Stump the Bonz

Here's a tough one. :D

I have seen many cranes. I saw one at a local school around a month ago while walking my dog.

Why do people never see a crane topple over?

The bird or the machine? :)

The bird silly.

Do I get a point yet? :laugh:

Maybe, I will get two points.

Which birds live in Copley Woods?

Intruders: The Incredible Visitations at Copley Woods

Sure, I don't know much about birds ...
I would assume the Crane doesn't topple over because of their claws, or, maybe their leg bones are like steel and their upper body bones are like bamboo!

Why does the porridge bird lay his egg in the air?

I cheated... found on Yahoo! Answers:

Best Answer: It is a common misconception that the porridge-bird (fictius custardius) lays it's eggs in the air. Certainly, each spring, great flocks of porridge-birds swarm the countryside, raining down porridge, custard and (in extreme cases) yoghurt on unsuspecting passers by. Understandably, this has given rise to the idea that porridge-birds lay their eggs in mid-flight, which then hatch and cover the surrounding area in the aforementioned mess. The fact of the matter is, however, that the porridge-bird lays its eggs in small nests, built in the very tops of elm and oak trees. There, the young porridge-birds hatch from their eggs. The parents then scour the countryside, looking for porridge- and custard trees. (yes, porridge grows on trees. Yoghurt, however, lives underwater) Once such a tree is spotted, the porridge-bird swoops down, and attempts to catch one of the many feral custards that live on the tree. Due to the nature and consistency of porridge much of the creature will fall from the porridge-birds' clutches before the bird can reach it's nest. This is why -even though porridge-birds do not really lay eggs in the air- it is advisable to take an umbrella along when you enter porridge-bird territory.

:clap2: That's impressive.

:bow2:

Best Answer: It is a common misconception that the porridge-bird (fictius custardius) lays it's eggs in the air. Certainly, each spring, great flocks of porridge-birds swarm the countryside, raining down porridge, custard and (in extreme cases) yoghurt on unsuspecting passers by. Understandably, this has given rise to the idea that porridge-birds lay their eggs in mid-flight, which then hatch and cover the surrounding area in the aforementioned mess. The fact of the matter is, however, that the porridge-bird lays its eggs in small nests, built in the very tops of elm and oak trees. There, the young porridge-birds hatch from their eggs. The parents then scour the countryside, looking for porridge- and custard trees. (yes, porridge grows on trees. Yoghurt, however, lives underwater) Once such a tree is spotted, the porridge-bird swoops down, and attempts to catch one of the many feral custards that live on the tree. Due to the nature and consistency of porridge much of the creature will fall from the porridge-birds' clutches before the bird can reach it's nest. This is why -even though porridge-birds do not really lay eggs in the air- it is advisable to take an umbrella along when you enter porridge-bird territory.

My internet research skills are well above par LOL! :)

I guess that would be BELOW par????? if used as a golfing reference der!!!!!

other than something impossible like solving Pi, try to stump me with a question or internet search request.

Each person that stumps me will get a point.
other than something impossible like solving Pi, try to stump me with a question or internet search request.

Each person that stumps me will get a point.

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?

Let's play miniature golf now. :D

Let's play miniature golf now. :D
FORE!

I actually broke a putter playing miniature golf....
I don't like to lose.... :oops:

New Topics

Forum List

Back