Stump Dumb EnviroWhackos Blamed for AZ Wildfires

Discussion in 'Environment' started by teapartysamurai, Jun 10, 2011.

1. teapartysamurai

teapartysamurai Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,872

Read more: Environmentalists Blamed for AZ Wildfires - Arizona Wildfire - Fox Nation

Remember Bush tried to do something about this? Letting people cut down the dry brush that causes fires?

Well, guess what dumbasses stopped that?

It's just common sense. Dry brush, especially underbrush is sooner or later going to catch fire.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. flacaltenn

flacaltenn USMB Mod Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,402
    Let's see. We're graduating a lot of "Forest Management" majors. What good are they if the eco-left believes that MANAGEMENT is the same thing as neglect.

Also the debate over management tactics only really applies to BLM/Forestry held lands. Because the Indians know better. Private forestry companies know better. The Nature Conservancy knows better. But apparently this is another example of science and politics becoming a combustible mixture..

Last edited: Jun 10, 2011
  3. Old Rocks

Old Rocks Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,328
    What a bunch of dumb fucks! Give the Forest Service the money to thin and manage the forests, and they will. Right now, they are spending most of their money just trying to keep the fires confined to areas that are not inhabited.

What you fellow are pimping for are the companies that would clearcut the whole works.

4. Dont Taz Me Bro

Dont Taz Me Bro USMB Mod Staff Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,534
    Why should a broke nation with a $14 trillion debt subsidize something the private sector can do at no cost to the taxpayers?

Wouldn't they put themselves out of business if they did that? Sounds counterintuitive.

5. HUGGY

HUGGY I Post Because I Care Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,285
    Who exactly was going to clear 500 sq miles of brush?

You are an idiot.

Thanks for playing.

6. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    How much will private industry pay for brush?

7. flacaltenn

flacaltenn USMB Mod Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,402
    USCitizen:

Just call it biomass instead.. NOW -- it's valuable. If you can burn corn and garbage for "alternatives" , why not brush?

Who am I shilling for Old Rocks? I'm shilling for Bambi and Thumper and the gang.

Huggy:
    You clear it with controlled burns several sq miles at time. On days when that is relatively safe. Or you allow citizens to come in and PAY FOR the rights to take downed and diseased timber on public land.. A policy that just drives the eco-nuts wild. You clear it by allowing natural fires to take theiir course and lay off the extraordinary measures to extinguish natural fires.

Let the "idiots" with the degrees in forest management decide. NOT the NYC primadonnas who want the forests neglected and "pristine".

The forests on Indian land, the forests in Nature Conservancy hands, the forests in Private logging hands, don't have these "accidents". THey have consistent, politically neutral POLICIES that work..

Ask Bambi and Thumper whether they prefer to be managed by the Nature Conservancy or the BLM..

Last edited: Jun 11, 2011
  8. RWatt

RWatt Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14
    fire

Last edited: Jun 11, 2011
  9. HUGGY

HUGGY I Post Because I Care Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,285
    You don't need to tell me about how a forest should be managed. My dads brother, my uncle was the head forester for the State of Washington back in the 60's and 70's. We have one of the best managed State forests in the whole country. We allow logging companies to go in and thin the forests and in doing so they cut much needed access roads into remote areas, remove much of the unwanted undergrowth, and the timber sales goes to help pay for our public schools. The advantage a place like Washington has is there is enough harvest able timber to make it economically viable for a private company to pay the state and still make a good profit.

10. Toronado3800

Toronado3800 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +355
    Ok......so a natural fire is burning which will clear out the dead brush and you want smaller fires to burn more often to clear out the brush....

Sounds like a fine hair of policy.

Can we have a few small fires mixed with a bit of responsible logging?

I will have to do some reading to come up with suggested fire sizes.