Students Will Stay After School 20 Minutes Each Day to Make Up For Teacher Sick-Outs

Yup...i've noticed they ignore any post that would require them to take responsability for there own futures.
I dont know about Bodecea but if I had a job that I felt was underpaying me i'd look for another job.
Not throw a tantrum.

And if your employer is willing to let you walk out the door?
Well....either you were not as good as you thought you were...or your boss is an idiot and doesnt warrant your talent.

Damn!!! Great minds think alike.

Or maybe were just not insane. :lol:

Ahhhhh.....No. You start looking for a better job. Nobody is forcing you to work there.
And if you have skills you wont have a problem getting a better job. I've found that only people who suck at what they do work for companies that suck.
Funny how that works.

In my post # 277 I said this in response to his post...and if I recall, Bodecea agreed with him....

It is so sad that people like you and Shintoa see unethical reactions as the only option.
There are so many other options that are available...

1) File a grievance with your boss
2) Contact the labor board if you feel you have been illegally or unethically wronged
3) Look for another job

But to you guys?

Strong arm your employer or sit back and do nothing.

Start thinking out of the box...I know it is tough for people like you....but try it. It works.

Yet, not to my surprise, he NOR Bodecea responded to such logic.

Yup...i've noticed they ignore any post that would require them to take responsability for there own futures.
I dont know about Bodecea but if I had a job that I felt was underpaying me i'd look for another job.
Not throw a tantrum.

Why would I look for another job when I already own my own business????? That's odd.

Not my fault liberal's are stupid.

See? Thank you for so quickly proving my point. :clap2::clap2::clap2: You needed a self esteem boost right there....and apparently, calling others stupid works for you.

You didn't make a point so don't flatter yourself.

Calling others stupid is an accurate description and in your case, you keep reinforcing that description with every post.

Boy, your day must really suck for you to have to give yourself some any self-affirmation boosts today. Just keep telling yourself that all those other people are stupid compared to you.....for you, it seems to be a winning formula. :lol::lol::lol:

In my post # 277 I said this in response to his post...and if I recall, Bodecea agreed with him....

It is so sad that people like you and Shintoa see unethical reactions as the only option.

2) Contact the labor board if you feel you have been illegally or unethically wronged
3) Look for another job

But to you guys?

Start thinking out of the box...I know it is tough for people like you....but try it. It works.

Not throw a tantrum.

Why would I look for another job when I already own my own business????? That's odd.

Nice diversion as you attempt to steer away from addressing the topic.

Well done.

(But we see right through it.):eusa_shhh:

Not throw a tantrum.

Well done.

YOu bring up my name in reference to quitting a job I don't like and I'M the one steering away? Really? :eusa_eh:

Well done.

YOu bring up my name in reference to quiting a job I don't like and I'M the one steering away? Really? :eusa_eh:

Stop being an ass...or maybe you are naive.

When debating using frst person singular is not unusual.

And if youy read the thread you will see eactly what was being siad and to what.

But once again...you posted again and still refused to address the issue at hand and nstead divert with sarcasm.

You really have a pathetic style of debating.

I guess such is what happens when you are out of your league.

Take care...have fun with it. No time for your games.

Well done.

YOu bring up my name in reference to quiting a job I don't like and I'M the one steering away? Really? :eusa_eh:

Stop being an ass...or maybe you are naive.

When debating using frst person singular is not unusual.

And if youy read the thread you will see eactly what was being siad and to what.

But once again...you posted again and still refused to address the issue at hand and nstead divert with sarcasm.

You really have a pathetic style of debating.

I guess such is what happens when you are out of your league.

Take care...have fun with it. No time for your games.

Dude, seriously? First person singular refers to PRONOUNS...You called me out using my name. So don't try blowing smoke about any "first person singular" bs.

3) Look for another job

But to you guys?

Not throw a tantrum.

See thats what i'm talking about! Dont answer the question just change the subject.
Considering i'm retired obviously i'm speaking hypothetically.

3) Look for another job

But to you guys?

Not throw a tantrum.

Would your business happen to be unionized? If not howcome? Do you offer your employes the same benefits as union members? And how would you feel if unions shut down your business?

Last edited:
Ahhhhh.....No. You start looking for a better job. Nobody is forcing you to work there.
And if you have skills you wont have a problem getting a better job. I've found that only people who suck at what they do work for companies that suck.
Funny how that works.

3) Look for another job

But to you guys?

Not throw a tantrum.

You don't want me pointing out that you are incorrect about me and my "job"....don't bring me up by name.

Simple, no?

3) Look for another job

But to you guys?

Not throw a tantrum.

You don't want me pointing out that you are incorrect about me and my "job"....don't bring me up by name.

Simple, no?

Yep your simple allright. You really didnt see where I was going with that?
And why dont you ever answer a question?
The only thing I want to know about your job is wether or not it's unionized.

Teachers’ hefty salaries are driving up taxes, and they only work 9 or 10 months a year. It’s time we put things in perspective and pay them for what they do – babysit. We can get that for less than minimum wage.

That’s right. Let’s give them $3 an hour and only the hours they worked; not any of that silly planning time, or any time they spend before or after school. That would be $19.50 a day (7:45 to 3:00 PM with 45 min. off for lunch and plan– that equals 6 1/2 hours).

