Stupid Committee Failing Because Dems Want Tax Increases & A Promise To Cut Spending

I'm so tired of hearing, "What have the repubicans done." Since when can one branch of government pass bills???? You idiots.. How many bills has the House put forward under GOP leadership? is the line of defense from the Zombie Squad??? The same idiots who held all three branches and never bothered to pass a budget.. Just spend, spend, spend.. Americans see through this BULLSHIT propaganda stunt.

The Republicans had their chance to prove to us how fiscally conscious they were during the debt ceiling debate. They could have held firm and not voted to increase it and that would have proven their commitment to what they promised. Instead they made that lame ass deal which resulted in a whopping $39 billion reduction in growth, not actual spending cuts, in exchange for this useless Super Committee to come up with bigger cuts and if that failed, which it has, allow automatic across the board cuts to kick in. Well, guess what. John McLame and Lindsey Graham are now working on repealing the automatic cuts! Federal spending has increased 5% over last year!

I'm not sure why you assume Americans see through this "bullshit propaganda stunt" because you sure as shit didn't see through it last year.

Honest to God, how many times are you people going to allow yourselves to be duped?

They were also told that if we defaulted there would be havoc and everyone would blame the GOP, which I dont doubt would have happened. They played the default debate just fine.
I'm not sure this one isn't so bad after all. As long as they dont go back and undo the cuts scheduled we'll have spending back to 2007 levels!

demoncrats are the party of shit, and that's no shit either.

Even shit has a purpose.

The left has no purpose, unless you're competing against America for dominance.

Democrats are our enemy's best hope to bring us to our knees, bring this economy down to their paltry level.

Last edited:
So Obama looked happy that the Stupid Committee came to no agreement.

This was just meant to make it look like the Republicans are standing in the way.

That's his plan. Make it look like he's the only reasonable person in Washington.

And of course he blamed the whole thing on the Republicans, as predicted, then left without answering a question. Sounded like he had the speech written months ago.

Worthless piece of shit.

super-committee.jpg

Yesterday on "Meet The Depressed" I saw exactly why the Super Committee isn't going to work. I also saw MTD pull a fast one as well.

First the Republican, John Kyl was asked what the holdup was. While he was talking John Kerry sat next to him for 15 mins and didn't say a word. Then after the commercial break Kyl was gone and Kerry commenced with the finger-pointing. What was strange was that Kyl was gone so Kerry was free to give his response without interruption. In a court of law that would be called tainting the witness, or in other words Cheating.

Of course Kerry had the advantage because he was able to listen to Kyl's testimony before responding. He called everything Kyl said a lie. This from the guy that during his Presidential run would often tell one crowd one thing then totally reverse himself with the next crowd. He was so prone to flip-flopping that it was the number one attack leveled against him and eventually brought him down.

The Democrats on the committee claim that Grover Norquist is at fault here. He has this very public no tax increase pledge they keep telling everyone about. Problem is the Democrats also have a pledge they want to keep secret. The pledge to keep spending they've given to their special interests.

Kerry mentioned the Bush tax cuts as being a major barrier. WTF??? I thought they only wanted to raise taxes on the rich, not everyone!!! So the real problem here is Democrats want to raise all of our taxes but they only talk about raising them on the rich.

I hate to say I told you so people, but I told you so.

The main problem here is Obama refuses to be engaged in the process, so there's zero leadership coming from the White House, and you have one party that wants spending cuts and the other that simply wants to keep spending more. So who is the bad guy?

Sadly, the party of spending cuts. Everyone knows we spend too much but nobody wants to have their piece of the pie taken away.

The Dems are trying to hold out for tax increases. They don't care if the whole thing blows up in their faces because their state run media won't allow them to take the blame. The GOP simply wants to fix the problem, which is overspending by Washington. The National Debt just went over $15 trillion and no cuts have been made.

