Stuff About Me

Noomi

Ninja Kicker
Jul 6, 2012
Australia
Figured I might explain my position on a few things and also share some things about myself because its late and I'm bored.

- I'm an Aussie
- I used to vote Labor, but I switched to the Greens after Julia Gillard (current PM) stabbed Kevin Rudd (former PM) in the back and stole his job
- I'm a major leftie, but I am told I am slightly conservative

My positions:

- Strongly pro choice. I am fine with abortion for whatever reason, at any stage of the pregnancy. While the thought of a late term elective abortion sickens me, I gave it a lot of thought and decided that I still couldn't force another person to use their body to sustain life if they didn't want to
- Anti death penalty - not even killers like John Sharpe (google him) deserve death. Rather, they deserve to rot in prison, and then rot some more.
- I believe global warming exists and that is a natural occurrence, which is being helped along by mankind
- Anti religion in all public schools. If you want your kids to learn about religion, send them to a religious school. Don't send them to public school and expect them to have Bible study
- UHC is the way to go. It works well here in Australia, everyone should have to pay taxes to help out their fellow countrymen

Other opinions:

I believe adultery should be illegal. Marriage vows are meant to be sacred, and if you cheat without a good reason (abusive partner, neglect for example) then you should face charges, although I haven't thought beyond that, to be honest
- People on welfare should not be allowed to buy smokes or alcohol, and welfare should be given in the form of vouchers, to prevent people buying drugs and other wasteful items
- Parents who allow their children to become morbidly obese should have their kids taken away from them
- Those people with severe mental illness and/or mental retardation should never be allowed to have children
- People in comas who will never wake up should be removed from life support - taxpayers are paying to keep that person alive and our taxes should go toward people who can actually benefit from our money
- Everyone should be signed up as an organ donor when they turn 18. There would be an opt out system, instead of the current opt in.
- A woman should sometimes, in certain situations, bear some responsibility for her sexual assault. For example, if she chooses to walk home alone, rather than with friends, and deliberately chooses a dark road, instead of s street well lit, then she is walking into danger, and people who choose to walk into danger should take some of the blame - but not much

Most people won't like my views but that is my opinion on a few things. I think I am more conservative than I thought, but I still consider myself to be an extreme leftie.

Y'all are free to tell me your opinions!

Figured I might explain my position on a few things and also share some things about myself because its late and I'm bored.

Nice start

My positions:

- Strongly pro choice. I am fine with abortion for whatever reason, at any stage of the pregnancy. While the thought of a late term elective abortion sickens me, I gave it a lot of thought and decided that I still couldn't force another person to use their body to sustain life if they didn't want to

I can live with abortion but not late term except in exceptional conditions.

- Anti death penalty - not even killers like John Sharpe (google him) deserve death. Rather, they deserve to rot in prison, and then rot some more.
- I believe global warming exists and that is a natural occurrence, which is being helped along by mankind

I'm OK with the death penalty in some situations.
Peter Sutcliffe and his like.
In Indonesia, the shoot people who import drugs. I have a young daughter who I want to see grow up in a place without the clear evil that is drug use.
I don't argue against the government line.

Sounds about right.

- Anti religion in all public schools. If you want your kids to learn about religion, send them to a religious school. Don't send them to public school and expect them to have Bible study
!

Religion is pretty much the norm in all schools here.
The vast majority allow students a range of teachers and split into religious groups for these lessons. Other than that, they mix in all other lessons.
I can see how that would be different in Australia and other countries.

UHC is the way to go. It works well here in Australia, everyone should have to pay taxes to help out their fellow countrymen

Hard to argue with that one.
I've seen the British NHS and compared it with the cash only system here.
Here, people die of the easily curable and manageable.

I believe adultery should be illegal. Marriage vows are meant to be sacred, and if you cheat without a good reason (abusive partner, neglect for example) then you should face charges, although I haven't thought beyond that, to be honest
- People on welfare should not be allowed to buy smokes or alcohol, and welfare should be given in the form of vouchers, to prevent people buying drugs and other wasteful items
- Parents who allow their children to become morbidly obese should have their kids taken away from them
- Those people with severe mental illness and/or mental retardation should never be allowed to have children
- People in comas who will never wake up should be removed from life support - taxpayers are paying to keep that person alive and our taxes should go toward people who can actually benefit from our money
- Everyone should be signed up as an organ donor when they turn 18. There would be an opt out system, instead of the current opt in.

A few reservations but nothing too much to argue with.

- A woman should sometimes, in certain situations, bear some responsibility for her sexual assault. For example, if she chooses to walk home alone, rather than with friends, and deliberately chooses a dark road, instead of s street well lit, then she is walking into danger, and people who choose to walk into danger should take some of the blame - but not much

That'll upset a few but not me.
The man is always guilty of the sex crime without excuse but the woman should protect herself, not assume men should behave (because some don't).
I'm unsure any actual blame should be placed on the woman for the rape, but it's clear she bears responsibility for her own safety.
Not that such foolishness from the woman should stop the rapist's balls being cut off with a rusty penknife.

Last edited by a moderator:

Most people won't like my views but that is my opinion on a few things. I think I am more conservative than I thought, but I still consider myself to be an extreme leftie.

