Students return diplomas

Cole

Rookie
Aug 17, 2017
Supposedly students are returning their diplomas at Liberty University. If so I would delete any records of them attending there. What does it prove other than they are stupid !!. Congratulations you proved how smart you really are !!!!!!

Supposedly students are returning their diplomas at Liberty University. If so I would delete any records of them attending there. What does it prove other than they are stupid !!. Congratulations you proved how smart you really are !!!!!!
Supposedly students are returning their diplomas at Liberty University. If so I would delete any records of them attending there.

The University cannot do that, and it won't. The action you've asserted you'd take is nothing more than puerile and unprofessional vindictiveness, a behavior/emotion upon which reputable, ethical individuals and organizations do not act.

If students opt to deny or destroy their degree, so be it. That's on them. Whether the students attended the institution and fulfilled the requirements for obtaining a degree from it has nothing to do with the regard in which the students hold the degree they earned, the work they performed to earn the degree, or the institution. The printed, embossed and signed vellum indicating one earned the degree is just that, the skin of a sheep. It could burn in a fire and the graduates will still have earned the degree and the University will attest to as much.

"Dozens of Liberty University alumni plan to return their diplomas in protest after the university’s leader, Jerry Falwell Jr., defended President Trump’s response to the white supremacist rally and deadly car attack in Charlottesville, Va."
Liberty University Alumni Return Diplomas in Protest of Trump Remarks

The defense of Trump's remarks identifies LU with white supremacy, an issue that has long simmered there. There was, for example, a rule against inter-racial dating. The alumni are protesting by disavowing their status. It is a strong statement, whether you agree with it or not. Dixie ain't what it used to be and lots of folks want to make that clear to the entire USA.

A more rational reason would be to avoid job discrimination in employment. These days, listing Liberty University on your resume is like wearing a yellow Star of David on your sleeve.

Forum List

Back