Students That Bullied Upstate Bus Monitor Suspended For 1 Year

In your day, no one would have known about it, including the woman herself, as there would be no uploading it to youtube.

But I'm sure she'd be appreciative if you add to the growing pile of moolah she's getting for apparently not doing her job.

Oh, It's her fault those punks acted like disgraceful monsters towards her... Got it.:cuckoo:
I didn't say that, but in a way it is....it looks like she took a job that was over her head.

Please... Who are you to decide whether she was qualified, or not? Is this disgraceful activity so common that it should have been spelled out in her job description... I highly doubt it.

Hi, i'm new here, this is my first post. I'm 24 years old, male, from The Netherlands.
First of: I deeply regret the way a lot of people are discriminated in all parts of this world, but America is a really (I mean Really) sad example. Why are we doing this to each other? I just don't get it. A human being has to be respected in every which way possible, at all times, in all situations. I hope i'll live to see the day.... But America is a sad example in the way (even the politicians) that it expresses itself to the world as if there is no problem at all (i've seen enough movies, But also seen the news and even know people from the states who told me). Why is America being so foolish? And don't they understand that the whole world is watching? I mean, that's what they want right? "Here I am, Uncle Sam!! And I am perfect. I am God!!!!" thats my opinion. for now, i have to stop this message, otherwise i might discriminate people on this forum in the way of not letting them the choice and chance of giving an answer. For all the (I really don't know This word, please tell me!!). Again: For all the black folks out there, hold on!!! cause there will be a day, for you and for everybody that this will change. One thing: thats very personal: From my 17th birthday i wanted to save the world. At this point im to old for that. But if i once will be rich and powerfull enough, i will save that problem. And unlike my friends, I've had a though ride through Life, but i'm back. Better than ever. And if it has to happen, my god given purpose, i will save humanity, everything and this planet (our home). One my own for that matter (I certainly hope not!!). Well, that's all, for now. If you read this, read it in your own way, think about it whatever you think is right. Even one response on this message is good enough for me. But respect the message as it is. Have a nice day (or night). Goodbye. - A very scared but strong young person.

Hi, i'm new here, this is my first post. I'm 24 years old, male, from The Netherlands.
First of: I deeply regret the way a lot of people are discriminated in all parts of this world, but America is a really (I mean Really) sad example. Why are we doing this to each other? I just don't get it. A human being has to be respected in every which way possible, at all times, in all situations. I hope i'll live to see the day.... But America is a sad example in the way (even the politicians) that it expresses itself to the world as if there is no problem at all (i've seen enough movies, But also seen the news and even know people from the states who told me). Why is America being so foolish? And don't they understand that the whole world is watching? I mean, that's what they want right? "Here I am, Uncle Sam!! And I am perfect. I am God!!!!" thats my opinion. for now, i have to stop this message, otherwise i might discriminate people on this forum in the way of not letting them the choice and chance of giving an answer. For all the (I really don't know This word, please tell me!!). Again: For all the black folks out there, hold on!!! cause there will be a day, for you and for everybody that this will change. One thing: thats very personal: From my 17th birthday i wanted to save the world. At this point im to old for that. But if i once will be rich and powerfull enough, i will save that problem. And unlike my friends, I've had a though ride through Life, but i'm back. Better than ever. And if it has to happen, my god given purpose, i will save humanity, everything and this planet (our home). One my own for that matter (I certainly hope not!!). Well, that's all, for now. If you read this, read it in your own way, think about it whatever you think is right. Even one response on this message is good enough for me. But respect the message as it is. Have a nice day (or night). Goodbye. - A very scared but strong young person.

Save us your righteous indignation

No matter where you go you will find people who are assholes....even in Europe

You are 24 and have a childlike view of the world and its people. Good luck saving humanity and the planet

I am Torn by this one. While I do think those kids were Terrible and should be Punished. I am always slow to want to Demonize the kids. To be that bad, it means their Parents are Failing them. So now these kids will miss an Entire year of school because their Parents did a piss poor job of Teaching them to Respect.

Shitty Situation all around.

I am right there with ya CM. If this didn't go viral, who the school have acted? No way! They would have probably said who to the bus monitor or just fired her, but since this went viral and there was global shock, the school went medivel on them.

Those are vicious kids who deserve the public condemnation and scorn. They deserved to be punished, but getting expelled? Seriously does that punishment fit the crime? Did I miss them physically assault her? Did I miss them threaten to kill or harm her? Did I miss a crime committed against her? I saw vicious kids that deserved punishment, but explosion is an extreme.

This was a school system that neglected the situation, like they do with student on student bullying, and then go mad when it went viral!

I guarantee, if it didn't go viral and the bus monitor complained, they would have either moved her to another bus, suspended her, fired her or forced her to retire!

I always love it when "new age" amateur parenting experts and backseat adolescent behavioral experts use the "pass the buck" card, and then whip out the "freedom of speech" card for good measure.

But it's playing the "it's the old lady's fault and she should have been fired" card, or the "if this video didn't go viral, the kids would have got away with it" card that proves what a bunch of substandard parents, or substandard future parents, some of you in here really are.

So what's next, the "kids will be kids" card? Maybe the "kids have rights too" card? Perhaps the "throw the parents in jail and place the kids in government foster care" card?

In my day, before political correctness and McDonald's Happy Meal government intervention, these kids would have been sent to the principal's office, got wacked with a piece of 2x6 shaped like a big paddle, sent home, their parent's called in for a "conference", and the kids would have been suspended from school for a LONG time.

