Subtle Homophobia

Sky Dancer

Rookie
Jan 21, 2009
If you want to get into a more nuanced conversation about what it's like for some of us who are gay or lesbina have a recent experience to report.

i dont..i live in a moderately welcoming area..i work with gay men and women...i got no problems with any of them...matter of fact we are trying to set up jamie with someone..but alas all we can find are baby dykes...i am bi...one of my closer friends is bi...

what every floats your boat as long as everyone is....say it with me...a consenting adult

but i have observed gay men catch a lot more hell than gay women...you would think in the mtns there would be hate but its kinda of a live and let live area...i work at a redneck beer store and we have several gay customers as well as a transexual...

• Banned
I had a misunderstanding with someone who I thought was becoming a friend. The misunderstanding arose in a chatroom. The individual threw out the 'gay card' as a way to distance me and hurt me. Previously, she had pretended we were friends with a lot in common. Now she's saying I made up being with my partner for 24 years--that I don't even have a partner!

Why is it that some straight women will assume you're hitting on them if they're getting closer to a lesbian? I was trying to clear up the misunderstanding and now this yoyo thinks I'm doing so because I have a romantic interest in her! I wouldn't be getting that kind of bs if I were a straight woman. It's irritating. It's prejudice.

Last edited:
I had a misunderstanding with someone who I thought was becoming a friend. The misunderstanding arose in a chatroom. The individual threw out the 'gay card' as a way to distance me and hurt me. Previously, she had pretended we were friends with a lot in common. Now she's saying I made up being with my partner for 24 years--that I don't even have a partner!

ahh i am sorry for that sky...but you cant take everything to heart....easier to say than do.

You know......I'm most definitely straight, but I've had many friends of mine who were gay and lesbian.

Personally? I prefer the gays and lesbians over the straights. Why? Simple.....I've never seen a pushy gay dude. I've had several proposition me over the years, but, whenever I said no, they went on about their business.

Gays are also generally more intelligent than straights.

When I was in Norfolk, I lived as a "beard" for 2 lesbians who were my best friends. Hated it when I had to leave to move to Amarillo.

On my first ship, had a friend of mine named Paul, and I went out partying with him quite a bit......seems straight chicks are attracted to gay dudes, and Paul would make sure that I hooked up with women from whatever port we were in. He'd attract and charm 'em, and then turn them loose on me.

Nope......I definitely like gay people.

• Banned

ahh i am sorry for that sky...but you cant take everything to heart....easier to say than do.

You're right. It just hurt my feelings. This was someone I had even talked with on the phone a few times. I should have figured it out when she would not tell me her last name on the phone. She knows my real name and address, and phone number. I'm not worried about her bugging me. My feelings are hurt. I spent a lot of time listening to her, and thought we were becoming friends.

She's very paranoid.

but i have observed gay men catch a lot more hell than gay women...you would think in the mtns there would be hate but its kinda of a live and let live area...i work at a redneck beer store and we have several gay customers as well as a transexual...

Oddly, I have noticed most rural areas are like that. The worst attacks on people based on such choices I have seen are all in suburban neighborhoods, followed by the big cities. In Seattle a few years back there was a short increase on gay men (or any man walking with another man even if they were straight) in the Cap. Hill area, it died down as quickly as it appeared once the police finally said they will treat it as a hate crime.

Another form of prejudice exists when someone picks you out--for being openly lesbian--and expects you to answer for every single behavior that any gay or lesbian person on the planet acts out.

Another form of prejudice exists when someone picks you out--for being openly lesbian--and expects you to answer for every single behavior that any gay or lesbian person on the planet acts out.

That would be annoying. I never ask anyone about their lifestyle, especially with generalized questions. I get the religious questions like that though, they always ask me all about witches and pagans ... as if one of us could seriously represent the whole.

Sky Dancer,

If you are homosexual you can get help. It is a known medical fact that homosexuals are "made" they are not born. Mentals disorders contribute to homosexuality and you can be helped. I know it must be awful to be different but you can get help. S[peak to your doctor and your Priest. Prayer is the first thing you need to do, ask God to forgive you and He will direct you to a new life.

Praise Jesus Sky Dancer for you will be cured !!!!!!

Sky Dancer,

If you are homosexual you can get help. It is a known medical fact that homosexuals are "made" they are not born. Mentals disorders contribute to homosexuality and you can be helped. I know it must be awful to be different but you can get help. S[peak to your doctor and your Priest. Prayer is the first thing you need to do, ask God to forgive you and He will direct you to a new life.

Fuck off, asshole. Everybody's tired of your inflamatory horseshit.

Last edited:

That would be annoying. I never ask anyone about their lifestyle, especially with generalized questions. I get the religious questions like that though, they always ask me all about witches and pagans ... as if one of us could seriously represent the whole.

Yeah, it's annoying. There is so much diversity in human minds. What makes my life as a lesbian politcal is marriage inquality laws.

I choose to be openly lesbian as a political act and to honor my father--who died--and was of a generation to not be able to live openly as a gay man. "If a bullet should enter my brain, let that bullet destroy every closet door." Harvey Milk

Last edited:
Sky Dancer,

Yukon...you can also be cured.

What you need to do is inject a special lead pill into your brain through the roof of your mouth.

But you must inject it very quickly with a special tool that expells it at high velocity...to make sure that the pill penetrates the bone.

Yukon--

I don't put you in the category of being 'subtly homophobic'. Are you Sunni Man?

Sky Dancer,

Yukon

If you are Canadian you can get help. It is a known medical fact that Canadians are "made" they are not born. Mental disorders contribute to being Canadian and you can be helped. I know it must be awful to be different but you can get help. Speak to your doctor and your immigration lawyer. A green card application is the first thing you need to do, ask Obama to forgive you and He will direct you to a new life.

Praise Obama Yukon for you will be cured !!!!!!

Last edited:

You're right. It just hurt my feelings. This was someone I had even talked with on the phone a few times. I should have figured it out when she would not tell me her last name on the phone. She knows my real name and address, and phone number. I'm not worried about her bugging me. My feelings are hurt. I spent a lot of time listening to her, .and thought we were becoming friends.

She's very paranoid.

your such a sensitive drama queen..you would love my babys mother..and my daughter
and most defintely..have a lot in common...

Forum List

Back