Stuff I Wrote Before The Apathy That Is G.W. Douche

Because I posted some shit I wrote, I'm "claiming to be a poet"?

I was only sharing some of my stuff, get over it.

You get over yourself...
Don't post shit unless you have the thick skin to take criticism...
You must of come over from another board who just ran along with the hive, gave you high fives, and said how wonderful you were and your writing was Beautiful because it put down your President....

Welcome to the Big World..:eusa_dance:

I've been through enough trials in life to know when and what to say and how to say it, what's your excuse?

I don't jump boards. This is the only one I go to concerning politics. I don't need validation from faceless people on a computer. I simply posted a well thought out work I made. Why this assumption that I just got out of high school?

Before what?

Oh sorry, I thought there was a comma between "before" and "swine" :D

Yeah, I removed the original message and replaced it with that. It was fitting. It's so obvious to me when people are simply trying to bate and taunt you. To be honest, it kind of turns me off this place.

Yeah, I removed the original message and replaced it with that. It was fitting. It's so obvious to me when people are simply trying to bate and taunt you. To be honest, it kind of turns me off this place.

Oh, you had something there that you had to edit? That's a bit rough, you should post it again, give others a chance to read it and perhaps comment.

Don't worry about getting a belting here, it happens now and again, best thing is not to let it get to you and stay on topic. I find it easy now just to slide on past all the bullshit and focus on the interesting stuff - and there's lots of interesting stuff.

Wouldn't matter if you were Maya Angelou. Steffie would hate it anyway. She gets cranky when people don't bow at Bush's alter. Thinks they're traitorous... but I figure that's her problem, not yours.

Shouldn't turn you off the board, though. And you're in good company. She doesn't much care for Springsteen either. :eusa_angel:

There was a transvestite on Current tv today, who was a 'book' in a library in Sweden, interesting concept. He/she said, 'be yourself everyone else is taken' thought that neat, so put your writing back, if we critique it, so what.

I reposted the original text folks.

I just want you all to know that I'm not that sensitive that I would recant my posts if/because someone doesn't agree them. In this case though, I felt like I was a grown ass man in the hallways of high school. god knows in real life they'd never even think of talking to me that way. So I wasn't about to let some morons shit on my work and me just sit on the other side of a computer screen powerless.

I appreciate the support you've shown.

Thank You.

Do you think couplets are a bit restrictive? I can understand the intent, especially in the first one, but I get the feeling you were under some self-imposed restriction. I don't know much about poetry and its form and construction but I think it's meant to convey ideas, emotion, feelings and so on, abstract things, that can be also invoked in the reader.

So, I wonder if the form actually inhibited you.

Have you read T.S. Eliot The Waste Land? When I read it I find it creates images in my mind and the structure isn't apparent.

My intent wasn't to format it in a formal poetic fashion. It was just me flowing on a pad. It is what it is. I write in my way. Lyricist don't get criticized for the structure of their delivery.

At least you took the time to read it though.:D

Writing, someone said, is 90% perspiration and 10% inspiration, or something like that (I probably have the numbers wrong and it's the wrong way around), but it conveys the point.

Jack Kerouac, don't know if you've read him, had a form of writing he called "stream of consciousness". In some of his books he writes about how he writes. But according to latest information he used to work through many edits to get that effect. Another cherished myth gone up in cannabis smoke :eusa_doh:

And "Howl" by Ginsberg:

I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving hysterical naked,
dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn looking for an angry fix,
angelheaded hipsters burning for the ancient heavenly connection to the starry dynamo in the machinery of night,

It's good to exchange views on writing. I know there are thousands of writing forums on the net but the few I've visited seem to take it all so very seriously.

Anyway, you're right, if you're happy with a piece then it's good. But if you write professionally and get an editor be prepared to, as they say, "kill the children" in penultimate edit.

A classic. I really enjoyed Dharma Bums as well, read it many years ago. Desolation Angels ("the woods are full of wardens") and Lonesome Traveller were also great reads.

But for the clearest prose I've ever read, it's to Orwell I go.

Wouldn't matter if you were Maya Angelou. Steffie would hate it anyway. She gets cranky when people don't bow at Bush's alter. Thinks they're traitorous... but I figure that's her problem, not yours.

Shouldn't turn you off the board, though. And you're in good company. She doesn't much care for Springsteen either. :eusa_angel:

The thing that turned me off on the poet wasn't that he put down President Bush, I could care less about that, it's was calling someone a douche..Or calling anyone names..That just gets my dander up...And then he post that stupid poster making fun of handicapped people...
You can say and think it was about President Bush, but you would be like the other poster who pretended to know what I think, and am talking about...So you can refrain from that also..
Hey, if he had called YOU a douche, I'd come after him for it ...
I could care less what he writes, if he thinks it's poetry, OK..

Now go back to stewing about that Springsteen thread...:badgrin:

And then he post that stupid poster making fun of handicapped people...

umm, no. I wasn't picking on handicapped people. I was picking on you. If you've ever had friends who are handicapped you'd know they pick on themselves more than anything.

I suppose being as sensitive to name calling as you are what would you call Hitler....a misunderstood individual?

Please. George Bush is the BIGGEST piece of shit on American soil. My hate for him is unequaled.

"If there is a Hell, you'll see him there"

umm, no. I wasn't picking on handicapped people. I was picking on you. If you've ever had friends who are handicapped you'd know they pick on themselves more than anything.

I suppose being as sensitive to name calling as you are what would you call Hitler....a misunderstood individual?

Please. George Bush is the BIGGEST piece of shit on American soil. My hate for him is unequaled.

"If there is a Hell, you'll see him there"

not only are you a(so called) poet, but you can predict when a person is going to HELL..Now, that's what I call......talent..
As I said earlier...if you wanted to be taken seriously about your writing, you should of started off without calling people names...
And then telling people if they want your autograph, they should open their mouth....
And then posting a picture of handicapped people, to make another childish point...

But, you will be accepted in open arms here, as long as you post ANYTHING that is against President Bush......Enjoy.:clap2:

I didn't like President Clinton, but I never harbored the rabid hatred for him..
I was just looking forward to when he left.......
I consider myself lucky, not to harbor so much hate for any human being..........
It must be horrible to hate a person so much......:eusa_doh: I fell sorry for you all...

Forum List

Back