Stupak Retires: TYPICAL Democrat

Funny thing is, these hacks are so blaringly contradictory. How many made excuses for Palin quitting as governor. No criticism, make up bullshit like she quit to save the state money on ethics charges.

There must literally be shit coming out of these people's mouths with all the bullshit they post on this forum.

Lyndon Johnson did the same thing, screwed our kids by committing them to a screwed up Vietnam they created, and then he quit. Nice guy.

Stupak, completely sells America out to the government, insurance, drug, and hospital industries, and then he retires / runs away.

COWARDS! The only way you can explain their elitism, arrogance, corruption, and attack against America.

Stupak is DINO. He lives with bunch neo-nuts in Georgetown.

Funny thing is, these hacks are so blaringly contradictory. How many made excuses for Palin quitting as governor. No criticism, make up bullshit like she quit to save the state money on ethics charges.

There must literally be shit coming out of these people's mouths with all the bullshit they post on this forum.

She did quit because of personal finances that cost her family over 100,000 to defend against frivolous lawsuits, that's a fact. Now she is making an average of $75,000 per speech and laughing all the way to the bank doing it. Palin ROCKS!!!!!!! Are you grinding your liberal teeth yet???????:lol::lol::lol:

I see, so Sarah Palin betrayed her constituency by selling out to the government, insurance, drug and hospital industries like Stupak did. Nice analogy, not.

And you questioned my alignment of Stupak with the monstrous coward Lyndon Johnson?

How about chipping in and contributing an ounce of logic to your babble Doc? or is that too much to ask?

She did quit because of personal finances that cost her family over 100,000 to defend against frivolous lawsuits, that's a fact. Now she is making an average of $75,000 per speech and laughing all the way to the bank doing it. Palin ROCKS!!!!!!! Are you grinding your liberal teeth yet???????:lol::lol::lol:
Exactly...she quit because she's an opportunist.

I bet this Asshole won't be using Obamacare for his medical needs. He will be getting differant insurance coverage through his congressional pension. All these assholes that voted for this horrible program should be force to use this program like I am being forced by law to use. All government employees should also be forced into this program. Everyone not in favor of Obamacare should write your representatives & request this and ask them why they exempted themselves families and staff from this program

Oh she is one of those EVILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL Profit makers.LOLOLOLOL What government dole are you on???? What's going to happen to you when everyone has jumped on the GOVERNMENT gravy train WAGON and there is no one left to pull that wagon? Ever think of that???? Probably not, too much for that liberal la, la land brain of yours to comprehend. :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Oh she is one of those EVILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL Profit makers.LOLOLOLOL What government dole are you on???? What's going to happen to you when everyone has jumped on the GOVERNMENT gravy train WAGON and there is no one left to pull that wagon? Ever think of that???? Probably not, too much for that liberal la, la land brain of yours to comprehend. :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:
They don't care because they believe that the gravy train won't run out until they are dead. They care not about anyone else except themselves.

I have written to several of the congressional and senate members, and even the president. I still have gotten no responses from any of them.

When November gets here we will see how big of cowards they are,

I have written to several of the congressional and senate members, and even the president. I still have gotten no responses from any of them.

When November gets here we will see how big of cowards they are,
I got an answer...LOL :::::

