Stupak: "Legitimate" For BP Escrow Account To Fund Health Care

I'm not feeling the love.

Why exactly are conservatives desperately trying to make gulf coast residents pay for this disaster caused by BP, a foreign company?

I'm wondering if the middle class is finally understanding which party is on their side?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-f...-conservative-exceptionalism.html#post2425152

The middle class should get a pretty good clue on this as their tax cuts expire, their employers cut their health care and the price of gas rises to $5.00 per gallon.

I have no problem at all with BP paying for the damages related to the oil spill. It's the process. There was no negotiation in the sense of real negotiations. It was the Godfather style negotiation technique. "When I leave this room, your signature or your brains will be on this contract." That is technically a negotiation, but factually, not at all.

That was the negotiation technique of the Administration.

If, on the other hand, this is a negotiation in the truest sense of the word, what was given up to BP? No word on that.

If one team in the negotiation has a gun on the table and the other is allowed only to agree, that is not a negotiation. It is something else.

If you endorse this use of authority for one, you endorse it for all. What will be your attitude when they come to your table?

In other words, hurray for Exxon and the stalling technique that kept it from having to pay the real damages it inflicted on the people of Alaska.

Your true colors are showing loud and clear. Defend the indefensible, as long as it is a major corperation. And the hell with the people of America.

Is there ANY DOUBT whose actions (or inactions) cause this disaster?

No?

Well then, can there be any doubt who must pay for the cleanup and economic damages?

We're going to negotiate with BP about how much they must pay?

Why?

Exactly. There is no need to negotiate. They will pay the totallity, and if it requires to totallity of the assets of that company, so be it.

And that is the neccessary precedent for all corperations.

Without taking each point by point, denying the intent of what is happening and placing trust in those who hope to strip away your freedoms and your wealth are not prudent paths to liberty.

You are a partisan devotee and may have a serious crush on the Big 0. A restraining order may be in your future. That point about the cops arresting a guy for ttrespassing in his own home is just wrong. If that is how you understand that incident, you are willfully ignoring the the actual facts as reported in all media outlets.

Willful ignorance is a required trait for your belief system.

There are none so blind...

See this is the kind of thing I'm talking about. Do you know how blind, clueless, batshit insane you sound when you make posts like that?

THERE IS NO CONSPIRACY TO STRIP AWAY YOUR FREEDOMS AND WEALTH!

THEY ARE LYING TO YOU!

ARRESTING A GUY FOR TRESPASSING IN HIS OWN HOUSE IS ABOUT AS STUPID AS IT GETS! Although I know a lot of tough-guy PO-lice think anyone questioning their absolute authority and superiority over regular civilians, doing so is actually not a crime.

Come on, man, how can I even address a post like that, other than to say you're being led around by the bull ring, and the guys doing it are lying to you!

I'm not feeling the love.

Why exactly are conservatives desperately trying to make gulf coast residents pay for this disaster caused by BP, a foreign company?

I'm wondering if the middle class is finally understanding which party is on their side?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-f...-conservative-exceptionalism.html#post2425152

The middle class should get a pretty good clue on this as their tax cuts expire, their employers cut their health care and the price of gas rises to $5.00 per gallon.

I have no problem at all with BP paying for the damages related to the oil spill. It's the process. There was no negotiation in the sense of real negotiations. It was the Godfather style negotiation technique. "When I leave this room, your signature or your brains will be on this contract." That is technically a negotiation, but factually, not at all.

If, on the other hand, this is a negotiation in the truest sense of the word, what was given up to BP? No word on that.

If one team in the negotiation has a gun on the table and the other is allowed only to agree, that is not a negotiation. It is something else.

If you endorse this use of authority for one, you endorse it for all. What will be your attitude when they come to your table?

In other words, hurray for Exxon and the stalling technique that kept it from having to pay the real damages it inflicted on the people of Alaska.

Your true colors are showing loud and clear. Defend the indefensible, as long as it is a major corperation. And the hell with the people of America.

For your ease of comprehension, I've emphasised the salient portion of my post which you seem to have missed.

Is there ANY DOUBT whose actions (or inactions) cause this disaster?

No?

Well then, can there be any doubt who must pay for the cleanup and economic damages?

We're going to negotiate with BP about how much they must pay?

Why?

One of the bragging points of this Republic used to be that we were a nation of laws. The Constitution, not the caprice of one man or of a group, should dictate the conduct of legal affairs.

Perhaps this is just the quaint vestige of a bygone era before the enlightened rule by the elite.

Without taking each point by point, denying the intent of what is happening and placing trust in those who hope to strip away your freedoms and your wealth are not prudent paths to liberty.

You are a partisan devotee and may have a serious crush on the Big 0. A restraining order may be in your future. That point about the cops arresting a guy for ttrespassing in his own home is just wrong. If that is how you understand that incident, you are willfully ignoring the the actual facts as reported in all media outlets.

Willful ignorance is a required trait for your belief system.

There are none so blind...

See this is the kind of thing I'm talking about. Do you know how blind, clueless, batshit insane you sound when you make posts like that?

THERE IS NO CONSPIRACY TO STRIP AWAY YOUR FREEDOMS AND WEALTH!

THEY ARE LYING TO YOU!

ARRESTING A GUY FOR TRESPASSING IN HIS OWN HOUSE IS ABOUT AS STUPID AS IT GETS! Although I know a lot of tough-guy PO-lice think anyone questioning their absolute authority and superiority over regular civilians, doing so is actually not a crime.

Come on, man, how can I even address a post like that, other than to say you're being led around by the bull ring, and the guys doing it are lying to you!

If that was the reason he was arrested, i would agree with you. It was not the reason. You are not familiar with the case.

I believe until told other wise it is the intention of the Obama administration to use the windfall from the BP disaster to fund their Health Care Bill.Typical liberal government bull **** they get their hands on money and of course it's somebody elses money and they can't wait to spend it.
We cannot help it if you are both stupid and hysterical.

Sounds like yet another excellent platform for the GOP to run on.

For your ease of comprehension, I've emphasised the salient portion of my post which you seem to have missed.

He missed nothing. You are opting for the Exxon Valdez negotiations where the miscreant walks away paying pennies on the dollar to those fortunate to live long enough to collect.

We know damned well now who you are shilling for. Our President succeeded in getting BP to put money right up front for those Americans who are suffering economic damage from the criminal negligence of BP. And you are chastising him for that. OK. Make that part of what the Conservatives are running on November.

because we the people are already on the hook to provide health care for those who cannot afford it. that's called double dipping.. asswipe.

Shouldn't we be glad to have BP on the hook instead of sinking we the people over it???

BP is supposed to pay the people of the Gulf coast for their lost wages, their lost business, the clean up.. we the people already cover health care for all ameircans or did you miss that shyster vote in the Senate. the libturds are going to demonize and browbeat BP right into declaring bankruptcy then we the people will pick up the entire tab.

We the people do not cover healthcare for everyone if we can possibly avoid it.

If BP costs people their health care benefits, they should pay for them. By the same token, if they forced people to use government benefits, due to putting them out of work, they should pay the taxpayers for the cost to them.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back