Biblical Warrior For God.
Jun 16, 2008
Pennsylvania
Study: More whites, fewer blacks going to prison for drugs - CNN.com

icon10.gif

More black judges?

More "whites" using?

Last edited:
Twenty years ago an organizational meeting of the nation's black judges could have been held in the back of a single bus. Today it would take a small fleet of Greyhounds. To celebrate that growth, and what it means to the administration of justice, half of the nation's 269 black judges met in Atlanta this month to establish the Judicial Council of the predominantly black National Bar Association.

The event was more than ceremonial. Black judges know that they have become a force in the legal community, and they mean to make the most of it. Specifically, they want the white-dominated judicial system to become more responsive to blacks and to the poor, and they are not at all reticent with their suggestions for bringing that about.

Defendant's Language. Jury selection is one of their special concerns. Said Baltimore Judge Joseph C. Howard: "We found there were professional [white] jurors serving six and eight times a year." As a result of Howard's prodding, black representation on petit juries in Baltimore has moved from 5% to 50%. Judge Howard and three black colleagues have also led a movement to reform the bail system. Today three times as many Baltimore defendants are released on their own recognizance as three years ago.

The Black Judges - TIME

Twenty years ago an organizational meeting of the nation's black judges could have been held in the back of a single bus. Today it would take a small fleet of Greyhounds. To celebrate that growth, and what it means to the administration of justice, half of the nation's 269 black judges met in Atlanta this month to establish the Judicial Council of the predominantly black National Bar Association.

The event was more than ceremonial. Black judges know that they have become a force in the legal community, and they mean to make the most of it. Specifically, they want the white-dominated judicial system to become more responsive to blacks and to the poor, and they are not at all reticent with their suggestions for bringing that about.

Defendant's Language. Jury selection is one of their special concerns. Said Baltimore Judge Joseph C. Howard: "We found there were professional [white] jurors serving six and eight times a year." As a result of Howard's prodding, black representation on petit juries in Baltimore has moved from 5% to 50%. Judge Howard and three black colleagues have also led a movement to reform the bail system. Today three times as many Baltimore defendants are released on their own recognizance as three years ago.

The Black Judges - TIME

Wonderful. Black criminals freed to prey on whites thanks to their co-ethnics on the bench.

We shall overcome!

the study suggests that drug 'crimes' are being targeted, not the color of offenders.

According to the study, "the white increase may be related in part to more aggressive enforcement of methamphetamine laws. While methamphetamine is only used at significant levels in a relative handful of states, data from states such as Iowa and Minnesota show a substantial influx of these cases during this time period."

While the number of people in state prisons for drug offenses rose by less than 1 percent overall during the study period, the increase in federal prisons was more than 32 percent.

"The federal system has rigid, mandatory sentencing polices, especially for crack cocaine," Mauer said. "Also in the federal system, money is not an object there."

What does this suggest or implying about whites?

Or, are you suggesting that things are starting to get more fair for black people.

It means the government finally started to make it a war on drugs and not a war on black people.

How many black people are in jail who weren't caught with drugs? I missed the news report about innocent black people being thrown in jail on trumped up drug charges.

What does this suggest or implying about whites?

Or, are you suggesting that things are starting to get more fair for black people.

It means the government finally started to make it a war on drugs and not a war on black people.

How many black people are in jail who weren't caught with drugs? I missed the news report about innocent black people being thrown in jail on trumped up drug charges.

uhm, I am one of the innocent white people arrested on trumped up charges (for real), so what is your point...that only blacks get arrested on trumped up charges?

uhm, I am one of the innocent white people arrested on trumped up charges (for real), so what is your point...that only blacks get arrested on trumped up charges?

That is my question to CB. He suggested things were getting more fair to black people. I was looking for stats on how many black people are in prison for trumped up charges.

That is my question to CB. He suggested things were getting more fair to black people. I was looking for stats on how many black people are in prison for trumped up charges.

Last time I checked, Justice was blind not fair.

CB's suggestion (if that is what it was) is wrong. What you're looking for is irrelevant to the thread topic and the study itself.

CB's suggestion (if that is what it was) is wrong. What you're looking for is irrelevant to the thread topic and the study itself.

Sheesh. Lighten up.

You think maybe I was being sarcastic?

Sheesh. Lighten up.

You think maybe I was being sarcastic?

buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurp
! exuse me.

Forum List

Back