Stupid Committee Failing Because Dems Want Tax Increases & A Promise To Cut Spending

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
super-committee.jpg

Yesterday on "Meet The Depressed" I saw exactly why the Super Committee isn't going to work. I also saw MTD pull a fast one as well.

First the Republican, John Kyl was asked what the holdup was. While he was talking John Kerry sat next to him for 15 mins and didn't say a word. Then after the commercial break Kyl was gone and Kerry commenced with the finger-pointing. What was strange was that Kyl was gone so Kerry was free to give his response without interruption. In a court of law that would be called tainting the witness, or in other words Cheating.

Of course Kerry had the advantage because he was able to listen to Kyl's testimony before responding. He called everything Kyl said a lie. This from the guy that during his Presidential run would often tell one crowd one thing then totally reverse himself with the next crowd. He was so prone to flip-flopping that it was the number one attack leveled against him and eventually brought him down.

The Democrats on the committee claim that Grover Norquist is at fault here. He has this very public no tax increase pledge they keep telling everyone about. Problem is the Democrats also have a pledge they want to keep secret. The pledge to keep spending they've given to their special interests.

Kerry mentioned the Bush tax cuts as being a major barrier. WTF??? I thought they only wanted to raise taxes on the rich, not everyone!!! So the real problem here is Democrats want to raise all of our taxes but they only talk about raising them on the rich.

I hate to say I told you so people, but I told you so.

The main problem here is Obama refuses to be engaged in the process, so there's zero leadership coming from the White House, and you have one party that wants spending cuts and the other that simply wants to keep spending more. So who is the bad guy?

Sadly, the party of spending cuts. Everyone knows we spend too much but nobody wants to have their piece of the pie taken away.

The Dems are trying to hold out for tax increases. They don't care if the whole thing blows up in their faces because their state run media won't allow them to take the blame. The GOP simply wants to fix the problem, which is overspending by Washington. The National Debt just went over $15 trillion and no cuts have been made.

So taking this into account, do you think we should give the Democrats their tax increases, increases that will hit all of us mind you, and take their word that they will cut spending later?

Well, this has happened before in 82' and the cuts never happened but the increases did and the Democrats used those increases to attack Reagan as a big spender.

So why should we trust them again???

Last edited:
I viewed the whole concept as yet another "let's hoodwink the American people again." Nothing more. They had no intention of finding a solution. So now both sides will convince their tribe that the 'other guys' are responsible for yet another failure from a bunch of corrupt, self serving bastards.

I won't hold my breath for Americans to wake up and smell the corruption.

I viewed the whole concept as yet another "let's hoodwink the American people again." Nothing more. They had no intention of finding a solution. So now both sides will convince their tribe that the 'other guys' are responsible for yet another failure from a bunch of corrupt, self serving bastards.

Tricking the opposition and tricking the voters seems to be the only thing Democrats are good at these days.

They've been looking for more and more inventive ways of making us love it when they steal from us and in the process, blame the GOP for the theft.

The only solution seems to be to clean out the Democrats in the Senate and the White House. Get rid of Obama and gain a supermajority in the Senate.

No spending cuts will be forthcoming until then.

It so sad that we can't trust anyone in the Democrat party anymore. Only a fool would.

Exactly. Who actually believed the Super Committee would come up with a solution? It's all about electioneering next year, so they can point fingers at each other and use it as campaign fodder.

If the committe goes deadlock, and they actually follow through with automatic cuts?

The military industrial complex isn't going to be very happy.

Personally I doubt that the automatic cuts are actually going to happen.

I think they're find some excuse why they won't do that, even if the committe cannot come to an agreement.

Too many pork barrels would be broken if the auto-cuts go into effect.

Wonder what excuse they'll use when they fail to cut spending?

A war, perhaps?

I'm so tired of hearing, "What have the repubicans done." Since when can one branch of government pass bills???? You idiots.. How many bills has the House put forward under GOP leadership? is the line of defense from the Zombie Squad??? The same idiots who held all three branches and never bothered to pass a budget.. Just spend, spend, spend.. Americans see through this BULLSHIT propaganda stunt.

The Reps could probably get 4:1, cuts vs revenue. Failure seems to be on their head, if they can't bring themselves to believe what any competent economists knows, we can't do it by cuts alone.

If the committe goes deadlock, and they actually follow through with automatic cuts?

The military industrial complex isn't going to be very happy.

Personally I doubt that the automatic cuts are actually going to happen.

I think they're find some excuse why they won't do that, even if the committe cannot come to an agreement.

Too many pork barrels would be broken if the auto-cuts go into effect.

Wonder what excuse they'll use when they fail to cut spending?

A war, perhaps?

Seems some of the R's have already bagan to 'wag the dog' in terms of Iran. I suppose it is easier for some in Congress to send other people's kids into harms way than to risk losing the next election.

Tricking the opposition and tricking the voters seems to be the only thing Democrats are good at these days.

When have the Republicans delivered this year on anything they promised us last year?

Introduced bills to dismantle Obamacare. Bills to ban earmarks. Fought for spending cuts.
A whole bunch of stuff. Why?

Introducing is not delivering.

Bottom line? Let the damned Bush Tax Cuts EXPIRE as Bush had planned when he signed them into law.

Then all they need to do is target spending cuts, including targeted military and entitlements. My son-in-law who serves in the Air Force told me he would get up to an $88,000 bonus if he re-enlists. He wants to leave but they make it nearly impossible to leave with the amount of money they're willing to fork over to keep him there.

If every "rich" person were taxed 100% of their income what would that do for the National Debt?? Not even make a fucking dent.. All of the HATE RICH people rhetoric is nothing more than Marxist propaganda which no one is buying.. Liberals are gone come 2012.. Good riddance.

The Reps could probably get 4:1, cuts vs revenue. Failure seems to be on their head, if they can't bring themselves to believe what any competent economists knows, we can't do it by cuts alone.

Repubs already offered up several hundred billion.

Thanks for playing...........

When have the Republicans delivered this year on anything they promised us last year?

A good deal of what they promised is sitting on Harry Reid's desk. Don't give me that tired shit that the GOP has no ideas or solutions. Tell Harry to bring the bills to a vote in the Senate!

They offered some tax-increases for the rich. Turns out it was a democrat bluff.

The Dems want tax-increases on everyone with only a promise to cut spending over 10 years, which will never happen. The Dems get their tax-increase and the cuts will never materialize.

Last edited:

Several hundred billion what? Does Grover Norquist know?!?! :eek:

Several hundred billion what? Does Grover Norquist know?!?! :eek:

When Norquist gets a seat at the super committee table, let us know...OK?

Forum List

Back