Subsidized poppies in Afghanistan, paid for by US!

Discussion in 'Afghanistan' started by ABikerSailor, Jul 22, 2009.

1. ABikerSailor

ABikerSailor Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,784
    First off.............take the Catch 22 out of the Marijuana Tax Stamp Act. Make it so that you can bring your product in to have it certified WITHOUT arresting them for not having a stamp.

Next? Look at the multitude of people who grow their own fresh fruit and produce. I didn't know what store bought food was for much of my childhood. We had a garden (2 acre), and I worked in it every summer when I lived with my Grandparents. We also slaughtered our own beef. We still paid tax for our produce via taxes on feed, fertilizer and seeds. Oh yeah......on some of the plants, they were allowed to go to seed, so that way we didn't spend as much the next year. Farmer's Markets are another example of this. The farmers pay the tax, and pass it on to the consumer, but for a whole lot cheaper than what you could get at the store. Same with roadside fruit and vegetable stands.

And remember.........most people in this country live in cities or suburbs. There simply isn't the required space for them to grow their own (comfortably), and so they will pay someone else to grow and package it for them. Same with how grocery stores operate right now.

And............like I said..........if marijuana were legal, a lot of people would turn from their current drugs and just do plants.

Plants ARE NOT DRUGS! They are plants. Remember........God told Adam and Eve "if it grows out of the ground, you may partake of it". He also reiterated the same thing to Moses in Sinai.

Incidentally..........one of the 3 main ingredients of the Holy Anointing Oil for the Kings of Israel was cannabis oil.

And yes........Jesus smokes pot. I use the present tense as He was resurrected and is still alive.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2009
  2. pete

pete The food stamp president

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +232
    Right ... the jails and prisons would just about be empty saving a trillion right there!

Its your body and if you want to abuse it go ahead as long as it doesn't disrupt anyone else.

3. ABikerSailor

ABikerSailor Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,784
    You know...........if it wasn't for the Shamen who blazed the trails for us, as well as others who researched many things, drugs wouldn't be here.

You want to know the difference between a plant and a drug? Plants grow naturally, drugs are refined by mankind. I consider cocoa leaves to be a decent way to deal with altitude.

I also consider cocaine to be a drug, and those that do it should be prosecuted, as it has been refined by mankind, and therefore is a drug.

Drugs have all the safety valves removed, plants don't.

4. geauxtohell

geauxtohell Choose your weapon.

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,154
    A large number of jherubs (akin to acres) in Afghanistan are already dedicated to growing hash. They don't call it "kush" for nothing.

At any rate, It actually makes sense (IMO) to subsidize Afghanis to grow wheat and alfalfa to level the market that they would get if they grow poppies. Without the illegal drug trade, the Taliban would lose a bulk of it's funding. Furthermore, it would allow the governement to gain some revenue as opposed to losing a significant portion of it's ag revenue to the black market.

No matter how you cut it, you can't get around the economic fact that poppies bring an exponentially larger revenue than legitimate crops.

We could subsidize Afghani farmers, cut down on our military footprint in A-stan, and save money in the process and (most importantly) have a configuration that is better suited to disrupt the Taliban.

5. waltky

waltky Wise ol' monkey Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,223
    Another record poppy crop in Afghanistan...
    [​IMG]
    Afghan opium cultivation jumps 10% this year: UN
    Mon, Oct 24, 2016 - Afghanistan saw a 10 percent jump in opium cultivation this year, a sharp rise owing to favorable weather, growing insecurity and a drop in international support for counternarcotics operations, the UN said yesterday.
    See also:

Opium production up in Afghanistan, eradication down
    Oct. 23, 2016 -- Opium production in Afghanistan is up 43 percent over 2015 levels with very little eradication efforts in place, according to the latest Afghanistan Opium Survey.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
  6. Onyx

Onyx Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,102
    The US is dealing drugs. Always has been.

It is a massive stimulus for the economy, and it keeps the ghettos in check.

7. Angelo

Angelo Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,770
    Has anything changed in 10 years ?

44.jpg

8. Dekster

Dekster Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,028
    I have poppies growing in my wildflower bed.

9. Crixus

Crixus Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,838

Eat three grams of cubes and get back to me on that! If chewing a coca leaf helps with altitude, then a line of cocaine helps kick altitudes ass! There are a plenty of non narcotic plants or homeopathic remedies that are just shit and not good for folks at all. The poppy has been used for centuries to enslave people. It’s a plant from satan flat out.

10. Crixus

Crixus Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,838

No and it’s disgusting. Our troops have become nothing more then security guards for afghan poppy fields. That said, the “Alex Jones” part of my brain says the US protects the poppy fields because Iran is such a massive consumer of the opium. Just disgusting.

• Agree Agree x 1