Stuff for computers ..

venalinen

Rookie
Apr 27, 2019
As you know, the first computers were invented when there was the so-called "lamp techology"
Then came some kind of "semiconductor technology"
-------
Damn-knows-what?
Is there a literate Person on this form who can explain the differences?

=========
But...
I do not ask simple questions ...
A person who dares to “explain” should write, at a minimum, about the current-voltage characteristic ...

In addition, please do not appear users of this forum "toobfreak"
I dont like ROGULE, hidden as american
You have neither Education, nor Honor, nor Conscience ...

Andrey Selivan

Last edited:
As you know, the first computers were invented when there was the so-called "lamp techology"
-------
Damn-knows-what?
=========
But...
A person who dares to “explain” should write, at a minimum, about the current-voltage characteristic ...

Andrey Selivan

I smell again a Selivan back here again to tell us the USSR is gods gift to the world, did everything first and better and America sucks.

Actually the first computers used gear technology, then bead technology. Then back to mechanical analog technology and finally to thermionic technology before it ever got to semiconductor technology. Typical Russian lack of education.

Yep, he even signed his name. Lol . Wonder how long he lasts?
-------
Damn-knows-what?
=========
But...

Andrey Selivan

I smell again a Selivan back here again to tell us the USSR is gods gift to the world, did everything first and better and America sucks.

Actually the first computers used gear technology, then bead technology. Then back to mechanical analog technology and finally to thermionic technology before it ever got to semiconductor technology. Typical Russian lack of education.

-------
Damn-knows-what?

=========
But...

Andrey Selivan
Abaci were the first computers thought to have been invented by the early Babylonians although the Quipu (South America) is considered by some to be the earliest "computer".

All that is interesting, but I want to know why we still haven't found a way to safeguard against the Pepsi Syndrome. That is a weakness that should have been fixed long ago.

-------
Damn-knows-what?

=========
But...

Andrey Selivan
Abaci were the first computers thought to have been invented by the early Babylonians although the Quipu (South America) is considered by some to be the earliest "computer".

I consider that stuff more on the order of "adding or counting machines." IMO, the first genuine "computer" may have been the antikythera.

Antikythera mechanism - Wikipedia

Another all-too-often forgotten turning point in computer science was the brilliant work of Alan Turing who broke the German Enigma in WWII that helped the allied forces defeat the Germans. His analog algorithms led to the basis of all modern computing software today.

Alan Turing - Wikipedia

Most of all, I am amused by the excitement of this Rogul .. toobfreak
which has no Technical Education. This scarecrow came from Ukraine to Leningrad, then graduated from the Polytechnic Institute, and then the Pope gave him a visa to America ...
I already told you that you are Cattle.
With the cattle do not argue, but whip with whips.
Now that was pathetic even for you..... :rofl:

upload_2019-4-27_11-9-38.jpeg

-------
Damn-knows-what?

=========
But...

Andrey Selivan

I consider that stuff more on the order of "adding or counting machines." IMO, the first genuine "computer" may have been the antikythera.

Another all-too-often forgotten turning point in computer science was the brilliant work of Alan Turing who broke the German Enigma in WWII that helped the allied forces defeat the Germans. His analog algorithms led to the basis of all modern computing software today.

Alan Turing - Wikipedia
Computer derives from the term compute, to calculate, the two items I listed are computational devices hence computers..........

People were also used as computers.
Goat...
You first learn to distinguish between rational and irrational numbers, and then talk about computers.
Buy yourself popcorn, hot dogs and see CNN, but do not get involved in serious discussions.

which has no Technical Education. This scarecrow came from Ukraine to Leningrad, then graduated from the Polytechnic Institute, and then the Pope gave him a visa to America ...

Worse, what does it really say about Leningrad's polytechnic institute if you can graduate from it with no technical knowledge!

In typical Selivan fashion, this bum pops up here again with the SAME MO:
  • pose vague, nebulous baiting topical questions too ill-defined to pin down or argue against.
  • while defining for all respondents strict guidelines only he defines so he can disqualify all answers while never actually establishing any technical authority himself.
Of course, by "lamp" technology, he was crudely referring to thermionic valves.

And by "current-voltage" analysis, he was also crudely referring to what is better known as the transconductance curve of the gating device.

Worse, what does it really say about Leningrad's polytechnic institute if you can graduate from it with no technical knowledge!

In typical Selivan fashion, this bum pops up here again with the SAME MO:
  • pose vague, nebulous baiting topical questions too ill-defined to pin down or argue against.
  • while defining for all respondents strict guidelines only he defines so he can disqualify all answers while never actually establishing any technical authority himself.
Of course, by "lamp" technology, he was crudely referring to thermionic valves.

And by "current-voltage" analysis, he was also crudely referring to what is better known as the transconductive curve of the gating device.
I know what he's doing and most likely he's a product of the old Soviet propagandist education system which stressed everything worthwhile was invented by the Soviets and the west were the copycats that took all the credit.

-------
Damn-knows-what?

=========
But...

Andrey Selivan

Alan Turing - Wikipedia
Computer derives from the term compute, to calculate, the two items I listed are computational devices hence computers..........

True. Even the biggest computers are really only fancy adding machines, but I like to separate devices capable of only basic arithmetic from more complex devices able to store and execute PROGRAMS.

People were also used as computers.
Goat...
You first learn to distinguish between rational and irrational numbers, and then talk about computers.
Buy yourself popcorn, hot dogs and see CNN, but do not get involved in serious discussions.
Human computer
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to navigationJump to search
For the Indian writer and mental calculator known as the human computer, see Shakuntala Devi. For other mental calculators, see Mental calculator.

NACA High Speed Flight Station "Computer Room" (1949)
The term "computer", in use from the early 17th century (the first known written reference dates from 1613),[1] meant "one who computes": a person performing mathematical calculations, before electronic computers became commercially available. "The human computer is supposed to be following fixed rules; he has no authority to deviate from them in any detail."[2] Teams of people were frequently used to undertake long and often tedious calculations; the work was divided so that this could be done in parallel. Frequently, the same calculations were performed independently by separate teams to check the correctness of the results.

Since the end of the 20th century, the term "human computer" has also been applied to individuals with prodigious powers of mental arithmetic, also known as mental calculators.

Human computer - Wikipedia

-------
Damn-knows-what?

=========
But...

Andrey Selivan

Alan Turing - Wikipedia

True. Even the biggest computers are really only fancy adding machines, but I like to separate devices capable of only basic arithmetic from more complex devices able to store and execute PROGRAMS.
I'm tend to be pedantic in certain areas....... :D

Forum List

Back