SUCCESS in Iraq--US troops to pull back--Iraqi's in charge!

oreo

Gold Member
Sep 15, 2008
rocky mountains
At the end of another perfectly pronounced speech given by Barack Obama today he "quietly" & "meekly" mentioned that all U.S. troops have been ordered to move out of the provinces & towns in Iraq to the outskirts. Iraqi's had a parade today--in celebration that Iraqi troops will be in full charge of the country--& will only call in U.S. troops if & when they need help.

Of course, you probably remember it was Barack Obama that was adamantely opposed to the surge & campaigned on the failure of the surge as recently as one year ago--in his cut & run strategy & promises of immediate withdrawel of 1-1/2 years ago.:cuckoo:

Barack Obama wanted all U.S. troops out by March 2008--Harry Reid--just 27 months ago--is on video stating that the war in Iraq was lost. ALL OF THEM WERE WRONG--The ONLY one that was right was President George W. Bush--who went against popular public opinion & all of them to"get it right." All of them--including Nancy Pelosi, John Murtha, John Kerry, Al Gore, Barack Obama, & Joe Biden, need to give President G.W. Bush a sincere apology.

Now it appears that Obama is going to send Biden to Iraq for reconciliation between the 3 groups--Sunni's--Shiete's--& Kurds. Of course, you probably remember that it was Biden that wanted to divide the country into 3 sections. With Biden's open mouth--insert foot--wouldn't it be kind of dangerous to send Biden to Iraq in the first place?

Your opinions?

ARTICLE:
President Obama is giving Vice President Biden a larger portfolio to handle, asking him to oversee reconciliation inside Iraq, but Biden will not be a mediator between factions.

"I think he will be involved in working with Shia, Sunni and Kurd to achieve political reconciliation. I would hesitate to use the term 'mediator.' "Gibbs said. "I think, given his knowledge of the region, the number of times he's been there, he's perfectly suited for this type of role."

Biden was the chair of the Senate Foreign Relations committee before being chosen by Obama to be his running mate. While in the Senate, Biden authored a paper advocating a three-way split of Iraq in order to advance reconciliation in the country. While Gibbs said Biden's extensive knowledge of Iraq makes him a perfect choice for the position, he said the idea of partition is no longer a live debate within the administration, noting it's completely gone from the language within the White House.

http://whitehouse.blogs.foxnews.com...-not-mediate-in-iraq-but-he-will-have-a-role/

Last edited:
And the Obama media networks is crapping their pants--they do not know how to handle this news--he.he.he.--so they'll try & put a bad spin on it---because the very last thing they will EVER do is give President G.W. Bush credit for being stong enough to go against popular public opinion & the left in this country--who stood strong & insisted on the surge--& stuck with it.

Last edited:
And the Obama media networks is crapping their pants--they do not know how to handle this news--he.he.he.--so they'll try & put a bad spin on it---because the very last thing they will EVER do is give President G.W. Bush credit for being stong enough to go against popular public opinion & the left in this country--who stood strong & insisted on the surge--& stuck with it.
Bush was against the surge at first
he had to be convinced to do it by the joint chiefs and several GOP Senators

Bush was against the surge at first
he had to be convinced to do it by the joint chiefs and several GOP Senators

Indeed... And the need FOR the surge was a direct result of the PC minded 'kinder/gentler' war... wherein GW sought to appease the ideological left IN THE FIRST PLACE, which provided that US operations in Iraq would go on the defensive; stand down from taking and holding ground and instead, take ground and readily depart, so as to prevent US Troops from being seen as "OCCUPIERS"... returning to theoir cloistered bases; leaving that ground; those villages and towns to be readily taken BACK by the would-be "INSURGENTS"...

Had GW simply ignored the left, stood on the sound principle on which he entered the war; fought the war to WIN it and maintained the occupation of that ground which was secured; there would have been no 'insurgency' to put down...

Yet ANOTHER example of leftist policy having FAILED and principled policy having replaced it and SUCCEEDED...

Now of course the BOY King comes to take the credit for that which he oppossed at EVERY POINT.

It's just a lie... that's all... just another deception by the feminzied left and their principle-less ideology.

Good, can we leave now?

Hell yes...

I say we withdraw US troops from ALL engagements until we can re-establish American control of the US Government.

Having US troops in the field under leftist government control only gets US troops killed, while we appease our enemy and no good has ever come from that.

While the long term implications of the Iraq War may actually prove to be of benefit, the overall cost was too much. Hopefully the lesson learned will be that we cannot afford financially to police every last region of this planet.

While the long term implications of the Iraq War may actually prove to be of benefit, the overall cost was too much. Hopefully the lesson learned will be that we cannot afford financially to police every last region of this planet.

THe price for freedom is never too high.