So taking this into account, do you think we should give the Democrats their tax increases, increases that will hit all of us mind you, and take their word that they will cut spending later?

Well, this has happened before in 82' and the cuts never happened but the increases did and the Democrats used those increases to attack Reagan as a big spender.

So why should we trust them again???

You're caught in a lie mudwhistle.

I tape and watch that Sunday show.

Kyle was in-studio with Gregory.

Kerry was on-site outside of Congress.

Why lie? Why. Lie?

This was just meant to make it look like the Republicans are standing in the way.

That's his plan. Make it look like he's the only reasonable person in Washington.

And of course he blamed the whole thing on the Republicans, as predicted, then left without answering a question. Sounded like he had the speech written months ago.

Worthless piece of shit.

If you're so wise to know the plan, certainly the Republican reps should be even wiser.

Why then would they not just walk but leap and run right into that "trap" set by Obama so readily then?

Could it be because Obama didn't make them do JackShat? THEY are the ones making themselves look useless, worthless and intransigent.

Personal responsibility RWers, personal responsibility.

super-committee.jpg

Yesterday on "Meet The Depressed" I saw exactly why the isn't going to work. I also saw MTD pull a fast one as well.

First the Republican, John Kyl was asked what the holdup was. While he was talking John Kerry sat next to him for 15 mins and didn't say a word. Then after the commercial break Kyl was gone and Kerry commenced with the finger-pointing. What was strange was that Kyl was gone so Kerry was free to give his response without interruption. In a court of law that would be called tainting the witness, or in other words Cheating.

Of course Kerry had the advantage because he was able to listen to Kyl's testimony before responding. He called everything Kyl said a lie. This from the guy that during his Presidential run would often tell one crowd one thing then totally reverse himself with the next crowd. He was so prone to flip-flopping that it was the number one attack leveled against him and eventually brought him down.

The Democrats on the committee claim that Grover Norquist is at fault here. He has this very public no tax increase pledge they keep telling everyone about. Problem is the Democrats also have a pledge they want to keep secret. The pledge to keep spending they've given to their special interests.

Kerry mentioned the Bush tax cuts as being a major barrier. WTF??? I thought they only wanted to raise taxes on the rich, not everyone!!! So the real problem here is Democrats want to raise all of our taxes but they only talk about raising them on the rich.

I hate to say I told you so people, but I told you so.

The main problem here is Obama refuses to be engaged in the process, so there's zero leadership coming from the White House, and you have one party that wants spending cuts and the other that simply wants to keep spending more. So who is the bad guy?

Sadly, the party of spending cuts. Everyone knows we spend too much but nobody wants to have their piece of the pie taken away.

The Dems are trying to hold out for tax increases. They don't care if the whole thing blows up in their faces because their state run media won't allow them to take the blame. The GOP simply wants to fix the problem, which is overspending by Washington. The National Debt just went over $15 trillion and no cuts have been made.

So taking this into account, do you think we should give the Democrats their tax increases, increases that will hit all of us mind you, and take their word that they will cut spending later?

Well, this has happened before in 82' and the cuts never happened but the increases did and the Democrats used those increases to attack Reagan as a big spender.

So why should we trust them again???

You're caught in a lie mudwhistle.

I tape and watch that Sunday show.

Kyle was in-studio with Gregory.

Kerry was on-site outside of Congress.

Why lie? Why. Lie?

Sorry....I didn't see that. Kerry was in the studio.

First Kyl was allowed to talk then Kerry.

You must be mistaken.....cuz I saw it live. You only saw it on tape.

Last edited:
The Reps could probably get 4:1, cuts vs revenue. Failure seems to be on their head, if they can't bring themselves to believe what any competent economists knows, we can't do it by cuts alone.

The cuts will never happen because one Congress can't bind a later Congress. However, the tax increases will be immediate.

This is an old game the Republicans have fallen for numerous times in the past. It's good to see they are finally wising up.

Worthless piece of shit.

