Study: Brains of Gay Men Look Like Straight Women

Brn2bfree

Apr 1, 2009

ChattahBox)-In a new study that examined the brains of gay men and straight women, scientists discovered that the brains of gay men are feminized and are more like women's brains than straight men's. This finding points to yet another study that shows a definite connection between sexual orientation and biology.
This study provides further evidence that sexual orientation is hard wired into our brains. It's not an affliction that can be "cured" or something that people have a choice over.
Previous studies have found differences in the brain functions of gay men. A study conducted 10 years ago compared the hypothalamus in straight and gay men, finding it smaller in the brains of gay men. The hypothalamus controls sexual behavior.
However, this latest study examined different areas of the brain, providing further proof of a biological link to homosexuality and the structure of the brain.
Scientists from the Karolinska Institute in Stockholm examined areas of the brain controlling language and emotions and found distinct differences in the brains of gay men, which closely resemble those of heterosexual women.
Having more language and emotion ciruits, may be responsible for gay men performing better in language and verbal sections of standarized tests, similiar to the testing scores of straight women.
Lead researcher Ivanka Savic used magnetic resonance imaging to scan the brains of 50 heterosexuals and 40 homosexuals. All straight women's brains are different from straight men's in that the left and right hemispheres of a woman's brain are symmetrical, compared to a man's brain that has a larger right cerebral hemisphere.
The results of the scans showed that the brains of gay men had symmetrical brains just like a straight woman, providing stronger circuits in the areas of language and emotion.
The scans of gay women were less conclusive. Their brains were found to be only slightly asymmetrical.
The entire study is available in Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.
Source

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I always thought this was the case. You are what you are... you can't change.

As for the liberal brain.....I think it's a good brain that has been diseased.
However, It can be reversible or curable by following these simple steps.

1. Start depending on yourself, instead of the government
2. Start listening to conservatives like Rush, Hannity and Dr. Laura.
3. Get a job... this will help your self esteme.
4. Don't listen to the State run media and get your information on the internet.
5. Quit whining and beaching about this country. You're in the best country in the world.
6. Don't be so negative about life in general.
7. Believe in a higher power to give you faith.....I don't mean Obama.
8. Use common sense and go out and do the right thing.

The findings come as no surprise. What's unknown is the why. Brains are structured based on environmental and societal factors as well as hormonal influences. There are still too many what if's to consider it genetic. They have found that male to female TG's have a very "female" brain as well, more than even biological women do, while female to male TG's have almost no differences. The brain is a fascinating organ, it's the most important part of life and how it works is very mechanical in nature, yet it can deal with abstract concepts which no machine we have created is yet capable of. There is still so much unknown about the subject, and too few research subjects to draw any real conclusions.

The important question is can this be detected in the womb so we can start aborting them, like we abort 90% of babies with down syndrome?

unbalanced-person.jpg

No shit. I have a gay poker buddy and his boyfriend gets mad that he's out drunk playing cards with us on Friday's. You think being a dude he would understand.

And its not like he has to worry about any of us banging his man. LOL.

We only let him blow us.

I wonder if this researcher bothered to separate FEM gay men from BUTCH gay men?

I'm guessing, of course, but I'd be willing to be that FEM gay men's brains are more like women's brains than BUTCH gay men's brains are.

In fact I'd also be willing to bet that BUTCH gay men have more masculaine brain traits than most straight men.

There's gay and then there's GAY, know what I mean?

I wonder if this researcher bothered to separate FEM gay men from BUTCH gay men?

I'm guessing, of course, but I'd be willing to be that FEM gay men's brains are more like women's brains than BUTCH gay men's brains are.

In fact I'd also be willing to bet that BUTCH gay men have more masculaine brain traits than most straight men.

There's gay and then there's GAY, know what I mean?

It wouldn't make a difference, fem and butch is behavior based on what people want or feel they should be acting like, and has nothing to do with what you are.

Why are people GAY ?
This thread makes the most sense.

A Gay man is born with the brain of a woman.
A Gay woman is born with the brain of a man.

The person did not get the correct matching body parts
for their Brain.

Also I believe anal sex is kinda gay.
A guy just wants to know what it would be like if they were gay.

Also gay women use a Penis substitute on themselves.

Us men like to see two women together.
But usually women do not want to see two men together.
Any women out there that like to see two men together ?

Totally straight guy
Baltimore Bob

It wouldn't make a difference, fem and butch is behavior based on what people want or feel they should be acting like, and has nothing to do with what you are.

Dominance, submissiveness, and gender identification significant parts of one's self-image and nature

Butch and fem are not even close to dom and sub behavior.

1)They have a tendency for rough correlation
2)Note where I said ' gender identification'

Forum List

Back