Stupidest Olympic Sports

Watched Greco-Roman wrestling yesterday

Looked more like ballroom dancing

Because you couldn't understand what you were looking at. It wouldn't take more than one 'dance' that ended with your head through the pavement to widen your perspective.

I am as loyal to Canada as Edward Snowden is to the United States of America...
Speaking of Snowden, I wonder what passport he carries? The American ones are only good for a few years (as any other country) and I rather doubt that he can just waltz into the US embassy in Moscow and apply for a new one
m1703.gif

Speaking of Snowden, I wonder what passport he carries? The American ones are only good for a few years (as any other country) and I rather doubt that he can just waltz into the US embassy in Moscow and apply for a new one
m1703.gif

You don't need a passport to travel. Do you think Obama shows his passport every time he enters a country? If a country wants someone in or out, they can do so as they choose. A passport isn't a requirement that must be met by countries. It's their choice. I've entered countries without a passport before.

Curling is the same as bowls, ten pin bowling, and many other sports. Also the same as shooting, it's about getting as close to the target as possible
I don't entirely agree. Pétanque requires reading an unequal contour and choosing range, speed, spin, straight toss, lop, roll, placement, or picking off your opponents boule - furthermore, the jack is positioned in a different spot each time. Curling is more like shuffle ....... with a stick:
145374-004-3C91811E.jpg

... or by hand:
hqdefault.jpg

Curling is the same as bowls, ten pin bowling, and many other sports. Also the same as shooting, it's about getting as close to the target as possible
I don't entirely agree. Pétanque requires reading an unequal contour and choosing range, speed, spin, straight toss, lop, roll, placement, or picking off your opponents boule - furthermore, the jack is positioned in a different spot each time. Curling is more like shuffle ....... with a stick:
145374-004-3C91811E.jpg

... or by hand:
hqdefault.jpg

Only you have to be able to read ice, and you can smooth the ice or not, making decisions the whole time it's moving along.

m1703.gif

You don't need a passport to travel. Do you think Obama shows his passport every time he enters a country? If a country wants someone in or out, they can do so as they choose. A passport isn't a requirement that must be met by countries. It's their choice. I've entered countries without a passport before.
c88a1650d0f3b7b42d1db039e558b89a.jpg

I've been to about 100 countries round the world. You are taking the subject out of context.

m1703.gif

c88a1650d0f3b7b42d1db039e558b89a.jpg

I've been to about 100 countries round the world. You are taking the subject out of context.

Wow, you've been to about 100 countries around the world. So that makes you an expert in what?

Taking the subject out of context? Talking about what sports you think are the stupidest and saying why I don't they they are is taking the subject out of context?

You don't need a passport to travel. ..... A passport isn't a requirement that must be met by countries......
You are full of crap. You know it ... and I know it. Or maybe you've never travelled at all and you simply imagine what it might be like.
images

Wow, you've been to about 100 countries around the world. So that makes you an expert in what?
Expert? Yeah well, on the subject of travel (and producing ID at international frontiers) it makes me an expert at spotting bull shit (like yours) when I see it.
steamingpile.gif

You don't need a passport to travel. ..... A passport isn't a requirement that must be met by countries......
You are full of crap. You know it ... and I know it. Or maybe you've never travelled at all and you simply imagine what it might be like.
images

Expert? Yeah well, on the subject of travel (and producing ID at international frontiers) it makes me an expert at spotting bull shit (like yours) when I see it.
steamingpile.gif

I have no idea how anyone can take a thread about the stupidest Olympic sport and turn it into another slagging match, but I'm not interested.

I have no idea how anyone can take a thread about the stupidest Olympic sport and turn it into another slagging match, but I'm not interested.
... and I have no idea why someone would see to a passing footnote ...... reply to it with a sack of lies, respond to it again and again (extending what was no more than a small comment) .... then complain about its existence.
UPbig_headed_tiny_dog_chasing_tail_.gif

That flag-waving thing and synchronized anything.

Pretty much anything designed solely for women I'm afraid.

Anything else?

Relays in running. Almost every relay race is about infringements. Just read about the British team being disqualified because one guy's foot was apparently in the wrong place for something or other. The US team got disqualified for handing over the baton slightly too late. It's just a weird sport that revolves around a piece of metal, when it should about running.

I love the relays!

That flag-waving thing and synchronized anything.

Pretty much anything designed solely for women I'm afraid.

Anything else?

Relays in running. Almost every relay race is about infringements. Just read about the British team being disqualified because one guy's foot was apparently in the wrong place for something or other. The US team got disqualified for handing over the baton slightly too late. It's just a weird sport that revolves around a piece of metal, when it should about running.

I love the relays!

You might love it as entertainment, but as a sporting event those events where a judge, or judges, make decisions, is going to potentially turn a sport into something it perhaps shouldn't be.

Clearly every sport at the Olympics is loved by quite a lot of people, otherwise they'd not compete and it'd never become an Olympic sport.

However when there are so many hurdles which an athlete has to go through, and one slight error and the whole team gets disqualified for it, it seems to cause frustration for the athletes and therefore that's why I'm saying it's the stupidest Olympic sport.

Wow I didn't think that curling was such a violent sport!
But there is a non Olympic sport that's even dumber.
It's called the caber toss .
It involves pitching a telephone pole like log as far as you can.
Got to give it to the Scots!

In Australia they have dwarf tossing contests. It involves ........ yes, that's right! Hard to believe but it's true!

In Australia they have dwarf tossing contests. It involves ........ yes, that's right! Hard to believe but it's true!
Seen it.

Forum List

Back