If you're so wise to know the plan, certainly the Republican reps should be even wiser.

Why then would they not just walk but leap and run right into that "trap" set by Obama so readily then?

Could it be because Obama didn't make them do JackShat? THEY are the ones making themselves look useless, worthless and intransigent.

Personal responsibility RWers, personal responsibility.

Obama needs to learn it.

He never takes responsibility when something goes wrong. It's always "Bush did it" or "The Republicans won't work with me", when in fact he's been bad-mouthing them and lying about them since day-one.

Obama doesn't act like he gives a fuck that we're at this stalemate.

What happened to his promise "If I can't get the economy fixed in 2 years I don't deserve another 4".........:eusa_whistle:

Last edited:
No..they won't. Many republicans are ALREADY saying they will oppose the trigger.

So much for keeping your word.

Obama has already stated he will veto any attempt to overide the trigger. So he just gave the taxpayers another reason to vote him out.

He has a seat. In the form of a pledge signed by Republicans.

It's a pledge that trumps the constitution.

So the congressmen who signed the pledge will be arrested if they vote for a tax increase?

If every "rich" person were taxed 100% of their income what would that do for the National Debt?? Not even make a fucking dent.. All of the HATE RICH people rhetoric is nothing more than Marxist propaganda which no one is buying.. Liberals are gone come 2012.. Good riddance.

First of all statements like this one are a dead-ringer for someone who doesn't understand even the most rudimentary basics of finance.

However, if 'Rich' (let's say top 10%) really 'Had' their 'Money,' and we confiscated it, it would pay off the debt about 2 times over.

The Republicans had their chance to prove to us how fiscally conscious they were during the debt ceiling debate. They could have held firm and not voted to increase it and that would have proven their commitment to what they promised. Instead they made that lame ass deal which resulted in a whopping $39 billion reduction in growth, not actual spending cuts, in exchange for this useless Super Committee to come up with bigger cuts and if that failed, which it has, allow automatic across the board cuts to kick in. Well, guess what. John McLame and Lindsey Graham are now working on repealing the automatic cuts! Federal spending has increased 5% over last year!

I'm not sure why you assume Americans see through this "bullshit propaganda stunt" because you sure as shit didn't see through it last year.

Honest to God, how many times are you people going to allow yourselves to be duped?

Who are the non-duped supposed to vote for, Harry Reid?

If every "rich" person were taxed 100% of their income what would that do for the National Debt?? Not even make a fucking dent.. All of the HATE RICH people rhetoric is nothing more than Marxist propaganda which no one is buying.. Liberals are gone come 2012.. Good riddance.

First of all statements like this one are a dead-ringer for someone who doesn't understand even the most rudimentary basics of finance.

However, if 'Rich' (let's say top 10%) really 'Had' their 'Money,' and we confiscated it, it would pay off the debt about 2 times over.

"millionaires and billionaires" are not the top 10%. They are more like the top 0.1%. Of course, we all know Democrats want to increase taxes on anyone who makes over $75,000. They figure those people are voting Republican anyway.

No..they won't. Many republicans are ALREADY saying they will oppose the trigger.

So much for keeping your word.

Obama has already stated he will veto any attempt to overide the trigger. So he just gave the taxpayers another reason to vote him out.

He can't veto dick if he's out of office.

"millionaires and billionaires" are not the top 10%. They are more like the top 0.1%. Of course, we all know Democrats want to increase taxes on anyone who makes over $75,000. They figure those people are voting Republican anyway.

John Kerry said the sticking-point is the GOP's insistence on keeping the Bush Tax Cuts.....which means everyone is a target now.

I'm not going to split hairs about what constitutes 'Rich.' That's been done to death here.

The point is that apocryphal claims that government debt or spending has exceeded manageable levels are easily defeated. The mathematics of the situation point to the fact that taxes are recklessly low and our trade policies too lackadaisical.

Forum List

Back