Back in my day, there were no "special" schools for students who acted like assholes. They were taken care of "on-site", and the vast majority of these troublemakers had the common sense to realize that there was no other ALTERNATIVE for them..........they either behaved themselves, or they got their asses tanned by a 2x6 and then they were publicly humiliated in their classroom (their desk was moved next to the teacher, or their desk was moved into a corner, their recesses were suspended, they stayed after school to "serve time", etc.).

But, in today's world, kids are king. The teachers are always wrong. The administrators are "out of touch". The parents are idiots. The bus drivers are too old and "sensitive" and should be fired or forced into retirement.

The most important people in this whole mix are the PSYCHIATRISTS (and even family doctors) who prescribe the Ritalin, the Adderall, the Concerta, the Depakote, and a host of other narcotics to keep these kids "under control".

What a fucking MESS this country is in. And I thought the 1960s were bad.

Wow padding, you must be old! :eusa_whistle:

In my day we didn't have bus monitors, but we had hall monitors. These were some of the crankist old women you would ever see. However, it was made clear that if you disrespected them in anyway you would get a in school detention. Disrespect could be as little as walking passed them and not acknowledging them when they were asking for your hall pass (meaning between periods and you needed a teacher's slip or bathroom pass). I did it once and got an inschool suspension. I had to report to a single classroom and sit in this room from 8-3:30 doing nothing but school work. No one to talk to, nothing to do but work and only leaving to goto the bathroom (I had to eat lunch in there). It was hell and I got the message.

Today they would consider that torture, that is why they give out of school suspensions (which are like vacation). This treatment did two things: (1) Made me absolute hate the experience so much I would do what was required not to repeat it and (2) Make me stick to an entire week of only school work, when I got back to class, I was ahead in my homework and readings assignments!

But I digress. These little bastards should be punished, but does expulsion fit the crime? I don't think so.

Expulsion does fit the crime.
You seriously believe that? I fucked around a ton when I was a kid and immature. Many times worse than this (mainly because they were physical acts to other students), but none was on video so the true cruelty wasn't seen by the people punishing me. Put expelling me and having it follow me for the rest of my life? Come on now that is excessive. The pussy way they do things now? Nope not the answer. It has to sting and make the perp things twice about it!

It serves an example to others what happens.
It will be forgot in a few weeks/months until the next shocking viral story comes around.

Remember the bullied kid body-slamming the bully? You think that got less kids to bully others? No way!

A suspension will go into their records and not much will happen. An expulsion will follow them for the rest of their lives. Get into a good college with an expulsion on your record! Try.
Exactly! Punishment doesn't fit the crime (and there was no technical crime)!

What these kids did wasn't an accident, it didn't happen because they didn't pay attention. This was deliberately done because it was FUN to do. It has to not be fun anymore.
Not denying that. These kids are little bastards and deserve punishment!

You are 24 and have a childlike view of the world and its people. Good luck saving humanity and the planet

Shit RW, We need to get you hooked up with the State Department. Dazzle us some more with your wisdom and tolerance for Others. I am so impressed with your sensitivity Bro. I feel for you Man........ No Really.

Or even in America, in the interwebz. :rolleyes:

Shit RW, We need to get you hooked up with the State Department. Dazzle us some more with your wisdom and tolerance for Others. I am so impressed with your sensitivity Bro. I feel for you Man........ No Really.

Doing my best to enlighten the masses

Never understood the logic of suspending people. Kid doesnt want to be in school and acts up so you punish him by preventing him from attending school. That's a reward to them. These arent exactly the most educated and logical people in the world. They dont usually realize how important schooling is at their age. This isnt necessarily a good thing.

You want to punish them? Make them take MORE classes. Classes such as civility or something like that.

Never understood the logic of suspending people. Kid doesnt want to be in school and acts up so you punish him by preventing him from attending school. That's a reward to them. These arent exactly the most educated and logical people in the world. They dont usually realize how important schooling is at their age. This isnt necessarily a good thing.

You want to punish them? Make them take MORE classes. Classes such as civility or something like that.

Well you may have a point there, but I've heard they are being sent to a school full of bad apples like themselves... Perhaps I heard it wrong.

Well you may have a point there, but I've heard they are being sent to a school full of bad apples like themselves... Perhaps I heard it wrong.

They are being sent to a school full of kids who like to bully other kids

Too bad your first post is such a stupid and ignorant one.
I am from the Southern Netherlands, officially known as Belgium, but I also know the US quite well, which obviously you don't.
This sort of bullying happens just as well in Europe and in other paets of the world as in the US. The US isn't perfect (nothing human is), but it's still a pretty great country. Why else do you think so many people (including Europeans) want to move there.

I hope the parents can afford a private school, because a year's suspension seems draconian. They deserve a punishment, but the education, personal growth and socialization that happens at that age seems a terrible thing to interrupt for so long.
Looks like they weren't learning any of that crap in the gubmint schools, so where's the loss?

Schools or home? Where do they spend most of their time?

Would love to hear from the parents and what the plans are for their children. Were they alarmed? Did they speak up for their children, blame the school/ bus monitor or driver? Did they shouolder any responsibility at all? Did they carry on punishment at home?

How would you have reacted if you were the parent?

I would immediately put them in private school if I could, get them counseling and take the blame upon myself as a parent and role model.

I would not accept alternative school if I could help itg because that is the last role models I would want. I would enroll my child in Bible study and character growth classes that were available and take classes on parenting myself, realizing I may have dropped the ball somewhere along the line. Parenting is the most important and unprepared job we face.

Forum List

Back