Each parent should pay $19.50 a day for these teachers to baby-sit their children. Now how many students do they teach in a day…maybe 30? So that’s $19.50 x 30 = $585.00 a day.

However, remember they only work 180 days a year. I am not going to pay them for any vacations.

LET’S SEE…That’s $585 X 180= $105,300 per year. (Hold on. My calculator needs new batteries.)

What about those special education teachers and the ones with master’s degrees? Well, we could pay them minimum wage ($7.75), and just to be fair, round it off to $8.00 an hour. That would be $8 X 6 1/2 hours X 30 children X 180 days = $280,800 per year.

Wait a minute — there’s something wrong here. There sure is.

The average teacher’s salary (nationwide) is $50,000. $50,000/180 days = $277.77/per day/30 students=$9.25/6.5 hours = $1.42 per hour per student– a very inexpensive baby-sitter and they even EDUCATE your kids!)

WHAT A DEAL!
I can't decide whether your post is funny or just incredibly stupid.

So, point out what makes it so "stupid".
If you are seriously suggesting we pay teachers $3/hr, your post does not deserve a reply.

Aaaahhh ....you could maybe work a little harder and become a principal?
You know ....that thing you have to do to advance in your chosen career!!!
IT'S CALLED WORK !!!!!!!
And getting rich and being anaccountant is pure BS. In order for that to happen you have to work your ass off and then maybe make controller. Which pays well but you wont get there without working your ass off.
Trust me,my wife did just that......and the hours a teacher works pale in comparision.
Soooooo.....bad example try again.
The point is in a financial field such as accounting or finance you can make a 6 or 7 digit salary or more if you work hard enough, are very capable, and have a lot of luck. There is no chance that a teacher could ever make that kind money without leaving the field of education. A teacher's average salary in the US is $41,000 for elementary and $42,000 for high school The average salary of an accountant in the US is $65,000, 50% higher than the average teacher. For the average teacher to make as much as the average accountant they would have give up teachers and become an assistant principal. For a teacher to qualify for an assistant principal position they would need to get a master's degree costing 10 to 15 thousand dollars. Even then the teacher's chances are not that good. For ever assistant principal there are about 25 or 30 teachers. Teaching is now and always has been financially a dead end job.

Then why in Gods name would you want to be a teacher? Do something else.
Teacher pay is market driven,just like all jobs. When it becomes impossible to hire a teacher for 50 K a year then teacher salaries will go up.
Oh and 42,000 is not half of 65,000. Damn those public schools!!!
People go out and spend thirty grand on a car but wont spend ten to fifteen on an education? I would say they have screwed up priorities.
I said, The average salary of an accountant in the US is $65,000, 50% higher than the average teacher which I quoted at $42,000. No, you do not calculate 50% higher than the teachers salary by taking half the accountants salary. The calculation is ($42,000 *.5) + $42,000) = $63,000. So the accountant's salary is more than 50% higher than the teacher. It's actually 54.76% higher.

You must have been asleep in 4th grade.

The point is in a financial field such as accounting or finance you can make a 6 or 7 digit salary or more if you work hard enough, are very capable, and have a lot of luck. There is no chance that a teacher could ever make that kind money without leaving the field of education. A teacher's average salary in the US is $41,000 for elementary and $42,000 for high school The average salary of an accountant in the US is $65,000, 50% higher than the average teacher. For the average teacher to make as much as the average accountant they would have give up teachers and become an assistant principal. For a teacher to qualify for an assistant principal position they would need to get a master's degree costing 10 to 15 thousand dollars. Even then the teacher's chances are not that good. For ever assistant principal there are about 25 or 30 teachers. Teaching is now and always has been financially a dead end job.

Then why in Gods name would you want to be a teacher? Do something else.
Teacher pay is market driven,just like all jobs. When it becomes impossible to hire a teacher for 50 K a year then teacher salaries will go up.
Oh and 42,000 is not half of 65,000. Damn those public schools!!!
People go out and spend thirty grand on a car but wont spend ten to fifteen on an education? I would say they have screwed up priorities.
I said, The average salary of an accountant in the US is $65,000, 50% higher than the average teacher which I quoted at $42,000. No, you do not calculate 50% higher than the teachers salary by taking half the accountants salary. The calculation is ($42,000 *.5) + $42,000) = $63,000. So the accountant's salary is more than 50% higher than the teacher. It's actually 54.76% higher.

You must have been asleep in 4th grade.

I can agree with that. But didnt we already cover this?
And what happened to you,you were somewhat civil last time we conversed? Now you have a bad case of assholeitis.

Whoops my bad ....that was Jarhead who was civil.

Last edited:
Why would I look for another job when I already own my own business????? That's odd.[/QUOTE]

Would your business happen to be unionized? If not howcome? Do you offer your employes the same benefits as union members? And how would you feel if unions shut down your business?[/QUOTE]

You never did answer the question. Why is that?

I guess there's not much call for unions when you sell Mary Kay door to door huh?

I love how Flopper and Bodecea completely ignored this post. And let it die.
Considering, everything that has been written in this 23 page thread and the deviations from the original subject, I think it's about time this thread did die. I don't know who you are addressing with your questions, but I don't think they apply to me since I do not currently own a business.

Forum List

Back