Dear Mrs. XXXXX
Thank you for contacting my office regarding health care reform. I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with me. I value your views on the important issues facing our Commonwealth and the Nation.
Health care is intensely personal, and touches every American. I agree that we need health care reform that reduces costs, increases access to coverage and services and ensures portability of coverage. I believe that those in Washington should not mandate that you purchase health insurance, interfere with your relationship and confidentiality with your doctor, limit your right to seek better care, or raise your taxes.
I think you will be pleased to know that I voted against the Senate version of the health care reform bill (H.R. 3590) and the "fix" for the Senate version, the Reconciliation Act of 2010 (H.R. 4872). Like you, I am concerned about rising health care costs and the increasing number of Americans who do not have health insurance, have trouble keeping it, or are unable to find affordable health care. However, I believe that this legislation does not ultimately lower the cost or increase access. I think we owe it to the American people to get it right when it comes to reforming something that affects every single American and encompasses nearly 1/5 of our economy.
Despite clear opposition to this legislation by a majority of Americans and bipartisan opposition, the House of Representatives passed H.R. 3590 and H.R. 4872 by a vote of 219-212 and 220-207, respectively. President Obama signed these bills into law on March 23, 2010 and March 30, 2010.
I will continue to work with my colleagues to replace the parts of this law that do not reduce costs and add burdensome mandates on small businesses and individuals with provisions that will reduce cost and improve access, portability, and affordability.
Since my election to Congress, I've made it a priority to hear from constituents across the First District to understand their views on health care reform. That's why I created a Health Advisory Council with over 150 representatives from all aspects of the health care field. This group has been meeting over the past year and has provided feedback and recommendations on the nature of the reforms under consideration. I worked with this group to develop a set of thirteen principles for health care reform which I have used to measure all of the reform proposals before Congress. At the request of the Health Advisory Council, I sent these principles and other commentary from the Council meetings to President Obama to ensure that the views of the First District were heard in the debate.
Since last summer, I've held more than five live town hall meetings at locations across the district and have held numerous tele-town hall conference calls with thousands of constituents. I have also toured health care facilities, met with health care providers, visited with patient advocates, talked to medical students, and met with small business owners to discuss the future of health care. I have also received thousands of calls, emails, faxes and letters from constituents. The overwhelming majority of the feedback I've received has been in opposition to the health care reform bill.
The cost of this legislation is truly troubling. According to the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office (CBO), H.R. 3590 and H.R. 4872 would cost $940 billion over 10 years. This excludes other mandatory and discretionary health and education spending required to carry out the programs in the bill ($114 billion) and the "fix" for the Medicare physician reimbursement formula ($208 billion). When these are included, the cost of this health care reform package increases to $1.2 trillion. The bill would also cut $520 billion from Medicare, an action which Doug Elmendorf, Director of the CBO, said could 'reduce access to care or diminish the quality of care'.
The federal deficit is already expected to exceed $700 billion every year over the next decade, in the process doubling the national debt to over $20 trillion. By 2020, the annual national debt is projected to be $1.2 trillion, of which $900 billion alone is interest on the prior debt.
Finally, the reconciliation uses seven years of tax increases to pay for six years of benefits. The most costly spending provisions, subsidies for individuals and families to buy health insurance and the Medicaid expansion, would each take effect in 2014. Only two percent of the spending in the bill would take place in the first four years of implementation.
According to the CBO, this legislation would impose $52 billion in tax penalties on businesses. The legislation would impose an employer mandate requiring businesses to offer an 'acceptable' level of health insurance coverage or pay up to $2,000 per full-time employee. The taxes this legislation imposes on small businesses will stifle investment and cause millions of employers find ways to boost productivity without having to hire or keep full time workers on the payroll.
Additionally, the bill raises taxes on unearned income which includes dividends, interest, passive business income and capital gains. For example, the top income tax rates on capital gains and dividends alone would increase to 23.8%. Economists across the spectrum agree that raising taxes in a recession will have detrimental effects on any sort of recovery.
The legislation would also require individuals to obtain 'acceptable' health insurance coverage, as defined by the Secretary of Health and Human Services (HHS), or pay an annual 2.5 percent tax penalty. This legislation would also establish an excise tax on 'high-value' or 'Cadillac' health insurance plans. The threshold for 'excess premium' would be $10,200 for individual plans and $27,500 for family coverage. This tax would be imposed regardless of the purchaser's income. The legislation also imposes a .9% increase in Medicare payroll taxes for individuals with incomes over $200,000 and families over $250,000, raising $86.8 billion over 10 years. This tax is not indexed for inflation.
Furthermore, I am deeply concerned that this legislation does not specifically recognize all of the health care plans currently offered to servicemembers, veterans and their dependents as "acceptable coverage" or "minimum essential coverage" as required by the mandate that every individual have insurance coverage. Any health care reform legislation must explicitly protect TRICARE and all other Defense or Veterans Department health plans by including them in the definition of "acceptable" or "minimum essential coverage". Now is not the time to change either the terms under which our service members defend our country or the means by which we continue to care for those that have served. I cannot support legislation that does not uphold this Nation's commitment to our men and women in uniform, our veterans and their families. This oversight in the bill was large enough to draw the concern of the Chairman of the House Armed Services Committee, who introduced a bill in an attempt to fix the language prior to House consideration of the final health care reform bill.
Finally, the legislation would expand Medicaid eligibility to all individuals with incomes under 133% of the federal poverty level (FPL), however, this expansion would only be fully paid for by the federal government through 2016, leaving it as an unfunded mandate for the states in subsequent years. It also includes $14 billion in Medicaid cuts to Disproportionate Share Hospitals, which will hit children's hospitals like Children's Hospital of the Kings' Daughters particularly hard. Furthermore, the legislation increases payments to primary care practitioners in Medicaid for two years (2013-2014) but the funding hits a cliff in 2015 which would reduce payments by 50% if not restored.
I remain committed to working with my colleagues in Congress to protect and strengthen your current health care benefits, protect you from increased health care costs, ensure that you can keep the coverage you currently have if you like it, prevent the government from raising your taxes or placing new mandates on you or your employer, allow your children to stay on your health insurance plan until they are age 26, prevent insurance companies from declining coverage due to pre-existing conditions, and keep the government from interfering in your medical decisions. I support a consumer-driven system in which key decisions are made by you, your family and your physician. Furthermore, I will continue to work to reform the cost, delivery and access to health care so that high quality, affordable care is available for all Americans.
To that end, I voted in favor of the Republican substitute amendment to the House version of the health care bill (H.R. 3962), a health care reform proposal that would lower the cost of health care premiums, increase access to affordable, high-quality care, and promote healthier lifestyles without adding to the national debt. This alternative health care proposal focused on creating Universal Access Programs that expand and reform high-risk pools and reinsurance programs to guarantee that all Americans, regardless of pre-existing conditions or past illnesses, have access to affordable care. It would have also prohibited an insurer from cancelling a policy unless a person commits fraud or conceals material facts about a health condition and would prohibit annual or lifetime spending limits.
Additionally, the substitute would have allowed individuals to purchase insurance across state lines, created Associated Health Plans (AHPs) to allow small businesses to pool together to gain greater market power and offer health care at lower prices, enhanced and expanded health savings accounts (HSAs) and promoted prevention and wellness programs by allowing insurers to vary premiums costs based on participation in a wellness program. The amendment would also have provided new incentive payments to states that are able to reduce premiums and the number of uninsured. Moreover, this substitute would have enacted medical liability reforms by limiting noneconomic damages. The CBO noted that the Republican substitute amendment would have cost $61 billion, yet reduced the deficit by $68 billion over the ten year budget window.
You may also be interested to know that I am a cosponsor of a resolution expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that a mandate imposed by the Federal Government requiring individuals to purchase health insurance is unconstitutional.
Congress needs to work together to transform our health care system in a way lowers the overall cost of buying health insurance and delivering health care services so that Americans can lead longer, healthier lives. We cannot accept a solution that could bankrupt this country while neglecting the unique health needs of individuals, families, and seniors and burdening small businesses. I will continue to fight to advance common-sense solutions to transform health care.
Thank you again for sharing your views and opinions with me. I am committed to serving you to the best of my abilities. If I can ever be of assistance to you or your family, please do not hesitate to call me at (202) 225-4261 or contact me online at: www.wittman.house.gov.

