Study: Electric cars no greener than gasoline vehicles

Reasons to shift off oil/gasoline
-Less dependent on other countries
-no need to truck/train resources to one area to the next
-No mining or pumping shit out of the ground that cost money

Using Nuclear, fusion, wind, solar, geo-thermal and wave would allow us to not only power our homes but also our vehicles. Powering them within a way that would allow us to take advantage to endless resources to power our society.

Last edited:
So the solution is to throw out the baby with the bath water.

If we cease and desist this fool-hearty eco-nut EV venture it will end the mining of rare earth metals, the building of batteries and no one will have to burn another lump of coal.

A utopia...

No. None of that, whatsoever, can be inferred from my post. You are grasping again.

I figured that you didn’t actually want an answer to the ‘what do we do then’ question. It seems you have no interest in actually addressing the topic whatsoever outside of demanding that everyone is wrong.

You have been given the information and the topic; I am no longer going to play your childish games of insulting and diverting. If you really do want to discuss the topic, then do so and bring some data or research that backs you up. Otherwise, I simply will not engage with you again in this thread.

Your reply is pretty naive. You speak as if America is some communist country with central planning deciding what to develop. Many independent companies are working on R & D in all these areas. Auto manufacturers and other companies. To just stop it and wait for the grid to catch up is really a dumb idea.

Maybe because our current interference in tech and the markets REEKS of Central Planning?

Instead of asking the question "Where can we help the most number of start-ups and venture funded operations and BASIC R&D -- the govt RUSHES checks and support to a SELECT few who represent their extremely naive view of future dreams. Thus creating a HIGHER BARRIER for their potential competitors. Many of whom had better ideas...

That's how you get funding for billionaires making trophy vehicles for millionaires and gimmicky solar companies that blow their generous govt wad on a production palace that never opened for a product that had no inherent advantage in the market..

more fog.

Your tiny little brain is in a fog....

People don't wear breathing protection from FOG...

160136118.jpg

I see chinese people in flushing wearing masks on a cold winter day with zero air pollution.

Show me the report of the day with the air conditions and pollutant index then i will concede those shots are indeed of smog.

Betcha have no idea why that's done.

No. None of that, whatsoever, can be inferred from my post. You are grasping again.

I figured that you didn’t actually want an answer to the ‘what do we do then’ question. It seems you have no interest in actually addressing the topic whatsoever outside of demanding that everyone is wrong.

You have been given the information and the topic; I am no longer going to play your childish games of insulting and diverting. If you really do want to discuss the topic, then do so and bring some data or research that backs you up. Otherwise, I simply will not engage with you again in this thread.

Your reply is pretty naive. You speak as if America is some communist country with central planning deciding what to develop. Many independent companies are working on R & D in all these areas. Auto manufacturers and other companies. To just stop it and wait for the grid to catch up is really a dumb idea.

Maybe because our current interference in tech and the markets REEKS of Central Planning?

Instead of asking the question "Where can we help the most number of start-ups and venture funded operations and BASIC R&D -- the govt RUSHES checks and support to a SELECT few who represent their extremely naive view of future dreams. Thus creating a HIGHER BARRIER for their potential competitors. Many of whom had better ideas...

That's how you get funding for billionaires making trophy vehicles for millionaires and gimmicky solar companies that blow their generous govt wad on a production palace that never opened for a product that had no inherent advantage in the market..

That's because everyone else in the world is stupid, except for you.

Yea, I'm sure that is what the Japanese, Chinese, Koreans and Europeans are doing.

Yea, I'm sure that is what the Japanese, Chinese, Koreans and Europeans are doing.

The Japanese and the Koreans are eating our sushi lunch for us with wasabi because THEY focus on industry consortiums that tell the government WHERE the R&D money is best spent. And then these R&D developments are spawned off to the benefit of ALL...

The CHinese are just stealing crap.. And tossing wads of cash at infrastructure to support all the foreign dupes coming there and BUILDING factories and GIVING them the plans to all their advanced products.. It's a wonderful trap. Kinda like a pedophile organization opening a kiddy amusement part..

The Japanese and the Koreans are eating our sushi lunch for us with wasabi because THEY focus on industry consortiums that tell the government WHERE the R&D money is best spent. And then these R&D developments are spawned off to the benefit of ALL...

The CHinese are just stealing crap.. And tossing wads of cash at infrastructure to support all the foreign dupes coming there and BUILDING factories and GIVING them the plans to all their advanced products.. It's a wonderful trap. Kinda like a pedophile organization opening a kiddy amusement part..

SO...Japan focuses on industry consortiums that tell the government WHERE the R&D money is best spent...

Analysis: Japan the leader in electric vehicle “readiness”

July 2012: According to McKinsey & Company’s electric vehicle index, Japan is the most prepared to support an electric vehicle industry. The index assesses a nation’s electric-vehicle readiness in terms of both supply (i.e. vehicle models, share of total production, and government support for infrastructure and R&D) and demand (i.e. driving experience, share of total sales, and government support for consumer purchases). After Japan, the US, France, Germany, China rounded out the top five.

Government policy & the development of hybrid and electric vehicles in Japan

This fifth case study looks at the development of hybrid, electric and low emissions vehicles in Japan between the 1970s and the 1990s.

Japan’s dominance of the hybrid electric vehicle (HEV) market is the result of a conscious decision by the Japanese Government and automakers to invest in an area of strategic national interest, exploit an area of comparative advantage and commit to a programme of technology development spanning over 3 decades.

Prior to the last round of battery development, I thought that we would develop hydrogen-fuel cell vehicles. However, the batteries have come so far, and the research is going so well, in developing a very high capacity battery is very long life, and at a price that will compete head on with the ICE, that the hydrogen fuel cell vehicle is just another layer of unneeded complexity.

The EV's are the wave of the future, and will be the primary vehicles on the road in a bit over a decade.

Forum List

Back