Stupid Husband Tricks

Cecilie1200

Diamond Member
Nov 15, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Mind you, that means the TRICK was stupid, not the husband. He's just . . . male.

So my husband got a bunch of bug bites on his calves. Probably mosquito. I told him to rub some Preparation H on them so he wouldn't scratch them. (Yes, I know it sounds weird, but Prep H "reduces redness, swelling, and itch", and what do you get with bug bites? Exactly.) He didn't listen, and kept scratching them until they turned into small open wounds . . . which then got infected. Did he tell me about this? No he did not. Not until last night, when he complained about how much his legs hurt, and I looked and found big red raw patches all over his lower legs. I dragged him, arguing all the way that he didn't need a doctor, to the urgent care, where they informed us that he had a staph infection.

*sigh* So now he has a fever and I have a day off from work to go get his meds from the pharmacy (it was closed by the time we left urgent care) and listen to him complain about how bad he feels.

Is this just my guys ('cause my sons do this crap too; my oldest son had to go to the ER for the world's most advanced case of athlete's foot), or is this endemic to men in general?

Mind you, that means the TRICK was stupid, not the husband. He's just . . . male.

So my husband got a bunch of bug bites on his calves. Probably mosquito. I told him to rub some Preparation H on them so he wouldn't scratch them. (Yes, I know it sounds weird, but Prep H "reduces redness, swelling, and itch", and what do you get with bug bites? Exactly.) He didn't listen, and kept scratching them until they turned into small open wounds . . . which then got infected. Did he tell me about this? No he did not. Not until last night, when he complained about how much his legs hurt, and I looked and found big red raw patches all over his lower legs. I dragged him, arguing all the way that he didn't need a doctor, to the urgent care, where they informed us that he had a staph infection.

*sigh* So now he has a fever and I have a day off from work to go get his meds from the pharmacy (it was closed by the time we left urgent care) and listen to him complain about how bad he feels.

Is this just my guys ('cause my sons do this crap too; my oldest son had to go to the ER for the world's most advanced case of athlete's foot), or is this endemic to men in general?

Should have made him rub his legs with alcohol.

Good God, why? I wanted to KEEP from damaging the tissue, not damage it worse.

I provide the insurance, pay the bills, and am the family DR.
ITS the daughters and wife who hide things til they feel bad enough I notice. Last one daughter had cut on bottom of her toe I told her to keep covered, did she, not until I remembered to recheck and find it infected.

Hope you have a good life insurance policy on your hubby?

Yeah, speaking as a single male parent raising two teenage boys I gotta say it's just your guys.

Sorry.

I meant right after he scratched the crap out of his legs. Some guys just kind of deny things like..scratching and athlete's foot.

I did when I was a kid, but learned better as I got older.

I provide the insurance, pay the bills, and am the family DR.
ITS the daughters and wife who hide things til they feel bad enough I notice. Last one daughter had cut on bottom of her toe I told her to keep covered, did she, not until I remembered to recheck and find it infected.

Well, at least I'm not the only one with self-destructive relatives.

My daughter is usually good about going to the doctor, although she's unusually susceptible to the insane notions about health that permeate the ignorant lower classes.

he should of rubbed his legs against his wife. When it was cold outside and wife came to bed, she always put her cold ass feet up against my warm legs. Tit for tat, is what is say..

Hope you have a good life insurance policy on your hubby?

Yes, but I'm hoping not to use it.

We also have good health insurance, AND an HSA, and he keeps saying, "I don't need a doctor. I don't want to spend the money." I'm going, "That's what the money is THERE for."

Forum List

Back