Study suggests Fox News viewers less informed than those not watching any news

Inthemiddle

Rookie
Oct 4, 2011
Some News Leaves People Knowing Less

I found this to be somewhat surprising. There's a few things that I think should be kept in mind when considering the results.

1. This is not necessarily a representative sample group. It was only New Jerseyans who were polled, which leaves open the possibility that the results are attributable to special circumstances of New Jersey.

2. This poll suggests a correlation. But does not do much to establish a causal factor. It's not appropriate to assume from this study that one news outlet or another causes a greater or lesser overall knowledge of events. It's just as likely that people who happen to be less informed or more informed have common preferences for peripheral reasons.

3. These facts aside, the sample group is relatively small (612 people) which means that further and more expansive study is needed in order to identify more definitive correlations.

" 1. This is not necessarily a representative sample group. It was only New Jerseyans who were polled, which leaves open the possibility that the results are attributable to special circumstances of New Jersey. "

No shit, like New Jersey is a blue state?

And common sense says you'd have to be a moron to believe this study.

Any news, even full of bias and half truths is more informed than having your head under a rock or up your ass.

I sometimes watch Fox News to see who they are complaining about.

Also I do watch have that Megan Kelley show everyday. She is staying on the little baby Lisa story who was taken out of her crib. No other network covers the story anymore. Kelley makes it a point to keep the story in the news---and with updates.

HOW would people who know less KNOW they know less???

Former GW Bush speechwriter David Frum:

On ABC's Nightline; Frum: "Republicans originally thought that Fox worked for us and now we're discovering we work for Fox. And this balance here has been completely reversed. The thing that sustains a strong Fox network is the thing that undermines a strong Republican party."

I heard Ray McGovern, a retired CIA agent whose expertise was the old Soviet Union and the Eastern Bloc countries say the propaganda coming out of Fox News is at the same level as Pravda. But I suspect most Russians knew Pravda was propaganda.

Really? - Then how come MSNBC & CNN viewers don't know about Al Gore & Mbeki preventing the EPA from acting on deaths caused by a huge multinational company operating in South Africa. EPA regulates inside the USA driving jobs out. When it comes to Gore's foreign lobbyist donors he prevented the EPA from acting so they could keep US workers from competing for those jobs.

When an EPA employee tried to act in this matter she was told to stay out of it & subsequently abused so badly that she had to file a whistle-blower lawsuit against the EPA & won.

Gore even threatened the South African Government by with-holding life saving drugs if they took any action against this company. The result was 300,000 deaths.

Gore Mbeki Commission

Gore's South Africa Dispute

Last edited:
11-21-fox-and-friends-sg-cropped-proto-custom_28.jpg

Poll: Fox News Viewers Less Informed Than Those Who Read No News | TPMDC

Fox News Viewers Know Less Than People Who Don't Watch Any News: Study

Holy shit, are they stupid, or what...? Duh, yes they are... and apparently so is their audience...

Really? - Then how come MSNBC & CNN viewers don't know about Al Gore & Mbeki preventing the EPA from acting on deaths caused by a huge multinational company operating in South Africa. EPA regulates inside the USA driving jobs out. When it comes to Gore's foreign lobbyist donors he prevented the EPA from acting so they could keep US workers from competing for those jobs.

When an EPA employee tried to act in this matter she was told to stay out of it & subsequently abused so badly that she had to file a whistle-blower lawsuit against the EPA & won.

Gore even threatened the South African Government by with-holding life saving drugs if they took any action against this company. The result was 300,000 deaths.

Link?

People who only get news from the idiot box are uninformed compared to those who actually read news from several different sources.

I wonder if any American that uses any American media is informed about what is happening around them? I really don't think so.

Those of us who watch PBS and listen to NPR are pretty well informed.

Truthmatter uses them as a reference from time to time. Sure they are.

Fox News Viewers Uninformed, NPR Listeners Not

"We have all seen these circus elephants complete with tusks, ivory in their head and thick skins, who move around the circus ring and grab the tail of the elephant ahead of them."
President John F. Kennedy
Americans who use the American media alone as a source no matter who it is are not very politically smart.

Those of us who watch PBS and listen to NPR are pretty well informed.

Truthmatter uses them as a reference from time to time. Sure they are.

Fox News Viewers Uninformed, NPR Listeners Not

"We have all seen these circus elephants complete with tusks, ivory in their head and thick skins, who move around the circus ring and grab the tail of the elephant ahead of them."
President John F. Kennedy

“ The nobility of a human being is strictly independent of that of his convictions. ”
— Jean Rostand

Forum List

Back