Study: Selfie addiction may be real mental disorder

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
Study: Selfie Addiction May Be Real Mental Disorder
If your social media account is full of selfies, you might be painting a picture of someone with a mental disorder rather than a really cool and exciting life – at least according to some psychologists, who believe there is such a thing as “selfitis,” or obsessive selfie-taking.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
ORG. ARTIC. FROM :
Sputnik - DECEMBER 19, 2017 8 Comments

Welp , there are plenty suffering from mental illness esp. those moronic twenty something's some of them get off on ten selfies a day. Imagine the withdraw these selfie takers will suffer if we had a grid down LMFAO...

I don't think I've ever even thought of taking my own picture...I see myself everyday why do I need a picture of me and of my food...what is up with that? Why do people think that we care what they are going to have for lunch? Talk about a shallow mind and an inflated ego...

I'm so relieved. I have never, ever taken a "selfie", and I refuse all requests. I've never even taken a pic with my lobotomized smartphone, save for a test shot when I was setting it up.

You wanna take a picture? Use a real big boy camera. That's what they're for.

I've never done 'em either, although I did have my picture taken with Dan Hicks, just to prove we are not the same person (we looked a lot alike).

This isn't some new psychology though, it's just plain good ol' Narcissism. Just a new technology on the old psychology. And what a techno innovation it is ---- a stick. Me buy stick, me take pic, me show me.

I've never done 'em either, although I did have my picture taken with Dan Hicks, just to prove we are not the same person (we looked a lot alike).

This isn't some new psychology though, it's just plain good ol' Narcissism. Just a new technology on the old psychology. And what a techno innovation it is ---- a stick. Me buy stick, me take pic, me show me.

I like being able to see who I'm talking to. Maybe you are just creepy. :D

The people who have mental disorders would be the ones who use avatars of other people and try to pass them off as themselves whether subtle or not. Now, THAT is a sign of a mental disorder.

What, my avatar? Fat chance. I ain't nowhere near as pretty as you. So instead I put my spirit in there. :D

But yeah I am creepy. I look like I was lying in the grass and a lawnmower ran over my face.
Hey, I know --- I could run a pic of Dan Hicks. Close enough.

The people who have mental disorders would be the ones who use avatars of other people and try to pass them off as themselves whether subtle or not. Now, THAT is a sign of a mental disorder.

And worse, those who pass themselves off as someone entirely different such as another gender.

That struck me immediately when I first got to this site --- guys apparently using their avatars as pin-ups. :cuckoo:

I don't think kaz ever did essplain him/herself.

What, my avatar? Fat chance. I ain't nowhere near as pretty as you. So instead I put my spirit in there. :D

But yeah I am creepy. I look like I was lying in the grass and a lawnmower ran over my face.

This guy? Oh come on! Not that ugly! :D A little tacky though!

hicks001.jpg

What is wrong with a little narcissism? Love thyself. :D Lol!

This guy? Oh come on! Not that ugly! :D A little tacky though!

hicks001.jpg

You know, that looks amazingly similar to the pic I had done with him. It isn't, but it was outside, by a wall outside the House of Blues. And around the same time.

The guitar splash, you have to understand, everything Dan Hicks did was satire. That's why I liked him.

Of course, when you're on stage doing anything it does help to dress up a bit loudly. I've still got some garishly coloured shirts I wouldn't wear anywhere else because offstage it would be pretentious.

By definition there's no such thing as "a little" narcissism. Narcissism means obsession. Self-confidence isn't the same thing at all. For a perfect example see you-know-who.

By definition there's no such thing as "a little" narcissism. Narcissism means obsession. Self-confidence isn't the same thing at all. For a perfect example see you-know-who.

We're all quite familiar with Obama. No reason to look again.

Well, taking selfies certainly doesn't qualify someone as a narcissist or mentally ill. Everyone does it now. Even ugly and fat ones! :D

We're all quite familiar with Obama. No reason to look again.

Who? Oh you mean "I will be the greatest jobs president that god ever created" O'bama? The "I'm humble in ways you wouldn't even understand" O'bama? Or is it the "women/Hispanics love me, I have a very good relationship with 'the blacks'" O'bama?

Perhaps it's the "more electoral votes than anyone since Reagan" O'bama. Or the "I could shoot somebody on Fifth Avenue and not lose votes" O'bama or the "how stupid are the people of Iowa" O'bama or the "I love the poorly educated" O'bama. Or the "there's no problem with my dick, I assure you" O'bama. I couldn't remember his name but I thought it was something else....

Forum List

Back