- I'm an Aussie Not me
- I used to vote Labor, but I switched to the Greens after Julia Gillard (current PM) stabbed Kevin Rudd (former PM) in the back and stole his job Politics is to the death, so stuff like that is probably tame compared to what you don't know
- I'm a major leftie, but I am told I am slightly conservative Let's see :)

My positions:

I am strongly pro Choice as well. However, I am also strongly supportive of states' rights. And, I can only support elective abortions up until the point of viability which is determined by the date at which a premie can survive.

I am also anti death penalty - anti for anyone....ever.

But, I strongly support free speech. I googled that name and you want someone put to death for speech?

Wow.

Speech is only free if one can support that right for the speech most offensive to them.

I can't even imagine having beliefs about science. That just doesn't make sense to me.

Agree.

- UHC is the way to go. It works well here in Australia, everyone should have to pay taxes to help out their fellow countrymen

MAYBE agree, IF the laws are effective and cut waste. Ours does not.

Other opinions:

Disagree. That's just waaaaaaaay too authoritarian to me.

I agree with that, but I also want the individual states who run it to make that call for themselves.

Wow. That's just waaaaaay too authoritarian to me.

Wow. That's just waaaaaay too authoritarian to me. Not the state's call. Creeps me out to think that it ever would be.

Wow. That's just waaaaaay too authoritarian to me.

Maybe. Legally? Rarely.

And mandatory organ donorship?!

Please explain what use your kidney is to you when you've snuffed it.

None whatsoever. Although I didn't say I was against it. I'm just curious as to how you'd pass legislation that stipulates everyone above the age of eighteen must sign-up for organ donation. It's like demanding that whenever someone has a haircut, they donate their unwanted hair to make make wigs, or stuff pillows with. A facetious parallel, I know, but still valid.

IndoFred: You couldn't pay me to live in a shit hole like Indonesia...and its fucked up laws...

I rather like it here.
There are some problems but very few and the up side turns them to nothing things.

Why do you dislike the place so much and when was the last time you visited?

IndoFred: You couldn't pay me to live in a shit hole like Indonesia...and its fucked up laws...

I rather like it here.
There are some problems but very few and the up side turns them to nothing things.

Why do you dislike the place so much and when was the last time you visited?

never been there, and don't in tend to. It's corruptness makes me sick.

My wife has visited Jakarta and a couple of other places about four times in the past 18 months on business. She travels all over Asia - loves Hong Kong and China...says Vietnam is OK too, and thougth Japan was pretty orderly but nice. She says Indonesia is the pits, and looking at the way it dispenses law, I can only but agree with her...

- I'm an Aussie
- I used to vote Labor, but I switched to the Greens after Julia Gillard (current PM) stabbed Kevin Rudd (former PM) in the back and stole his job

My positions:

Other opinions:

What's your view on the late great V-8 Interceptors.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKPEOfybQak&feature=related]Mad Max - ''I AM THE NIGHT RIDER!!!'' - YouTube[/ame]

- I'm an Aussie

My positions:

Other opinions:

Sunni is correct....

1. "I am fine with abortion for whatever reason, at any stage of the pregnancy."
You really haven't thought this through, have you.
You might want to proceed to the logical conclusion with your fellow Aussie, Professor Peter Singer, who would endorse killing of children even after they are born:

"By the same token, a suffering or disabled child would have a weaker claim not to be killed than a mature pig. Singer writes, in Rethinking Life and Death:

Human babies are not born self-aware or capable of grasping their lives over time. They are not persons. Hence their lives would seem to be no more worthy of protection that the life of a fetus."
Peter Singer: Architect of the Culture of Death

Why the heck not? After all, you'd be fine with killing a baby rather than the mother suffering the inconvenience....

At least Barack Obama agrees with both of you....

2. "Anti death penalty - not even killers like John Sharpe (google him) deserve death. Rather, they deserve to rot in prison, and then rot some more."

Rot in prison? Really?
Have you seen tons of convicted killer petitioning to be put to death rather than continuing to live in prison?
No?
Why do you think that is?

I heaps agree with you on most everything except abortion and death penalty.

Why should we spend several million dollars in tax payer money to warehouse a serial murderer for decades?

Because killing him solves nothing. It does not bring the victim back.

Adultery should be illegal? How on earth would you enforce that?

And mandatory organ donorship?!

I don't know how the illegality of adultery would be enforced, its just something I am strongly against.

Organs are not donated against your will - my idea is, that when you turn 18, you are automatically considered a donor. If you don't wish to be, you can take your name off the register by letting the donor register know.

Anti Death Penalty yet Pro Abortion.

Does not compute.

There are many people who are pro life yet favor the death penalty.

Strongly pro choice.

I still couldn't force another person to use their body to sustain life if they didn't want to
- Anti death penalty -

Didn't read past that...

A common trait of all liberals: complete cognitive discord.

Where is a CHOICE for those who still live INSIDE women?
Anti death penalty for criminals, but OK' with the death penalty for those who were not given a chance to be born?

Basically, you are all for egotistic parasitical life-choices at the expense of not only women's duty to a society she lives in; you are for the murder of INNOCENT lives for as long as its done on a quiet.

Last edited:

- I'm an Aussie

My positions:

Other opinions:

I love how progressives are anti-death penalty but pro-choice....

It makes no fucking sense..

I don't adhere to any of your views - I'm the opposite.

Honestly you're Orwellian - making people give up THEIR organs??? are you kidding me? You do realize the government (or the powers that be) will just start stealing organs from people who could otherwise live to save "prominent" individuals???

Forum List

Back