Study Links Low I.Q. To Prejudice, Racism, Conservatism

The history of IQ testing and its relation to eugenics and segregation is documented.

The history of box cars and their relation to genocide is also proven.The tool is not responsible for the malicious use of it's operator.
Disagree. Box cars were not invented to carry out genocide. IQ test were invented specifically to segregate and provide rationale for discrimination. The science is flawed and ridiculous due to that very reason.

Disagree. White people came up with the concept of IQ tests specifically to try and pretend they were smarter than everyone else.

Ugh, no. That you're view is based on misunderstandings of 150 year old rejected philosophies of men unqualified for the subject in the first place makes any further discussion with you on this matter unworthy of my time or effort.
History disagrees with you but we will agree to disagree.

No, you just don't seem to understand the history. What you are trying to invoke is not part of the scientific history of evaluating human intelligence. What you are talking about were hypothesized ideas proposed by philosophers like Kant and Hume. These were not men who were even qualified on the matter, nor did they even try to study or test their hypotheses. To draw conclusions about modern day IQ testing and scientific study of human intelligence based on that is ridiculous, to say the least.
I understand the history just fine. I'm not just talking about the hypothesized ideas. I am talking about current testing. I've taken IQ tests and its obvious its culturally biased. People have different approaches to problem solving. There is no one size fit all test that can detect if I get an answer wrong because I'm dumb, distracted, or simply bored and think the test is an exercise in BS.

IQ test were invented specifically to segregate and provide rationale for discrimination.

Patently false. The first rudimentary IQ tests were actually devised to identify mental retardation in young school children. Evaluating the intellectual abilities of children remains the underpinning of intelligence testing. Adult testing has very much been treated as an afterthought through most of the history of the field.

IQ test were invented specifically to segregate and provide rationale for discrimination.

Patently false. The first rudimentary IQ tests were actually devised to identify mental retardation in young school children. Evaluating the intellectual abilities of children remains the underpinning of intelligence testing. Adult testing has very much been treated as an afterthought through most of the history of the field.
Thats patently untrue. Darwins cousin Sir Francis Galton the father of eugenics and "intellectual measurement" was the person that devised the first tests. It seems you have some gaps in your knowledge regarding this. You should research Galton. After you do that you may want to investigate how they would label Blacks as retarded in order to imprison them.

Sir Francis Galton Intelligence Eugenics Fingerprints Study.com

Thats patently untrue. Darwins cousin Sir Francis Galton the father of eugenics and "intellectual measurement" was the person that devised the first tests.

Jesus Christ, you are not entitled to your own [false] facts. Binet created the first tests to evaluate intelligence, not Galton.

Galton did not come up with the first intelligence tests. Galton was the first to come up with a theory of intelligence. He theorized that intelligence was heritable, and linked to the size of the brain, and could be inferred by observing and individual's behaviors. He further theorized that different races would have demonstrably different brain sizes. The underlying theme of Galton's theory, which you seem to have no knowledge about, was that Galton believed that differences between racial intelligence would explain why different cultures developed at different rates.

Galton's own research revealed that his ideas were bogus, and he himself abandoned the whole thing. While he did manage to intuit a grain of truth, his approach of trying to determine intelligence based on observed behaviors was severely lacking at best. And cranium size turned out to have no meaningful racial correlations. Galton never developed a test for intelligence. When his research didn't pan out like he thought it would, he moved on and never visited the subject again.

Thats patently untrue. Darwins cousin Sir Francis Galton the father of eugenics and "intellectual measurement" was the person that devised the first tests.

Jesus Christ, you are not entitled to your own [false] facts. Binet created the first tests to evaluate intelligence, not Galton.

Galton did not come up with the first intelligence tests. Galton was the first to come up with a theory of intelligence. He theorized that intelligence was heritable, and linked to the size of the brain, and could be inferred by observing and individual's behaviors. He further theorized that different races would have demonstrably different brain sizes. The underlying theme of Galton's theory, which you seem to have no knowledge about, was that Galton believed that differences between racial intelligence would explain why different cultures developed at different rates.

Galton's own research revealed that his ideas were bogus, and he himself abandoned the whole thing. While he did manage to intuit a grain of truth, his approach of trying to determine intelligence based on observed behaviors was severely lacking at best. And cranium size turned out to have no meaningful racial correlations. Galton never developed a test for intelligence. When his research didn't pan out like he thought it would, he moved on and never visited the subject again.
You can call JC all day long but its not going to change the facts that you seem to have missed in your acquisition of knowledge. Galton was the first to device a test to ascertain intelligence levels. I even provided a link for you. Binet studied Galtons flawed logic and thats how he deviced his test. You may not agree with the truth but you are not entitled to make up your own history.

"Binet became interested in Sir Francis Galton, an English psychologist who was attempting to quantify individual cognitive capacity by administering standardized tests. Binet used Galton's work to examine a variety of famous and brilliant personalities, including writers, artists, mathematicians, and chessplayers.

Read more: Alfred Binet Biography 1857-1911 "

Forum List

Back