Study Links Flammable Drinking Water To Fracking

Hey that might be good news.

People who can't drink their well water, any more, can use it to run their moving vans so they can move someplace where they CAN drink the water.

Everyone knows nuclear power causes bad drinking water.

Why blame one industry for the faults of another?

Overall a pretty good study. The one thing it does show is that the fracturing liquids were not contaiminating the aquifer, but excess methane from the lower strata was somehow migrating up towards the aquifer levels.

One has to note however, that removal of any excess methane from drinking water is a relatively simple procedure. One just has to aerate the water, making sure of course to stay away from the flamability limits.

I note the study ends on the positve note of trying to allivate the issues to keep doing the extractions. While this may be the goal of the writers, our more screwy environmental activists will, as usual, just go with the ZOMG ITS EEEVUUL BAN IT BAN IT BAN IT approach as opposed to the try to fix it approach.

Overall a pretty good study. The one thing it does show is that the fracturing liquids were not contaiminating the aquifer, but excess methane from the lower strata was somehow migrating up towards the aquifer levels.

One has to note however, that removal of any excess methane from drinking water is a relatively simple procedure. One just has to aerate the water, making sure of course to stay away from the flamability limits.

I note the study ends on the positve note of trying to allivate the issues to keep doing the extractions. While this may be the goal of the writers, our more screwy environmental activists will, as usual, just go with the ZOMG ITS EEEVUUL BAN IT BAN IT BAN IT approach as opposed to the try to fix it approach.

I know you are trying to take a balanced and middle ground here, but the simple fact that in every single case of ground water contamination that has been attributed to fracking not once has the process been tied to the problem. How is calling for the industry to alleviate issues it is not responsible for at all sensible?

Scientist says the spin is on - Times Union

I know you are trying to take a balanced and middle ground here, but the simple fact that in every single case of ground water contamination that has been attributed to fracking not once has the process been tied to the problem. How is calling for the industry to alleviate issues it is not responsible for at all sensible?

Scientist says the spin is on - Times Union

The interesting part is that you only see the elevated methane in active wells. It doesnt seem to come from the process of breaking the rock, but of extracting it. This is also only for shallow groundwater, I dont think it goes into the effects on the passing through of an aquifier.

They did seem to control the study well. I know they added some political crap but that is par for the course these days.

The fact is they found elevated methane near active gas wells. This could be from bad seals on the shaft going down, and gas escaping during extraction into the rock strata, which is related to fracking per se, but to the extraction process.

And again, they did not find any traces of fracking fluid in the water.

This doesnt address concerns about going for gas desposits underneath an active aquifer, a different, and real problem.

Finally I have to state that the bruhaha in upstate new your is a different thing. NYC water is SURFACEwater, not GROUNDwater. Here the contamination issues would be due to the drillers letting the fracking licquid escape the drill area and enter into the reserviors. This a contaiment issue, not a method issue. The fracking is done at elevations far far away from the surface.

Forum List

Back