Style Factory

usmbguest5318

Gold Member
Jan 1, 2017
D.C.
I have of late found myself watching several series on the Ovation Network and as a result of doing so, I stumbled across another Ovation series called Style Factory. The series is basically a "how it's made" show about various garments and fashion accessories.

Style Factory offers an addictive behind-the-scenes look at how fashion and beauty products are made. With fashionistas and company insiders weighing in at every step, the series reveals the incredible stories about the items we need and covet most. From the accessible to the aspirational, it’s a rare chance to peer behind the curtains of our favourite brands where crafty artisans work their magic and mass production dazzles.
(Source)​

The 30-minute (~20 minutes if one DVRs the show and fast-forwards through the commercials) episodes are interesting in several ways:
  • It provides insight into how various common items are made. Among the recent items for which the shows producers take viewers on a narrated video tour of the production process were official Air Force aviator sunglasses, LL Bean's Maine hunting boot, baseball caps, lace undergarments, motorcycle jackets, underwear, and nail polish.
  • Most of the items the show covers are made in the U.S., though occasionally a Canadian manufacturer is covered. Frankly, I had no idea so many things are indeed made in the USA.
  • By inference, one can get a sense of the nature and extent of automation in manufacturing at various levels of the fashion/clothing industry production process.

Forum List

Back