Stupid Liberals!

Moi

Sep 2, 2003
The ONLY GOOD place
Okay, just have to vent about the idiots liberals that I live amongst.

I went shooting today and one of the guys there was telling about his daughter (or granddaughter, I forget) who had to have a physical for school by the school nurse. Part of the "physical" was a series of questions about whether her parents have guns, whether she knew where the guns were, were the guns loaded, etc. The parents were told (after they called to complain about the interview) that the children had to answer these questions or not go to school.

Now, I certainly understand the need to secure a gun- I'm no idiot. But since when is it the school's perogative to ask children about their parents' lawful activities. Do they ask if the parents have alcohol in the house? Know where to get it? Ever syphoned a bit off? Do they ask for a parents DMV record?

I mean really! What a violation of the constitution...no member of the state has the right to ask law abiding citizens about what's in their home...it's called violation of search and seizure laws. And schools are a member of the state for goodness sake.

I am going to teach my 4 year old in plenty of time the following refrain:

"I do not answer questions of such nature. If you have a question about what legal objects my parents own, please contact them."

And when they do, I'll refer them to my lawyer.

Police state tactics...Get your kids to rat you out for a crime you never committed because it was a legal, lawful act at the time. And whose adminstration is this happening under? Hmmm?

Bullypulpit said:
Police state tactics...Get your kids to rat you out for a crime you never committed because it was a legal, lawful act at the time. And whose adminstration is this happening under? Hmmm?
Hate to tell you, it's got nothing to do with any president or governor..they are both republican.

This is a direct result of the same localities that elected the morons Hillary Clinton and Charles Schumer. Can you say LIBERAL.

This reminds me of a story that I heard the other day about a man who went to his doctor complaining of heart palpatations. As part of the series of routine questions, he asked if the man drank and how much. The man told the doctor that he usually drinks about a six-pack after work each night. According to the law in that state (I believe it was Pennsylvania), the doctor had to report this to the authourities. The state then proceeded to revoke the man's drivers license. He protested citing that he hadn't had any alcohol-related incedences in twenty-some years and that he didn't drive.

Apparently this is the law in a half-dozen states. Doctors must report above average alcohol use to the state, violating doctor/patient confidentiality. The license is revoced regardless of whether the man has actually commited a crime or even exibits risky behavior aside from the drinking.

:bsflag:

Bullypulpit said:

:2guns:

Don't know why you're so hell-bent to try to lay this off on Bush who is trying to let the assault weapons ban fade away.

It has not been conservatives who have doggedly tried to ban everything from slingshots to shotguns. That has been liberals - every time.

Now if you want to bitch about conservatives not fighting FOR gun rights as energetically as they should be, you might be able to make a case.

Actually most of these type of activities come directly from the minds of conservatives. The gun stuff is being pushed by the pro-security types. It has nothing to do with gun control, rather it is, as Bully state, more about conservative (i.e. John Ashcroft and John Poindexter) attempts to create a police state. They are asking about guns to prevent them from being brought into schools.

I would, rather than asking these questions, teach students to never touch a gun unless an adult is helping you, and to tell a teacher if you see someone with a gun at school or if someone says they are going to bring one.

acludem

acludem said:
Actually most of these type of activities come directly from the minds of conservatives. The gun stuff is being pushed by the pro-security types. It has nothing to do with gun control, rather it is, as Bully state, more about conservative (i.e. John Ashcroft and John Poindexter) attempts to create a police state. They are asking about guns to prevent them from being brought into schools.

I would, rather than asking these questions, teach students to never touch a gun unless an adult is helping you, and to tell a teacher if you see someone with a gun at school or if someone says they are going to bring one.

acludem

Actually, teaching kids the proper respect for firearms and the proper, responsible uses for them (not busting a cap in a rival gang members ass), would do much to reduce reduce gun deaths amongst kids, either accidental or intentional.

The anti-gun lobby spends too much time and effort focusing on the abdication of responsibility that indiscriminate gun use is. Teach folks about the responsibilities that freedom entails rather than raising a nation of victims.

acludem said:

I'm not believing you said that. Whose names are attached to gun control legislation adopted by congress?

