Study of Tea Party signs, finds vast Majority not racists.

No I believe Obama was born in Hawaii.

The fact that they question if he was born here or not. Says absolutely nothing at all about how they feel about race sir. Now you are making illogical assumptions. All you can assume from that is that they do not trust Obama, and believe he might lie.

You are making a leap that since 30% of them question his electability do to birth place, that they must be racists.

You are still ignoring the race part of the article. Also, we both know that the birther movement at this point in time is motivated by racism against Obama. If you're going to sit there and tell me otherwise, you are clearly lying to yourself. At this point, there is no logical reason to believe that he was born outside of this country.

I'm not saying that all birthers are racist. However, I am saying that a good number of them are. And that's just the ones willing to say so in the poll. Like I said, I put the number of racists in the Tea Party at least 30%. It could be lower, it could be higher. Point is, that is the number I have figured at least is present in the movement.

The fact that they question if he was born here or not. Says absolutely nothing at all about how they feel about race sir. Now you are making illogical assumptions. All you can assume from that is that they do not trust Obama, and believe he might lie.

You are making a leap that since 30% of them question his electability do to birth place, that they must be racists.

You are still ignoring the race part of the article. Also, we both know that the birther movement at this point in time is motivated by racism against Obama. If you're going to sit there and tell me otherwise, you are clearly lying to yourself. At this point, there is no logical reason to believe that he was born outside of this country.

No I am not ignoring it sir. You just want to say I am.

I do not agree with your assumption that the birthers are motivated by race. People tried to use that same argument against McCain because he was born on a US base in Panama. Were they racists?

As I said I do not assume to know what motivates the birthers. It could be simply like I said that they do not like Obama's policies and are latching on to any chance to discredit him. You can say I am lying to myself all you want sir. You have a hard time accepting that not everyone draws the same conclusions as you.

In the study I sighted only 1% of the signs were Birther signs anyways.

I still await some Proof 30% of Them are motivated by race.

Last edited:

I'm not saying that all birthers are racist. However, I am saying that a good number of them are. And that's just the ones willing to say so in the poll. Like I said, I put the number of racists in the Tea Party at least 30%. It could be lower, it could be higher. Point is, that is the number I have figured at least is present in the movement.

You need to re read your own link.

There is not one mention of any of the people polled admitting to being racists at all.

Both you and your article are making assumptions based on what color the Tea Party people are, what age they are, and what they believe about where Obama was born.

Maybe it is you who didn't read the race part of your article.

There is not one mention of any of the people polled admitting to being racists at all.

Both you and your article are making assumptions based on what color the Tea Party people are, what age they are, and what they believe about where Obama was born.

:lol: There is no reasoning with someone who doesn't think race is a motivation of the birther movement at this point in time. It's 2010, you're referencing McCain which stopped after he showed the necessary documentation. There is no logical reason to believe in 2010 that Obama was born outside of the U.S.

As for the part you bolded, I was referring to the ones willing to admit they were birthers. Only 41% could say that they believed Obama was born in the U.S. Not even a majority.

I'm not making assumptions based off anything. I'm coming to conclusions based off what I read in these polls/studies.

Clearly this conversation has come to a dead-end and isn't going to go any further. So I'm going to withdraw at this thread at this time and go work on my Biology Lab.

Here is the entire part of your article that deals with race.

Tea Party supporters are less likely than Americans overall to believe whites have more opportunities to get ahead than blacks.

Just 16 percent of Tea Party supporters say whites have more opportunities to get ahead, compared to 31 percent of all Americans. Seventy-three percent say both have equal opportunity, compared to 60 percent of Americans overall.

Fifty-two percent believe too much has been made of the problems facing black people. Far fewer Americans overall -- 28 percent -- believe as much. Among non-Tea Party whites, the percentage who say too much attention has been paid to the problems of black people is 23 percent.

A majority of Tea Party suppers believe the Obama administration treats both blacks and whites the same way. But one in four believe the administration favors blacks over whites, an opinion shared by just 11 percent of Americans overall and seven percent of non-Tea Party whites.

How does any of that prove they are racists?

Thinking Blacks do not have it as bad as most people think they do. Is not proof of Racism. Neither is thinking Whites do not have as much more chances as most people say.

Where is your proof? You have nothing but speculation and assumptions.

This was my favorite one.

untitled-2-550x271.jpg

Lmao. Still my personal favorite:
offical-sign-protester.jpg

I'll go with the whole, "the Tea Party isn't racist" thing. I don't think the majority of them are racist. I just see a generational divide. The old teabaggers think since they've enjoyed their life, and their kids are grown, they shouldn't have to pay any more money in taxes (for education, etc..) for others to enjoy their lives. The corporations just grabbed on to that thought and launched a movement. You'll never see me claiming all Teabaggers are racist.. although I know a lot of them are motivated by that factor.

:lol: There is no reasoning with someone who doesn't think race is a motivation of the birther movement at this point in time. It's 2010

Nothing but another cop out on your part.

You have no facts at all. Just assumptions.

Well it appears Modbert has said his piece on this subject.

Anyone else who thinks the Tea Party is mostly racist care to provide us with some Real evidence and not just assumptions and accusations based on your own beliefs?

This was my favorite one.

untitled-2-550x271.jpg

Lmao. Still my personal favorite:
offical-sign-protester.jpg

I'll go with the whole, "the Tea Party isn't racist" thing. I don't think the majority of them are racist. I just see a generational divide. The old teabaggers think since they've enjoyed their life, and their kids are grown, they shouldn't have to pay any more money in taxes (for education, etc..) for others to enjoy their lives. The corporations just grabbed on to that thought and launched a movement. You'll never see me claiming all Teabaggers are racist.. although I know a lot of them are motivated by that factor.

Then show some evidence that a lot of them are. The signs at in this one study suggest only about 5% of them are. I Welcome some actual proof that more than that are. Until then I will trust in studies like this, and my own eyes from what I have seen at the 2 rallies I have been to locally, which tell me the % that are motivates by race is pretty small.

The bottom line is this - The Democrats are going to get slaughtered in 17 days. They WILL lose the House and quite possibly the Senate. This is because Americans across the country believe in LIMITED government. Yet in spite of the fact that Americans overwhelmingly are screaming and demanding limited government and fiscal responsibility, the best the left can offer is another $trillion or so in spending, more unfunded mandates, and a near constant flow of red herrings and lies about the "Tea Party". This is what the Democrats call "leadership".......it is really pathetic. Keep up the good work, we need to send this new "liberalism" (sic) to the junk heap of failed ideas where it belongs.

Forum List

Back