Study finds Dolphins should be classified 'Non-Human Persons'

random3434

Jun 29, 2008
No, not the football team, the animal:

Dolphins have been declared the world’s second most intelligent creatures after humans, with scientists suggesting they are so bright that they should be treated as “non-human persons”.

Studies into dolphin behaviour have highlighted how similar their communications are to those of humans and that they are brighter than chimpanzees. These have been backed up by anatomical research showing that dolphin brains have many key features associated with high intelligence.

The researchers argue that their work shows it is morally unacceptable to keep such intelligent animals in amusement parks or to kill them for food or by accident when fishing. Some 300,000 whales, dolphins and porpoises die in this way each year.

Scientists say dolphins should be treated as 'non-human persons' - Times Online

If dolphins had hands and opposable thumbs we would all be depending on them to declare us "Non Dolphin Persons".

Are they going to want affirmitive action too?

And I suspect they are better people than some humans walking the earth.

Some have nothing to offer but venom

if you include me you would need to inculde yourself for the same reasons friend

if you include me you would need to inculde yourself for the same reasons friend

Sophistry. Your posting a condemnation of humanity doesn't make me responsible for it, you, demented dolt of dweebdom.

There are some people who are not as nice as most animals I have encountered.

Not all people are good people or there would be no prisons.

Pointing this out is not a blanket condemnation of the Human race.

There are many of us (infact most people I suspect) who care about the other creatures of the earth too.

Dolphins are smart enough to understand when a human acts in an evil manner and disreguards other creatures.

Just because a human being is mentally handicapped is no reason to harm them is it?

I feel the same way about any creature who is alive even if they are human.

Survival is one thing, harming others for profit or fun is evil in my book.

The Ape should be classified 'Non-Human Persons' long before Dolphins are.

gorilla240307_468x624.jpg

Dolphins have been declared the world’s second most intelligent creatures after humans, with scientists suggesting they are so bright that they should be treated as “non-human persons”.

Studies into dolphin behaviour have highlighted how similar their communications are to those of humans and that they are brighter than chimpanzees. These have been backed up by anatomical research showing that dolphin brains have many key features associated with high intelligence.

The researchers argue that their work shows it is morally unacceptable to keep such intelligent animals in amusement parks or to kill them for food or by accident when fishing. Some 300,000 whales, dolphins and porpoises die in this way each year.

rofl

rofl

They'll be working customer service jobs and earning payroll before no time! :lol:

Seriously, if you think about it...Humans are pretty arrogant to think we can measure other animals as more or less worthy of our morality relative to their ability to convey their intelligence to us... :eusa_eh:

Totally support this..:clap2:

The slaughter of dolphins, whales..and heck..many other denizens of the planet, really should come to an end.

Totally support this..:clap2:

The slaughter of dolphins, whales..and heck..many other denizens of the planet, really should come to an end.

For once we are in total agreement.

Ill bet if you dig down deep enough youll find PETA behind this. They would like nothing more than to keep dolphin out of my tuna. Im quite happy with my tuna, thank you.

Ill bet if you dig down deep enough youll find PETA behind this. They would like nothing more than to keep dolphin out of my tuna. Im quite happy with my tuna, thank you.

I think if you dig even deeper, you'll find this guy is behind it all:

2004_unveiling04xl.jpg

Forum List

Back