Study: Societies worse off 'when they have God on their side'

M

Max Power

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-1798944,00.html

“In general, higher rates of belief in and worship of a creator correlate with higher rates of homicide, juvenile and early adult mortality, STD infection rates, teen pregnancy and abortion in the prosperous democracies.

“The United States is almost always the most dysfunctional of the developing democracies, sometimes spectacularly so.”

The study concluded that the US was the world’s only prosperous democracy where murder rates were still high, and that the least devout nations were the least dysfunctional. Mr Paul said that rates of gonorrhoea in adolescents in the US were up to 300 times higher than in less devout democratic countries. The US also suffered from “ uniquely high” adolescent and adult syphilis infection rates, and adolescent abortion rates, the study suggested

Mr Paul said: “The study shows that England, despite the social ills it has, is actually performing a good deal better than the USA in most indicators, even though it is now a much less religious nation than America.”

Powerman said:
I know what you're thinking...Youi think I'm gonna make some anti religious post...

But honestly these stastics you post have more to do with black people than religion...

Discuss....

It's gonna be really funny seeing the dumbasses stumble over themselves to call me racist when they know I'm right. I can't wait...

America has a preponderance of religious fanatics. It also has a lot of crime. It also has the biggest cars. Big cars must cause crime. This study is idiotic.

I didn't see any study--I saw a report on a study and ya gotta love the last line.

“The widely held fear that a Godless citizenry must experience societal disaster is therefore refuted.”

Powerman said:
I know what you're thinking...Youi think I'm gonna make some anti religious post...

But honestly these stastics you post have more to do with black people than religion...

Discuss....

It's gonna be really funny seeing the dumbasses stumble over themselves to call me racist when they know I'm right. I can't wait...

So what are you suggesting there Nathan Hale, errrr Powerman?

You know, buying ice cream kills Indian people because when ice cream sales are high, so is the death rate in India. It has nothing to do with the fact that ice cream sales and India death rates both increase when the temperature goes up. Not at all.

And the huge upswing in teen pregnancy in the 80's coincided perfectly with the massive increase in Dorito consumption among teens....coincidence? I THINK NOT!!!!
:eek: :eek: :eek:

It has to do with all races, not just blacks. Everyone knows that ethnically and racially homogenous societies always have less social discord. Our country is a gigantic social experiment never before attempted in human history! Think about it. All races and cultures thrown together and granted equal rights. Some bad stuff was bound to happen. But we've only been around for a few hundred years and we only granted women rights a little over a hundred years ago. Blacks and other races have only had equal rights for about 50 years now. In historical terms, that's just a blink of an eye. I say we keep trying it for another few hundred years and see how it turns out.

Oh yes people, the glass if half full today.

Hagbard Celine said:
...But we've only been around for a few hundred years and we only granted women rights a little over a hundred years ago. Blacks and other races have only had equal rights for about 50 years now...

Haggy, despite Jim Crow laws, and other attempts to deny blacks the right to vote, blacks legally, Constitutionally, had the right to vote a full 50 years before women did, via the 15th Amendment to the Constitution, in 1870. For women, it wasn't until the 19th Amendment, in 1920.

Amendment XV - Race no bar to vote. Ratified 2/3/1870.

"The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude..."

**Note that the amendment does not incude gender in it's list of protected/included groups.

19th Amendment (1920): "The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any state on account of sex."

Haggy, despite Jim Crow laws, and other attempts to deny blacks the right to vote, blacks legally, Constitutionally, had the right to vote a full 50 years before women did, via the 15th Amendment to the Constitution, in 1870. For women, it wasn't until the 19th Amendment, in 1920.

This may be true technically, but you and I both know that many blacks never really got to vote until the 1960s. Segregation was so prevalent and Jim Crowe so strong, many blacks were turned away from polls and/or never went at all.

:blsmile: "Yousa tinkin' people gonna die Annie?!"

Hagbard Celine said:
This may be true technically, but you and I both know that many blacks never really got to vote until the 1960s. Segregation was so prevalent and Jim Crowe so strong, many blacks were turned away from polls and/or never went at all.

:blsmile: "Yousa tinkin' people gonna die Annie?!"

That is why I mentioned Jim Crow laws, etc. and I believe you are over-stating it. As I recall learning, the trouble was primarily in the South. But more importantly, you stated that women's rights preceded blacks by many years. That is simply not true. Women weren't just prevented from voting in certain Southern states by some nefarious schemes, as blacks were. They were legally prevented from voting by virtue of our Constitution specifically leaving them out. They couldn't walk into any voting booth, anywhere in this country, and vote. Until 1920. Big difference.

You are confusing people that are brain washed with a false God and by the governments that control them and blaming God for their problems when it is the people that are doing it. That has nothing to do with God, you have free will to make your own decision and if you choose to make them that is all you.

If you want to know if there is a God or not, there is, the way that you know is all the life around you and how all these things work. They do not happen just by itself something had to create it.

All the campagns such as what the OP posted is in fact going against God, why would it go against the creator and that article be their if he didnt exist?

It is all to take you away from God, who wants you to be taken away from God? You know who that is. It is obvious that the words of the Bible are in play and that the campagn to bring us away from God is ran by a character in the Bible.

Who is the head of articles like that, sounds like a minion to me.

Jehovah is the one and only God, people with god's are victims of Satan and his campaigs. God's word was turned in to religion to control the flow of information.

You are seeing the product of a Godless world with no future, your choice to work with him or not, you see what happens when you don't and you go with his counter part, you live in that now and this entire planet does. Nothing goes right and all the propaganda to kill you slowly and take control over every aspect of your life is underway.

There are so many underground stories out their for a reason and they are kept underground by the ruling elite.

I pray that all that read my post will see the big idea that our time is running out and we must make as much of this world right before it is to late and we have no future. We have to come together and say no to the politicians and world governments.

Don't you think it is strange that there is a government that regulates what we do and it has always been there? Really how do you think that started?

Forum List

Back