Study: Which the violent, Koran or Bible?

So I guess the problem with Islam is not the Koran, its the people who teach the Koran that are the source of the problem.

Yes. There are obviously some muslims who are taking verses out of context to justify violence or the verses are actually in context and the murderers are simply believing they apply to them personally. I wish I'd hear just once a muslim tell the terrorists they are taking verses out of context instead of telling those who question the violence are. It makes them look compliant.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/relig...regarding-their-extremists-4.html#post2734092

So I guess the problem with Islam is not the Koran, its the people who teach the Koran that are the source of the problem.

Yes. There are obviously some muslims who are taking verses out of context to justify violence or the verses are actually in context and the murderers are simply believing they apply to them personally. I wish I'd hear just once a muslim tell the terrorists they are taking verses out of context instead of telling those who question the violence are. It makes them look compliant.

Actually, there is one. His name is Zhudi Jasser, but for some reason, the media doesn't like the true moderate ones.

Here's the good news: The makers of the PBS-commissioned documentary Islam vs. Islamists: Voices from the Center found some outspoken moderate Muslims and profiled them and their astonishing courage. The film shows these men mounting a lonely resistance against Muslim leaders in the West who are fronting a false moderate face to the public while using oil money from Gulf Arab sources to make their hard-line version of Islam the norm.

Here's the bad news: PBS refused to air the film as part of its recent "America at the Crossroads" series, even though it had been scheduled. I saw Islam vs. Islamists and concluded that it's absolutely vital to informed public debate. That PBS decided not to show, at least for now, such an important film is shocking.

Or is it? Most of the U.S. media has done a lousy job of critically covering Muslim organizations here, of asking serious questions about what their leaders believe and where they get their funding. These folks are quick to shriek "Islamophobia!" when a journalist points out their connections to radical Islam or asks straightforward questions about what they believe. The idea – and it's a successful one – is to squelch a legitimate and necessary public discussion.

As Islam vs. Islamists documents, it's a tactic they use with far less finesse on dissenting Muslims. Tarek Fatah and Dr. Zuhdi Jasser, two of several moderates featured in the film, told me that the Islamophobia canard is useless against them because they are proud, practicing Muslims. Yet they say they can't get a hearing at many mosques or Islamic institutions because those places have been taken over by Islamists – adherents to a highly politicized form of the faith.

"They've basically turned our mosques into a political party of their own," says Dr. Jasser, a Phoenix physician. "We have nowhere to go to have this debate."

Moderate Muslim voices silenced | News for Dallas, Texas | Dallas Morning News | Columnists: Rod Dreher

all muslim scholars reject violence

Not all. Al Queda has its own scholars.
yep!; CIA! :clap2:

brzezinski_bin_laden_aka_tim_osman.gif

Is The Bible More Violent Than The Quran?

Given this violent legacy, religion historian Philip Jenkins decided to compare the brutality quotient of the Quran and the Bible.

Defense Vs. Total Annihilation

"Much to my surprise, the Islamic scriptures in the Quran were actually far less bloody and less violent than those in the Bible," Jenkins says.

Jenkins is a professor at Penn State University and author of two books dealing with the issue: the recently published Jesus Wars, and Dark Passages , which has not been published but is already drawing controversy.

Much to my surprise, the Islamic scriptures in the Quran were actually far less bloody and less violent than those in the Bible.

- Philip Jenkins, author of 'Jesus Wars'

Violence in the Quran, he and others say, is largely a defense against attack.

"By the standards of the time, which is the 7th century A.D., the laws of war that are laid down by the Quran are actually reasonably humane," he says. "Then we turn to the Bible, and we actually find something that is for many people a real surprise. There is a specific kind of warfare laid down in the Bible which we can only call genocide."

It is called herem, and it means total annihilation. Consider the Book of 1 Samuel, when God instructs King Saul to attack the Amalekites: "And utterly destroy all that they have, and do not spare them," God says through the prophet Samuel. "But kill both man and woman, infant and nursing child, ox and sheep, camel and donkey."
Is The Bible More Violent Than The Quran? : NPR
finally, a honest man.
Bible-Sword-Bg.jpg

Now find in the NEW TESTAMENT any such violence. You are aware that with the New Testament the bible totally changes and God ceases to seek annihilation of his enemies? RIGHT?

It's still fiction, made up and written by man. The first go around, OT, didn't fit everyones agenda, so man rewrites it and makes up the NT, same old lies to control minds, power and money. Just because man changes the OT to the NT to make it slightly less violent (and it has major contradictory flaws) doesn't make the NT non-violent.

101 Contradictions Old Testament

101 CONTRADICTIONS—Old Testament

1. Man was created equal, male and female. Gen.1:27.
Woman was created as a companion to the man only after he rejected theanimals.
Gen. 2:18-24.

2. Man was created after the plants. Gen.1:12, 26.
Man was created before the plants. Gen.2:5-9.
3. The birds were created out of the water. Gen.1:20.
The birds were created out of the land. Gen.2:19.
4. The animals were created before man. Gen.1:24-26.
The animals were created after man. Gen.2:19.
5. On the first day, God created and separated light and darkness. Gen.1:3-5.
On the fourth day, God again created and separated light and darkness. Gen.1:14-18.
6. God encouraged reproduction. Gen.1:28.
He said it was an unclean process. Lev.12:1-8 (Note that bearing a daughter is more unclean than bearing a son).
7. God was pleased with his creation. Gen.1:31.
God was not pleased with his creation. Gen.6:6.
8. Adam was to die the day he ate the forbidden fruit. Gen.2:17.
Adam lived 930 years. Gen.5:5.
9. The name of "The Lord" was known in the beginning. Gen.4:26; Gen.12:8; Gen.22:14; Gen.26:25.
The name of "The Lord" was not known in the beginning. Ex.6:3.
10. God preferred Abel's offering to Cain's. Gen.4:4, 5.
God shows no partiality. 2 Chr.19:7; 2 Sam.14:14.

