyone on the planet with ovaries AND a brain.

Oka Adult or embryonic isn't the issue, a stem cell is still a stem cell, the difference is the quantity they can gain. Making stem cells from adults is very costly and extremely difficult, but a fetus has a lot that are already grown.

I do not believe that is true.

The only restrictions on the use of stem cell treatment has been on US federally funded research on new lines of stem cells. No one else in the world is so limmited and yet all themajor breakthroughs have been with adult stem cells, not embryonic stem cells. There is a reason for that.

Embryonic stem cells differentiate almost randomly and there are cases of them being used in an organ with the result that the embryonic stem cells grew into almost randomly different things, from teeth to hair to skin. Adult stem cells are multipotent, not pluripotent, and will adapt to the organ tissue that they are planted in and naturally do what the cells in that organ need it to do somehow.

Honestly, if they already died why waste their non-lives and just toss them in the garbage when you can at least make it mean something? Even pro-lifers should be for this since it give some meaning to the wasted life.

There is no such thing as innocent life that is wasted life. That is the root disagreement here that will never be overcome.

Human life is not just a blob of cells.

Last edited:
There have been numerous medical success's using adult stem cells for treatment.
Can anybody provide a link to show successful medical treatments that used embryonic or fetal stem cells?
I'm starting to think science should focus on what works.

Yeah, look up China stem cell, something like that. They have used a lot of embryonic stem cells to treat things successfully.

New Topics

Forum List

Back