This has been going on also...
American families may soon find themselves in this scenario. Social activists are taking their war on gun ownership to a new battleground: the doctor's office.(1) The American Medical Association (AMA)(2), American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP)(3), and American College of Physicians (ACP)(4) are urging doctors to probe their patients about guns in their homes. They profess concern for patient safety. But their ulterior motive is a political prejudice against guns and gun owners. And that places their interventions into the area of unethical physician conduct called boundary violations.
http://www.haciendapub.com/article14.html

Actually, the question you are all missing here is "What the hell does all of this have to do with the school physical?"

Last I knew, the physical was to determine if the child had the capabilities of speach, hearing and sight in order to learn.

I know you aren't really missing the question; it's just that is the ONLY question - and the one that I would be down at the district demanding an answer to.

HGROKIT said:
Actually, the question you are all missing here is "What the hell does all of this have to do with the school physical?"

Last I knew, the physical was to determine if the child had the capabilities of speach, hearing and sight in order to learn.

I know you aren't really missing the question; it's just that is the ONLY question - and the one that I would be down at the district demanding an answer to.
Me too HGROKIT.
But after fighting the local school board on some of their ridicules programs that did destroy a good system..we went
private in the 7th grade..Glad we did too..

acludem said:

acludem

BULLSHIT! It's nothing more than liberal gun control, "through the back door", since conservatives got their eye on the front.

And what kind of Gistapo pressure tactics is, "can't attend school without anwwering the questions"? By God if I'm paying the frickin' school TAXES, then my kid would be attending if they were a well behaved kid.

This "PUMPING THE CHILD" tactic has been abused by the liberal teaching community to the 'enth degree. I'm sure glad I don't have a school aged child. Had my child came home and told me a story like that, I'd have beat a smoking trail straight down to that school, and probably gotten in trouble kicking some pinheaded liberals ass.

I forgot, John Ashcroft would eliminate the entire Bill of Rights, save for the 2nd amendment. He won't even let DOJ see whether or not TERRORISTS bought guns. We'll see what books you read, what music you buy, what websites you search, but your deadly firearms are none of our business.

acludem

acludem said:
I forgot, John Ashcroft would eliminate the entire Bill of Rights, save for the 2nd amendment. He won't even let DOJ see whether or not TERRORISTS bought guns. We'll see what books you read, what music you buy, what websites you search, but your deadly firearms are none of our business.

acludem

That's right - when you can no longer defend your argument, switch to another baseless accusation.

That crap doesn't work anymore, bud. I'm not going to chase you from one pile of your BS to another. Either stay on topic or start a new thread.

Moi said:
Okay, just have to vent about the idiots liberals that I live amongst.

I went shooting today and one of the guys there was telling about his daughter (or granddaughter, I forget) who had to have a physical for school by the school nurse. Part of the "physical" was a series of questions about whether her parents have guns, whether she knew where the guns were, were the guns loaded, etc. The parents were told (after they called to complain about the interview) that the children had to answer these questions or not go to school.

Now, I certainly understand the need to secure a gun- I'm no idiot. But since when is it the school's perogative to ask children about their parents' lawful activities. Do they ask if the parents have alcohol in the house? Know where to get it? Ever syphoned a bit off? Do they ask for a parents DMV record?

I mean really! What a violation of the constitution...no member of the state has the right to ask law abiding citizens about what's in their home...it's called violation of search and seizure laws. And schools are a member of the state for goodness sake.

I am going to teach my 4 year old in plenty of time the following refrain:

"I do not answer questions of such nature. If you have a question about what legal objects my parents own, please contact them."

And when they do, I'll refer them to my lawyer.

I agree with you Moi. Schools have been sticking their nose where it doesn't belong for a while. There was a news story a while ago about fat kids and the school somehow being involved in that. They think they need to tell you if your kids too fat and somehow step in. On top of all that,some schools want to teach a child waaaaaay too much about sex.

Schools are just trying to do their jobs 1) educate kids 2) make sure they are safe.

Soemtimes they may not quite 'get it', but at least they are looking out for the well being of the children.

As for the doctor reporting alcohol thing, that is defiently left over from puritan style prohibition, and not liberalism.

Our pediatrician asked my daughter if we had guns in the home during a physical. She said, " Of course there are. In the gun cabinet." She acted as if she were being asked if we had dishes, or linen.

She turned nine this summer and we started her out on a Daisy Red Rider BB gun. She is taking gun safety very seriously, though she can't hit the big cymbal we hung up for a target yet.

Maybe next summer when I swith her over to the pellet rifle with a scope.

Recount.jpg

acludem said:

acludem

And you'll have us all living in communism, and marrying our brother.

Forum List

Back