Study: Free birth control leads to fewer abortions; Romney wants to cut access.

graphusabrate.gif

United States abortion rates, 1960-2008

Does the radical left concede that decades of condom on a cucumber sex ed is a failure and the only option left to teenage girls is surgical contraceptive implants at taxpayer expense? What a Country.

And that the insistence that one-parent households are just as good as 2-parent household was a lie?

And that the advent of legal abortion has resulted in exponentially more abortions?

And that people still die from abortions in the same numbers that they did before they were legal?

That STDs among children have skyrocketed and evolved thanks to the leftist mantra that "kids are gonna have sex!'

And that there is a RISK associated with abortion, and implants, that they don't seem to give a shit about?

Keep encouraging those teenaged girls to fuck every middle aged pervert that walks...you gotta love the progressive idea of a 'perfect world'.

Looks like it's headed back up.

Look at how many fewer numbers there are since the advent of legal abortion for all. Wow, legal abortion really DOES result in fewer abortions!

not.

Got a chart to show the crime rates, the std rates, and the child abuse rates since abortion was legalized and PP started distributing free birth control, and the lefties allowed that child abuser Kinsey to develop the "sex education program" we still employ today in our schools? They're equally impressive.

Last edited:
This from The Associated Press.

-----------

WASHINGTON (AP) — Free birth control led to dramatically lower rates of abortions and teen births, a large study concludes. The findings were eagerly anticipated and come as a bitterly contested Obama administration policy is poised to offer similar coverage.
The project tracked more than 9,000 women in St. Louis, many of them poor or uninsured. They were given their choice of a range of contraceptive methods at no cost — from birth control pills to goof-proof options like the IUD or a matchstick-sized implant.

When price wasn't an issue, women flocked to the most effective contraceptives — the implanted options, which typically cost hundreds of dollars up-front to insert. These women experienced far fewer unintended pregnancies as a result, reported Dr. Jeffrey Peipert of Washington University in St. Louis in a study published Thursday.

The effect on teen pregnancy was striking: There were 6.3 births per 1,000 teenagers in the study. Compare that to a national rate of 34 births per 1,000 teens in 2010.
There also were substantially lower rates of abortion, when compared with women in the metro area and nationally: 4.4 to 7.5 abortions per 1,000 women in the study, compared with 13.4 to 17 abortions per 1,000 women overall in the St. Louis region, Peipert calculated. That's lower than the national rate, too, which is almost 20 abortions per 1,000 women.

One has to wonder why the Governor wants to cut off the primary source for low cost contraception to financially challenged women. From his website:

Eliminate Title X Family Planning Funding — Savings: $300 Million. Title X subsidizes family planning programs that benefit abortion groups like Planned Parenthood.

Associated Press | The Register-Guard | Eugene, Oregon

For $300M (or less than 1/3 the cost of a new destroyer the Navy is building), we could prevent a great many abortions, unwanted pregnancies, and help ensure women's health choices. The $300M spent now will be a lot less than building more schools, expanding entitlements, and building more prisons later on when the unwanted pregnancies are carried to term.

Also it should be noted that Title X money is not only provided to Planned Parenthood (no Title money is used for abortions by the way) but to public health departments across the nation; in red states as well as blue states. It is used to pay for everything from iron tablets to condoms to contraceptive foams and creams.

Forum copyright policy, to be found HERE, prohibits posting of pieces in their entirety and requires that you provide a link.

~Oddball

Moron.

We don't want to restrict women from getting contraceptives, we just don't want to pay for them. If you want to fuck any time, any where, pay for it yourself.

Seems like all this spiffy information hasn't helped one iota, it's made things worse. Given my age (not knowing yours), I might qualify as a peer to your grandfather.
When I grew up, sex Ed was addressed into ways: the first was about hygiene and the physical changes we could expect to experience. These topics were addressed in PE or gym class because it allowed boys and girls to be addressed specifically without making a public spectacle of separating the two sexes. Yes, PE was separate for boys and girls back in the days. The second way that sex Ed was addressed was in high school biology class, where reproduction was learned, but not the gritty mechanics of just how reproduction was achieved. How to accomplish that was a subject left to parents, and all-too-frequently explored as an extra curricular activity undertaken by the young themselves. Birth control in those days included few choices, the main being either condoms or mutual masturbation if abstinence was forsaken.

That being said, my generation had far fewer unwanted pregnancies, and abortions were also almost unheard of, being an almost unbearable shame for all involved. Should their paramour find herself "in the family way", boys were expected to step up, man up, and do the responsible thing. And most of them did.

Now, tell me again how this liberal 'free' shit is better than what we did before?

Ummm... not exactly. A whole lot of women suddenly found themselves going off to "visit a sick aunt." Either they had (at that time) illegal abortions, the baby was put in an orphanage, or the woman's mom claimed the baby was her own.

Other than that, your post is pretty accurate. Sex ed in schools today is absolutely abysmal. There's a massive amount of misinformation being spread by the kids, who aren't being given any real information by their paents or their schools. For example, there are rumors that eating certain foods or wearing certain underwear, or having sex only during certain phases of the moon can prevent pregnancy. :cuckoo:

To the other posters, It's been said already, but I'll repeat it, a few hundred dollars per year for a woman's birth control is far less expensive than paying for prenatal care, delivery, postnatal care, vaccinations, clothing, housing, food, HeadStart, schooling, school lunches, summer lunch programs, HEAP programs, emergency room visits, and all the other public-funded programs that help poor children.

Looks like it's headed back up.

Look at how many fewer numbers there are since the advent of legal abortion for all. Wow, legal abortion really DOES result in fewer abortions!

not.

Got a chart to show the crime rates, the std rates, and the child abuse rates since abortion was legalized and PP started distributing free birth control, and the lefties allowed that child abuser Kinsey to develop the "sex education program" we still employ today in our schools? They're equally impressive.

It had been declining and then the recession happened. I know it's shocking, the poorer the population, the higher the abortion rate.

That money comes from somewhere.

Don't wanna get pregnant.....keep your pants on.

Tired of paying for Sandra....

Fluke off.

takes two to have sex, and i rather you not tell me what i can do with my parts.
So here is the part where i tell you to fuck off and you comeback and say something stupid.

Fine, then you pay for your babies. Cuz you don't get to kill them.

The states don't want to fund birth control and abortion, because the people have never wanted to...and they NEVER have. That's why it took a bad law and fraud to foist abortion on us at a fed level.

Why should I have to pay for someone's sexual habits?? It's not my responsibility.. If you can't afford 9 stinking dollars, CLOSE YOUR LEGS.

Fine, then you pay for your babies. Cuz you don't get to kill them.

i am raising my babies...but then im not killing babies either. That's illegal.
I will support a woman's right to choose because i am all for liberty and freedom.
Unlike you who isn't.

Why is it always the "LEFT LIBERATED WOMAN" who wants other people to pay for their crap?? Does anyone see the IRONY in this?? You're sooo liberated that you beg for a 9 dollar handout so you can stand on some street corner somewhere?? Really?!

the Associated Press calling for population control by the hands of the Government

but hey, nothing commie about that

that is why Obama is for abortions and Free Contraceptives

No, they were reporting on a study and the results were clear. I tied it to the Governor's wish to get rid of the primary vehicle by which low cost contraceptive options are presented to low-income women and pointed out the irony that it will lead to more abortions.

Forum List

Back