Stupid Question about China

neurosport

Rookie
Mar 19, 2009
Brooklyn, NY
i was telling my friend that China can't stop lending us money because then nobody would buy their shit and their economy would implode.

then he says - why can't they just use the money they have to buy their own crap that they produce ?

i didn't know what to say :)

so - why can't they ?

its gonna be the same money, and same products, only insted of Americans buying it will be Chinese.

the only difference i can think of is then China wouldn't have a collection of our worthless securities. but does that even matter ?

China doesnt want imbalance of trade activities with USA because sooner or later as the US gets out of its hard time, the China who invested blindly into US will enjoy alot than others who were afraid to do so ..

i was telling my friend that China can't stop lending us money because then nobody would buy their shit and their economy would implode.

then he says - why can't they just use the money they have to buy their own crap that they produce ?

i didn't know what to say :)

so - why can't they ?

its gonna be the same money, and same products, only insted of Americans buying it will be Chinese.

the only difference i can think of is then China wouldn't have a collection of our worthless securities. but does that even matter ?

There's no reason they can't, and they need to. There's no chance we're going to be paying them back and the more money they lend us the less of a chance there is. If they simply cut us off and consumed their own products they'd be much better off.

New Topics

Forum List

Back