Oh, I get it. Since the bible has tons of violence, rape and murder, we should ignore what Islam is doing in the world every day.

That's awesome, dude.
put this in your small head:
Muslims didn't massacre 114 millions amerindians and didn't throw atomic bombs on japanese nor push crusade against Irak!

Bush : "God tell me to go to war"! :eusa_liar:

all muslim scholars reject violence, you don't know it? you need examples?

I don't, but the Muslims might, why don't you send them a list of them, along with your name and address in case they have questions?

God ordered the destruction of the peoples whom the Israelites dispossessed:

"When the LORD your God cuts off before you the nations which you are going in to dispossess, and you dispossess them and dwell in their land, beware that you are not ensnared to follow them, after they are destroyed before you, and that you do not inquire after their gods, saying, 'How do these nations serve their gods, that I also may do likewise?' (Deuteronomy 12:29-30)

That explains why all those Jews are running around hijacking planes and blowing up hotels.

:cuckoo:

Yes, the Bible is a lot more violent than the Koran, which is why we are all worried about offending all those radical fundamentalist Jews and Christians, and are free to mock Muhammad and burn Korans. :cuckoo:

Why are you afraid of Muslims?

Ever open a history book?

The only difference is that there are no real Christians in the world now that the Hutaree were arrested.

Hutaree?

What exactly did they blow up again? Was it the WTC? The Marine Barracks in Lebanon?

It amazes me how afraid people are of Muslims, so much so that they insist on citing historical examples to prove that Christains are the most violent group in history. Since you at least claim to have opened a history book at some point in time, why don't you answer the challenge everyone else is running from? Let us compare the atrocities committed by Christians in 2000 years to those committed by Muslims in 1400 years. Why don't we find out which group actually is more violent once and for all.

It shouldn't be that difficult, because the Romans used kill Christians because they actually refused to kill anyone, even if they were in the Roman Legions or the Arena, while the peace loving Muslims were led by Muhammad in military campaigns that wiped out cities.

Please, open a history book with me and prove which group is more violent.

what a logic?

so because 0.0001 of followers are using violence, a religion should be banned!!!!

A major poll recently showed that 78% of Muslims living in the US think suicide bombings are never justified. That means that 22%, not 0.0001%, have no problem justifying killing themselves to kill anyone who offends them.

No, it doesn't.

It means that ~22% can see some circumstance in which a suicide bomber might be justified. Nothing has been said about under what circumstances that might be (a suicide bomber killing the next Hitler to prevent WWIII? Wasn't specified)

Once again, your functional illiteracy comes into play to show how stupid you are.

Suicide bombings are never justified. Yet 22% of American Muslims think they are, according to your expert mind reading that only happens occasionally, and only if they are thinking about Hitler.

Funny thing, that is actually a higher percentage that Muslims in Pakistan, where people have actually blown themselves up. As I said when that poll was posted in order to prove how non violent Muslims are, if 22% of Christians in America thought suicide bombings were occasionally justified you would be screaming to high heaven and demanding that someone take action.

God ordered the destruction of the peoples whom the Israelites dispossessed:

"When the LORD your God cuts off before you the nations which you are going in to dispossess, and you dispossess them and dwell in their land, beware that you are not ensnared to follow them, after they are destroyed before you, and that you do not inquire after their gods, saying, 'How do these nations serve their gods, that I also may do likewise?' (Deuteronomy 12:29-30)

That explains why all those Jews are running around hijacking planes and blowing up hotels.

:cuckoo:

Why would they?

They have an army and bulldozers with which to run over protesters.

Hutaree?

What exactly did they blow up again? Was it the WTC? The Marine Barracks in Lebanon?

Police cars and a police station was the plan, if I recall. Something about a cop's funeral, too.

Let us compare the atrocities committed by Christians in 2000 years to those committed by Muslims in 1400 years. Why don't we find out which group actually is more violent once and for all.

Yes. Let's say Pinochet's not so bad because Hitler had better trucks, railroads, and the help of IBM and was more efficient.

Makes perfect sense.

You want to compare body counts?

Okay. They all praise 'god'; that makes them all mass murderers.

no_estimates.jpg

Dwindling In Unbelief: Who has killed more, Satan or God?

Hey, it's your argument.

Suicide bombings are never justified

Some would disagree. Including at least one navy.
. Yet 22% of American Muslims think they are, according to your expert mind reading that only happens occasionally, and only if they are thinking about Hitler.

Once again, your illiteracy comes into play.
Funny thing, that is actually a higher percentage that Muslims in Pakistan, where people have actually blown themselves up. As I said when that poll was posted in order to prove how non violent Muslims are, if 22% of Christians in America thought suicide bombings were occasionally justified you would be screaming to high heaven and demanding that someone take action.

Do you ever source any of your claims?

:lol:

Hutaree?

Police cars and a police station was the plan, if I recall. Something about a cop's funeral, too.

Let us compare the atrocities committed by Christians in 2000 years to those committed by Muslims in 1400 years. Why don't we find out which group actually is more violent once and for all.
Yes. Let's say Pinochet's not so bad because Hitler had better trucks, railroads, and the help of IBM and was more efficient.

Makes perfect sense.

You want to compare body counts?

Okay. They all praise 'god'; that makes them all mass murderers.

no_estimates.jpg

Dwindling In Unbelief: Who has killed more, Satan or God?

Hey, it's your argument.

I didn't mention either Satan, or God. I specifically asked about Christians and Muslims. Why are you trying to change the subject?

Forum List

Back