Stupid on steroids: movie review complains not enough women or people of color in "Dunkirk"

tinydancer

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2010
Piney
:lmao:

I really don't know what to say so I'll put up James Delingpole's thoughts on this review.

"Yes, it’s true that Dunkirk’s leading roles are indeed dominated by white European males.

But one possible reason for this is that Dunkirk was an actual historical event which director Christopher Nolan has gone to considerable trouble to recreate as accurately as possible.

Sure it might have provided valuable comic relief if Amy Schumer or Rebel Wilson – or perhaps even both – had been cast as, say, two brilliant battlefield surgeons who insisted on staying behind with the troops when all their male counterparts had fled.

Also, it would definitely have added a new dimension had James Earl Jones been cast as the salty old Royal Naval officer called out of retirement for one last trip across the English Channel,

Or if Ice T and Snoop Dogg had been given the role of two ageing rappers who parachute from a Dakota to administer weed to the desperate troops,

Or if Oprah appeared in a cameo as Queen Mary welcoming the returning troops after their desperate voyage.

But it wouldn’t have been historically authentic.

The guy from USA Today: he does know it’s history, right?

dunkirk-640x480.jpg

Delingpole: Not Enough 'Women', 'People of Color' in Dunkirk, USA Today Complains

Oh it gets better, evidently not enough people of color either.

I don't think the British army was made up by a majority of people of color

:lmao:

I really don't know what to say so I'll put up James Delingpole's thoughts on this review.

"Yes, it’s true that Dunkirk’s leading roles are indeed dominated by white European males.

But one possible reason for this is that Dunkirk was an actual historical event which director Christopher Nolan has gone to considerable trouble to recreate as accurately as possible.

Sure it might have provided valuable comic relief if Amy Schumer or Rebel Wilson – or perhaps even both – had been cast as, say, two brilliant battlefield surgeons who insisted on staying behind with the troops when all their male counterparts had fled.

Also, it would definitely have added a new dimension had James Earl Jones been cast as the salty old Royal Naval officer called out of retirement for one last trip across the English Channel,

Or if Ice T and Snoop Dogg had been given the role of two ageing rappers who parachute from a Dakota to administer weed to the desperate troops,

Or if Oprah appeared in a cameo as Queen Mary welcoming the returning troops after their desperate voyage.

But it wouldn’t have been historically authentic.

The guy from USA Today: he does know it’s history, right?

dunkirk-640x480.jpg

Delingpole: Not Enough 'Women', 'People of Color' in Dunkirk, USA Today Complains

It's being touted as a masterpiece. It's on my go-to-the-theater list.

It never fails. About the time you think you've heard it all from stupid lefty idiots they find a way to one-up themselves.

Yeah, let's change history for the sake of friggin' diversity.

Also, why the hell didn't they add any Safe Spaces for those scared soldiers waiting to be rescued? I fear those poor actors and extras will never be the same the rest of their lives now after all they had to put up with.

Forum List

Back