Subsistence vs Sport Hunting

JakeStarkey

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2009
Yes, to the first, and the second is blood lust, nothing more.

"Take a picture, not a trophy. This is how real men shoot animals..."

1558560_233799490077745_732379464_n.jpg

• Banned
Go for it. Subsistence and blood sport if it is your thing.

Once again, some little LIBERAL doesn't like what someone else is doing, so instead of LOOKING THE OTHER WAY and not associating with it, they want to FORCE them to have to STOP.

Don't tell me that LIBERALS aren't the EQUAL to WWII NAZI's, because they ARE.

Ah, the blood lust force is strong in some of those above.

I don't care for sport hunting

If you're not going to eat an animal then why kill it?
Herd management.

If you're worried about herd management then you don't kill the predators.

Now I'm from the school of "leave it on its feet if its not fit enough to eat" but with all due respect, many times one has to cull predators.

Take for example the huge bruhaha that went on over Palin's wolf kill.

It was all based on ignorance. By Alaskan law, by treaty the government of Alaska has to cull wolves and bears to preserve and maintain herds of caribou and moose for example for First Nations.

But this kill of Cecile is outrageous because this shooting was a brazen illegal act and those participating in this hunt should have the book thrown at them.

They are no better than any vile poachers we read about in Africa. I hope they spend a long time wearing orange out of the bush and in jail.

Whoopsies! First coffee. Forgot to put up the wildlife management link.

Intensive Management of Wolves and Ungulates in Alaska

Kimberly Titus

Alaska Department of Fish and Game, Division of Wildlife Conservation Juneau, Alaska

https://www.wildlifemanagementinstitute.org/PDF/15-Intensive Management of....pdf

Here's the key part to the situation.

"High public interest in wolves and brown bears is confounded by some unique Alaskan laws and perspectives.

Many Alaskans maintain a subsistence culture, tradition and lifestyle that depends on wild foods. This dependence is protected under both state (state subsistence statute) and federal (Alaska National Interest Lands Conservation Act [ANILCA] laws."

Herd management.

If you're worried about herd management then you don't kill the predators.

Deer in my region have no predators.

Other than man.

Wonder how the OP feels about predators getting into chicken coops, attacking cattle on the range, etc?

personally, I've never been into wolf steak, or fox stew

There are a several reasons I can think of, off the top of my head.

I hunt coyotes. But I don't eat them. Since they are non-native species, they are wrecking havoc on the local wildlife populations, and doing the same with local small farmers. So I am removing a predator.

I have hunted other "pest" species. I do not eat them.

Forum List

Back