Subway Shows Anti-American Adds in Germany

I too sent to local talk radio, WLS 890. Don Wade & Roma!

Poor Morgan Spurlock. They held a gun to his head and forced him to behave like an idiot. Bastards!

I'd send that e-mail to Subway, too, but I don't eat their garbage anyway. No matter what you order, what you wind up with is a lettuce, olive, and pepper sandwich. No wonder that dude lost a lot of weight. He's lucky he didn't die of malnutrition.

Still, I'm glad you posted the story. How trying and embarrasing it must be for the likes of Michael Moore, Matalie Mains, and now, Subway, to have to own up to their American-ness in front of those cool Euros. I think that Americans ought to do the decent thing, and stop humiliating these poor folks with our stupid bumpkin money. Or is that censorship?

musicman said:
Poor Morgan Spurlock. They held a gun to his head and forced him to behave like an idiot. Bastards!

I'd send that e-mail to Subway, too, but I don't eat their garbage anyway. No matter what you order, what you wind up with is a lettuce, olive, and pepper sandwich. No wonder that dude lost a lot of weight. He's lucky he didn't die of malnutrition.

Still, I'm glad you posted the story. How trying and embarrasing it must be for the likes of Michael Moore, Matalie Mains, and now, Subway, to have to own up to their American-ness in front of those cool Euros. I think that Americans ought to do the decent thing, and stop humiliating these poor folks with our stupid bumpkin money. Or is that censorship?

No, that's "Consumership"!

Great ideas! I am messaging alot of people on this. Those traitors at subway shouldn't see a piece of American money!

You guys crack me up. first off, the ads are in germany, not here. Freedom fries anyone?

secondly, the ads are playing in germany. Now, the last that I checked, everyone was real big on this 'global economy' so why would you capitalists bitch about a company using advertising tactics designed to promote their business?

DKSuddeth said:
You guys crack me up. first off, the ads are in germany, not here. Freedom fries anyone?

secondly, the ads are playing in germany. Now, the last that I checked, everyone was real big on this 'global economy' so why would you capitalists bitch about a company using advertising tactics designed to promote their business?

Wait. Were your firstly and secondly the same point?

Capitalists still believe in taste.

DKSuddeth said:

Well, in the first place, Subway made it's fortune here in America, selling their shitty little rabbit-food sandwiches. Now, they go elsewhere, and play upon deeply-rooted Euro-contempt for America in order to line their pockets a little more. Doesn't that make them - I don't know - slimy ingrates?

In the second place, you'd be mistaken to lump "us all" together as panting globalists. I, for one, happen to feel that the party of Reagan has been hijacked.

musicman said:
Well, in the first place, Subway made it's fortune here in America, selling their shitty little rabbit-food sandwiches. Now, they go elsewhere, and play upon deeply-rooted Euro-contempt for America in order to line their pockets a little more. Doesn't that make them - I don't know - slimy ingrates?
Exactly!!

Cool--I finally have another reason to tell my son why I won't go to Subway with him. Boy will he be pissed.

Time will tell if Subway feels any economic effects of this questionable advertising campaign. I fear they are not the only corporation that is taking advantage of world conflict. Thier job is to make money for thier stockholders, not promote America.

dilloduck said:
Thier job is to make money for thier stockholders, not promote America.
They don't have to promote America (even though the only reason they can franchise so big and to Germany is because all the money they made off this "fat" America), but damn, don't degrade us either!

So subway made its fortune in america.......MOST companies made their fortune in america, with american workers, yet you don't complain about the offshoring of american jobs. sounds to me like you want your cake and to eat it too.

DKSuddeth said:
So subway made its fortune in america.......MOST companies made their fortune in america, with american workers, yet you don't complain about the offshoring of american jobs. sounds to me like you want your cake and to eat it too.
Are they going to other countries and promoting their business there by talking shit about US?

DKSuddeth said:

Personally I think companies are free to franchise overseas, always have and probably always will. At the same time, I can choose to spend my money on their competitor, for any reason at all. In the case of Subway, if they are choosing to run ads that are playing on anti-Americanism already boiling in Germany, I choose not to buy their product in Illinois. I will go to Quiznos or Panera.

Forum List

Back