Stupid XP - please help me!

elephant

Jan 19, 2005
Or maybe stupid me. I some how changed a setting on Windows XP and now all of the desktop icons have this stupid blue outline, like when you select one, but all the time. I cannot figure out how to get rid of it.

If some can help I would be indebted because the only solution I can figure out is reinstall!

If you need a pic I can post one.

-elephant

elephant said:
Or maybe stupid me. I some how changed a setting on Windows XP and now all of the desktop icons have this stupid blue outline, like when you select one, but all the time. I cannot figure out how to get rid of it.

If some can help I would be indebted because the only solution I can figure out is reinstall!

-elephant

I could only guess that it has something to do with diplay properties but I don't even trust myself mashing a bunch of buttons. :banana:

elephant said:

-elephant
Don't reinstall, there's a way to fix it. I just have to remember where it is. Gimme a couple

The ClayTaurus said:
Don't reinstall, there's a way to fix it. I just have to remember where it is. Gimme a couple
http://www.annoyances.org/exec/show/article02-137
See if that fixes is it.

After you all help out elephant.
I'm having trouble playing all my old rayman games since installing xp, I use to have ME. Anyone else have this problem? I've tried a couple of things xp suggested, still no go.
Thanks

Stephanie said:
After you all help out elephant.
I'm having trouble playing all my old rayman games since installing xp, I use to have ME. Anyone else have this problem? I've tried a couple of things xp suggested, still no go.
Thanks
Gonna need a little more than just a basic synopsis to help you. Like.. what's Rayman, and is it even XP compatible? What have you tried already?

The ClayTaurus said:
Gonna need a little more than just a basic synopsis to help you. Like.. what's Rayman, and is it even XP compatible? What have you tried already?

I dont think I could really explain it. Not real computer savey.. Rayman is a computer game, and I've had them for a long time. xp shows you a few tricks on how your suppose to be able to play an older game with it, but I've not figured it out.. Games start out ok, then freezes. I've only had xp since Christmas, so I know it's not clutter or other junk.. I probably should just ask xp about it.. Thanks anyway Clay

The ClayTaurus said:
http://www.annoyances.org/exec/show/article02-137
See if that fixes is it.

I am fully sorted out. Thank you so much!!!

What do I owe you for saving me from the reinstall?

Stephanie said:
I dont think I could really explain it. Not real computer savey.. Rayman is a computer game, and I've had them for a long time. xp shows you a few tricks on how your suppose to be able to play an older game with it, but I've not figured it out.. Games start out ok, then freezes. I've only had xp since Christmas, so I know it's not clutter or other junk.. I probably should just ask xp about it.. Thanks anyway Clay
It could be anything. Sorry I can't help more. Lemme know if you ever figure it out.

I'll put a check in the mail for one fillup of regular for a moped.

Hope that covers it because gas is pricey!

Stephanie said:

on the start icon for the game right click, click on properties. go to the tab
campability,

then run in compability mode win 98/me

give it a try.

Forum List

Back