Sincerely,
rjwsignature.jpg

Robert J. Wittman
Member of Congress

So.......lemmie get this straight......

When a Democrat retires, it's because he's a coward.

Why are there more Republicans retiring than Democrats then?

I don't think he's a coward...I think he's smart. He's getting out because he knows he won't be re-elected.

What I don't understand is if his main goal was to help get health care passed, why did he put up such a fight and hold out with his pre-determined YES vote?

Not a coward...just a snake.

If all that stuff is correct about him good riddance to bad rubbish and too bad he did not do it sooner.

He likely has a cushy "consulting" job lined up in the healthcare industry and we will likely be paying for his healthcare.
Sllimey bastich.

I bet this Asshole won't be using Obamacare for his medical needs. He will be getting differant insurance coverage through his congressional pension. All these assholes that voted for this horrible program should be force to use this program like I am being forced by law to use. All government employees should also be forced into this program. Everyone not in favor of Obamacare should write your representatives & request this and ask them why they exempted themselves families and staff from this program

What, exactly, do you think "ObamaCare" is?

Did you read the bill? If you did, you'd know that there's no government plan - no free insurance, no "public option" in it. Stupak wouldn't be affected by "Obamacare" since he has insurance already, through Congress.

All the healthcare plan did was mandate coverage by 2014, and make it harder for insurance companies to refuse coverage. There's nothing for Congress to be "exempt" from.

Your talking points are old.

So.......lemmie get this straight......

When a Democrat retires, it's because he's a coward.

Why are there more Republicans retiring than Democrats then?

I don't think he's a coward...I think he's smart. He's getting out because he knows he won't be re-elected.

What I don't understand is if his main goal was to help get health care passed, why did he put up such a fight and hold out with his pre-determined YES vote?

Not a coward...just a snake.

Politics is about power. He held his vote to gain political capital.

Just like every other politician in the world.

Nobody is forcing you to login here and post... Seriously, noibody here complains more about the forum than you...

Just fuck off Mr Gregg... You'll be happier and I know many of us here wouldn't have to wade through your whining shit...

Nobody is forcing you to login here and post... Seriously, noibody here complains more about the forum than you...

Just fuck off Mr Gregg... You'll be happier and I know many of us here wouldn't have to wade through your whining shit...
He was complaining about it before he even had 10 posts here! :lol:

He was complaining about it before he even had 10 posts here! :lol:

I know - and hasn't stopped...

Someone should tell him there's no "rather than leave I'll just whine about the forum constantly" award...

Forum List

Back