Study Bhow: Being Gay is a Form of a Brain Disorder.

As I said...perhaps its a generational thing, also a gender thing (it is certainly more socially acceptable for woman to "have been with another girl once in college" than it is for a man). While you may not think it dating a member of the same sex is something you would do to be popular, gain attention, etc. (in other words, to be trendy) thats fine...I am just saying that I know it is something that happens in college frequently enough for me to stay without hesitation that while I wouldn't be surprised to find out that some people are "born gay," I also feel comfortable saying that others are gay for awhile and then decide to be straight for various reasons.

As I said...perhaps its a generational thing, also a gender thing (it is certainly more socially acceptable for woman to "have been with another girl once in college" than it is for a man). While you may not think it dating a member of the same sex is something you would do to be popular, gain attention, etc. (in other words, to be trendy) thats fine...I am just saying that I know it is something that happens in college frequently enough for me to stay without hesitation that while I wouldn't be surprised to find out that some people are "born gay," I also feel comfortable saying that others are gay for awhile and then decide to be straight for various reasons.

How would you classify Ted Haggard and Larry Craig?

Years ago I took a course and received a certification in Graphoanalysis to further enhance my Psychology degree.

Graphoanalysis is the study hand writing to determine personality. And many companies use it as part of their hiring practice. Especially in europe.

Because of my training. I can testify in court as an expert witness in matters such as forgery or suicide note cases.

I have analysied thousands of samples of hand writing.

And you cannot determine the gender of a person by their handwriting.

True, women tend to write more legible than men. And gays tend to be neat people.

But it is the formation of the letters, length of stroke, pen pressure, etc.

That determines a persons character and proclivities.

Not the neatness of their penmanship. :eusa_angel:

You said length of stroke. Heh heh

It will be interesting to see how this debate grows/changes as the younger generations grow up.

I was in college/grad school in the early 2000's. Homosexuality was not a big deal on my campus. Prejudice was low and many gay people felt no problem being "out and proud" on campus. I lived with 7 or so roommates off and on throughout the years and 3 of them were gay. 2 men and 1 woman. I've kept in touch with all 3. Two of them (the woman and 1 man) are now in committed STRAIGHT relationships. The woman is married with a child. The man is planning to get married soon.

Are some people born gay? It would not surprise me if some were. But I also believe that some people, especially in my generation and younger - who are not dealing with the same levels of prejudice and persecution felt by older generations - experiment with homosexuality when they are in an environment where doing so is acceptable and, to some extent, trendy.
Did you attend a bible college?

I was in college/grad school in the early 2000's. Homosexuality was not a big deal on my campus. Prejudice was low and many gay people felt no problem being "out and proud" on campus. I lived with 7 or so roommates off and on throughout the years and 3 of them were gay. 2 men and 1 woman. I've kept in touch with all 3. Two of them (the woman and 1 man) are now in committed STRAIGHT relationships. The woman is married with a child. The man is planning to get married soon.
Which just goes to show that homosexuality is a choice. :cool:

At most it shows homosexuality CAN BE a choice. And by the same token, heterosexuality could be as well. Those people in Gem's post could be gay and choosing to live heterosexual lives for whatever reasons (shame, family pressure, peer pressure, etc.)

Really, the whole 'is homosexuality a choice' argument gets pretty silly, on both sides. Why must it be such a black and white issue? Can it not be both, depending on the person? Some people are born homosexual, but some choose to be as well? And yes, I can certainly see some people choosing homosexuality when it is not their natural inclination. Even futher back than Gem, in the early 90s, I remember certain cliques at the high school I attended where homosexual behavior could have been labeled trendy. Especially in a person's teens/early 20s, I think that the opinions of the people you associate with are far more weighty than those of society as a whole. Whatever the reasons, even if the vast majority of homosexuals are born with that inclination, that does not mean that there cannot be some who have made a conscious choice to pursue that life.

Since I don't care who a person wants to love or sleep with, the entire discussion about whether homosexuality is a choice or not doesn't mean much, although it is often interesting.

What get's me is the whole "Experiment with homosexuality" thing. I mean, really. Yuck. I can see a horny young guy getting a bj. But "giving one"? Talk about "gag". When you start putting it in those terms, you get an entirely different outlook. "Experiment with homosexuality" becomes a "joke".

Sure, they may be a few bisexuals, but "so what". Nothing is ever black and white.

I can safely say, without a hint of irony, straight America has nothing to fear from being "turned". Even if "bitten" by a gay, they simply won't "turn", not even with a "full moon".:dance:

Forum List

Back