Stupid Liberals!

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Moi, Aug 25, 2004.

1. Moi

Moi Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Okay, just have to vent about the idiots liberals that I live amongst.

I went shooting today and one of the guys there was telling about his daughter (or granddaughter, I forget) who had to have a physical for school by the school nurse. Part of the "physical" was a series of questions about whether her parents have guns, whether she knew where the guns were, were the guns loaded, etc. The parents were told (after they called to complain about the interview) that the children had to answer these questions or not go to school.

Now, I certainly understand the need to secure a gun- I'm no idiot. But since when is it the school's perogative to ask children about their parents' lawful activities. Do they ask if the parents have alcohol in the house? Know where to get it? Ever syphoned a bit off? Do they ask for a parents DMV record?

I mean really! What a violation of the constitution...no member of the state has the right to ask law abiding citizens about what's in their home...it's called violation of search and seizure laws. And schools are a member of the state for goodness sake.

I am going to teach my 4 year old in plenty of time the following refrain:

"I do not answer questions of such nature. If you have a question about what legal objects my parents own, please contact them."

And when they do, I'll refer them to my lawyer.

2. Bullypulpit

Bullypulpit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +379
    Police state tactics...Get your kids to rat you out for a crime you never committed because it was a legal, lawful act at the time. And whose adminstration is this happening under? Hmmm?

3. Moi

Moi Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Hate to tell you, it's got nothing to do with any president or governor..they are both republican.

This is a direct result of the same localities that elected the morons Hillary Clinton and Charles Schumer. Can you say LIBERAL.

4. popefumanchu

popefumanchu Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5
    This reminds me of a story that I heard the other day about a man who went to his doctor complaining of heart palpatations. As part of the series of routine questions, he asked if the man drank and how much. The man told the doctor that he usually drinks about a six-pack after work each night. According to the law in that state (I believe it was Pennsylvania), the doctor had to report this to the authourities. The state then proceeded to revoke the man's drivers license. He protested citing that he hadn't had any alcohol-related incedences in twenty-some years and that he didn't drive.

Apparently this is the law in a half-dozen states. Doctors must report above average alcohol use to the state, violating doctor/patient confidentiality. The license is revoced regardless of whether the man has actually commited a crime or even exibits risky behavior aside from the drinking.

:bsflag:

5. Merlin1047

Merlin1047 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +450
    :2guns:

Don't know why you're so hell-bent to try to lay this off on Bush who is trying to let the assault weapons ban fade away.

It has not been conservatives who have doggedly tried to ban everything from slingshots to shotguns. That has been liberals - every time.

Now if you want to bitch about conservatives not fighting FOR gun rights as energetically as they should be, you might be able to make a case.

6. acludem

acludem VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +69
    Actually most of these type of activities come directly from the minds of conservatives. The gun stuff is being pushed by the pro-security types. It has nothing to do with gun control, rather it is, as Bully state, more about conservative (i.e. John Ashcroft and John Poindexter) attempts to create a police state. They are asking about guns to prevent them from being brought into schools.

I would, rather than asking these questions, teach students to never touch a gun unless an adult is helping you, and to tell a teacher if you see someone with a gun at school or if someone says they are going to bring one.

acludem

7. Bullypulpit

Bullypulpit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +379
    Actually, teaching kids the proper respect for firearms and the proper, responsible uses for them (not busting a cap in a rival gang members ass), would do much to reduce reduce gun deaths amongst kids, either accidental or intentional.

The anti-gun lobby spends too much time and effort focusing on the abdication of responsibility that indiscriminate gun use is. Teach folks about the responsibilities that freedom entails rather than raising a nation of victims.

8. Merlin1047

Merlin1047 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +450
    I'm not believing you said that. Whose names are attached to gun control legislation adopted by congress?

9. Mr. P

Mr. P Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +618
    This has been going on also...
    http://www.haciendapub.com/article14.html

10. HGROKIT

HGROKIT Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Actually, the question you are all missing here is "What the hell does all of this have to do with the school physical?"

Last I knew, the physical was to determine if the child had the capabilities of speach, hearing and sight in order to learn.

I know you aren't really missing the question; it's just that is the ONLY question - and the one that I would be down at the district demanding an answer to.