Study: Watching partisan news sources makes you stupid.

Vast LWC

<-Mohammed
Aug 4, 2009
New York
What you know depends on what you watch: People learn most from NPR, Sunday Morning Shows, The Daily Show; least from MSNBC, Fox News

According to a follow-up survey by Fairleigh Dickinson University&#8217;s PublicMindTM, NPR and Sunday morning political talk shows are the most informative news outlets, while exposure to partisan sources, such as Fox News and MSNBC, has a negative impact on people&#8217;s current events knowledge. This nationwide survey confirms initial findings presented in a New Jersey focused poll (from November of 2011).

And personally I think they're right. I feel like I've been a generally better informed person since I stopped watching either of them.

What you know depends on what you watch: People learn most from NPR, Sunday Morning Shows, The Daily Show; least from MSNBC, Fox News

According to a follow-up survey by Fairleigh Dickinson University’s PublicMindTM, NPR and Sunday morning political talk shows are the most informative news outlets, while exposure to partisan sources, such as Fox News and MSNBC, has a negative impact on people’s current events knowledge. This nationwide survey confirms initial findings presented in a New Jersey focused poll (from November of 2011).

And personally I think they're right. I feel like I've been a generally better informed person since I stopped watching either of them.

Like MSNBC is the only biased partisan news source from the left. If the study is right that would explain all the morons on the left.

And Fox? Of all the big ones it has the most balanced hiring practices. Studies were done before Fox came along and it was reported that over 80 percent of ALL Journalists at the Networks were left of center and mostly registered as Democrats.

Fox hires qualified people irregardless of their political leanings. And on the none News programs they have all points of view, a show for everyone.

According to a follow-up survey by Fairleigh Dickinson University’s PublicMindTM, NPR and Sunday morning political talk shows are the most informative news outlets, while exposure to partisan sources, such as Fox News and MSNBC, has a negative impact on people’s current events knowledge. This nationwide survey confirms initial findings presented in a New Jersey focused poll (from November of 2011).

Like MSNBC is the only biased partisan news source from the left. If the study is right that would explain all the morons on the left.

And Fox? Of all the big ones it has the most balanced hiring practices. Studies were done before Fox came along and it was reported that over 80 percent of ALL Journalists at the Networks were left of center and mostly registered as Democrats.

Fox hires qualified people irregardless of their political leanings. And on the none News programs they have all points of view, a show for everyone.

And here comes RetardSarge to prove the OP's point....

So you have several different partisan poiints of view.
Not just the news.
People just pick and choose.

Not just the news.

I don't watch broadcast news at all. Not from any channel. Haven't in a very long time.

Not just the news.

I don't watch broadcast news at all. Not from any channel. Haven't in a very long time.

So you only watch news commentary type of shows?

I like just the news and decide my own commentary.
I watch no common taters.

• Banned

Read the study Sarge.

It points out that the MOST partisan media sources, like Fox and MSNBC, have the most misinformed audiences.

Sure, NPR is biased a bit to the left, but their audience is the most informed on current events.

The same would be true of outlets like the Wall Street Journal. (Though who knows what will happen to that paper eventually with Murdoch in charge.)

I also like BBC America news.

the nightly news hour on PBS seems to have a slight right slant.
And the nightly Busineess report sure does.
Other shows on PBS do tend to slant more left but present more of the sides than the networks do.

Last edited:
Not just the news.

I do not watch much TV at all and when I do it is neither broadcast news or commentary programs, which by the way are NOT news programs.

I do not watch much TV at all and when I do it is neither broadcast news or commentary programs, which by the way are NOT news programs.

and yet you praised Fox and rasn down MSNBC?

:lmao:

I have my own sources and they are what I just said. Or are you claiming MSNBC is not biased?

Fox NEWS Programs are not biased. What you turds always complain about are shows that are commentary or talk shows DESIGNED to sell and entertain.

I have my own sources and they are what I just said. Or are you claiming MSNBC is not biased?

Fox NEWS Programs are not biased. What you turds always complain about are shows that are commentary or talk shows DESIGNED to sell and entertain.

Fox news programs are NOT biased?
wow, just wow.

You are so certain of this but do not watch them?

:D

:lol: How would you know since you claim you don't watch them?

Let me guess. You get your "news" from Rush Limbaugh and other rightwingloons or online from Newsmax.

Fox news programs are NOT biased?
wow, just wow.

You are so certain of this but do not watch them?

:D

Well ok I misspoke, all programs have some bias. Fox corporate news is not a far right bias. it is close to center of the political spectrum.

Anyone citing the Daily Show as a legit news source is suspect off the top of the deck.

In the case of CCCPNBC, we could just have a chicken-or-the-egg argument....I know I feel stupider just looking at Contessa Brewer.

Forum List

Back