The price for failure to keep it is always too high

We WON in Vietnam, but the peaceniks and the press that made the whole thing so un palatable and the spineless liberals refused to live up to our promise to the South Vietnamese to provide backup if the North again tried invading after THE NORTH SIGNED THE TREATY to end hostilites, but because our gutless spineless liberals and media refused to support the South when the North tested us after we had defeated them, THEN< and ONLY THEN, did the cost of Vietnam become too high.

Misconceptions about Vietnam "war" and its vets are staggering and still perpetuated by the liberal left media.

If one actually cared to take the time to find out the FACTS

THe price for freedom is never too high.

The price for failure to keep it is always too high

We WON in Vietnam, but the peaceniks and the press that made the whole thing so un palatable and the spineless liberals refused to live up to our promise to the South Vietnamese to provide backup if the North again tried invading after THE NORTH SIGNED THE TREATY to end hostilites, but because our gutless spineless liberals and media refused to support the South when the North tested us after we had defeated them, THEN< and ONLY THEN, did the cost of Vietnam become too high.

Misconceptions about Vietnam "war" and its vets are staggering and still perpetuated by the liberal left media.

If one actually cared to take the time to find out the FACTS about Vietnam and the soldiers who so bravely served there, you would find out virtually everything anyone thinks about it is wrong.

Lets start with the ratio of volunteers to draftees in Vietnam was higher than WW II. Yet anyone you would meet on the street would never guess or know that, and everyone thinks virtually everyone who served in vietnam was drafted.

Where are all the liberals now who were screaming it was an unwinnable war???

You mean Obama finally won that war?

Great! Let's bring our troops home.
ROFLMAO
come on man
that war was won years ago
and dont think that just becausae you win you all come home
we are still in germany and that war was won over 70 years ago

Looks like the guy who opposed and criticized President Bush and ran on ending the war is sending them to Afghanastan instead of bringing em home, yea, I know, my son is up for deployment, and Afg is the first on the list.

I guess when Pres BUSH said, "stay the course" he meant it, did it, and won the war, yet all those who ridiculed him, where the hell are they all now?? I could at least respect someone who would admit they were wrong, but they all ran like rats ,,,I find them disgusting and dispicable, and my son agrees. I find many people in other countries, particularly the Philippines cuz Ive spent so much time there, and Japan, China, Taiwan and S Korea, more American than liberals born here.

America is not a race, culture or place, it is an ideal, an ideal that freedom is everlasting in the eternal desire of all living men and that enough will always have enough courage to be willing to die for it, so no matter how hard liberals try to take it away, it will always remain in the spirit of what the original Americans all came here for, opportunity and freedom from oppresive governments.

By the way, Im much more fearful of the IRS than the local cop, and the govt has much more control over me by taking my money via taxation than by listening in to my phone calls to my wife about what she is going to be wearing tonight when I get home.

Don't even get me going on the fucking IRS. I've earned below or at the fucking poverty level, as a single mother, all my fucking life, and those bastards are still fucking with my tax returns.

Apparently, they think that someone who makes under 30 thou as a working mom is hiding BIG MONEY from them.

Still waiting for my tax return, the fuckers.

You may be joking, but I doubt it. You have posted this bullshit in other threads. Claiming that the left forced Bush to do everything that eventually won the war. And then claiming because NOW is when they are being pulled out somehow Obama created the situation in Iraq for that to happen.

Simply a lie.

Don't even get me going on the fucking IRS. I've earned below or at the fucking poverty level, as a single mother, all my fucking life, and those bastards are still fucking with my tax returns.

Apparently, they think that someone who makes under 30 thou as a working mom is hiding BIG MONEY from them.

Still waiting for my tax return, the fuckers.

That's obscene, Allie.

Truly an example of why people have come to thoroughly hate their government.

Had a friend who worked for the IRS. A former teacher who went deaf and changed careers.

Anyway he was one of the team which took down Leona Helmsley and he loved his job.

Then he was put into a situation where he was expected to extort money from CAB DRIVERS. In other words he was expected to demand taxes on some formula for how much tip money they got based on the reported fares.

He was so disgusted that the IRS was shaking down working people (understand those guys couldn't prove they DIDN"T get the amount of tips, so they were leved taxes based on this formula) that he quit working for the IRS.

Incidently, this IRS tax assult on the working people who get tips was started under the REAGAN regime, FYI.

NOt that the Dems might not have done it, simply that it was concieved of and begun under Reagan.

Last edited:

You may be joking, but I doubt it. You have posted this bullshit in other threads. Claiming that the left forced Bush to do everything that eventually won the war. And then claiming because NOW is when they are being pulled out somehow Obama created the situation in Iraq for that to happen.

Simply a lie.

Yawn

Simply a lie.
It was only sarcasm sarge

I can't stand the left

and the right has been basically gutted

Forum List

Back