Stupid Speed Limits...

Discussion in 'Law and Justice System' started by Roopull, Jan 30, 2007.

1. Roopull

Roopull Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18
    It has long been my position that speeders do not cause accidents. Slow drivers in the fast lane, erratic and careless lane changers, and tailgaters cause accidents. When was the last time you had to change what you were doing on the interstate because of a fast driver? How about a slow driver... like the old fart going 50 in a 65 zone while cruising one lane over from the fast lane. :rolleyes: It's the speed differential that kills. The world would be a better place if every interstate had signs that said, "Keep Right Except To Pass," and those signs were backed up by laws & cops who were willing to pursue the offenders in court.

I digress. In fact, that paragraph I just wrote barely has anything to do with this story... sue me. :D In my ongoing drive to bring you worthless, yet entertaining news, I give you...

Proof I didn't make this up!
    [/URL]

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. 90K

90K BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +64
    If the law didn't deviate in the courts about wording it would be easy to enforce the posted speed limits. Except in rare cases most every place in this country you can get by going 5 miles per hour over the posted limit. In many places it is up to nine miles an hour over. About jerk offs in the left lane, or the over taking lane or the HOV lane, or the fast lane. Well if I were a copper I'd use that push pad on the front of the cruiser to move slow ass drivers trying to either make a statement of defiance or just forgot that Americans who have taken drivers ed clearly states that the left lane is for overtaking or passing and slower car are to be in the right lane. After I moved said car over I'd give them a ticket for impeding traffic.
    Actually if we as drivers did as we should it wouldn't be an issue but everyone including myself feel they have to make a statement when driving at times. So ultimately it sucks to live in Detroit.

3. gabosaurus

gabosaurus Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

4. 90K

90K BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +64
    Hey I've heard that before on a very old TV cop show back in the 1970's:rofl:
    Another area is multi tasking behind the wheel which causes distractions

5. gabosaurus

gabosaurus Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Slow drivers are irritating. But unless there is a posted minimum speed, they are not breaking the law. Exceeding the speed limit is against the law.
    My favorite moments are when I see cars that passed me at 80 mph pulled over a few miles later. :rofl:

6. 90K

90K BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +64
    only place I know of no known posted rules or speed limits is in parking lots! Besides stop signs and arrows that nobody follows there are no rules or speed limits.

7. Gurdari

Gurdari Egaliterra

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +40
    how do the germans or whomever make it work?

8. gabosaurus

gabosaurus Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Germany makes it work because the drivers understand how to adapt their driving habits to road conditions. The passing lane is actually respected as the passing lane.
    I was in Germany last summer to visit relatives. Some friends drove me from Munich north to the Wacken Festival. Some of the speeds are frightening. But the Germans are, overall, very good drivers.

9. 90K

90K BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +64
    you have to make it work when you are hauling ass, less reaction times. People drive good road worthy cars over there as well.