Students punished for taunting buss aid

Ariux

Rookie
Mar 16, 2012
Four seventh-graders who bullied bus monitor Karen Klein have been suspended for a year, banned from bus transportation and ordered to do community service with senior citizens... their families waived their right to a due process hearing and agreed to the disciplinary measures. (link)

Kudos to the school for dishing out real punishment (perhaps because of the high public profile). And, kudos to the parents of these punks for not fighting it (perhaps to avoid criminal charges?).

I wouldn't be a parent of such hoodlums, but if I were, I'd be angry at that incompetent monitor for failing to do her job, which would have and prevented this from turning into what it turned into. These hoodlums knew her job and they were trying to compel her to do her job, but she just wouldn't.

Four seventh-graders who bullied bus monitor Karen Klein have been suspended for a year, banned from bus transportation and ordered to do community service with senior citizens... their families waived their right to a due process hearing and agreed to the disciplinary measures. (link)

Kudos to the school for dishing out real punishment (perhaps because of the high public profile). And, kudos to the parents of these punks for not fighting it (perhaps to avoid criminal charges?).

I wouldn't be a parent of such hoodlums, but if I were, I'd be angry at that incompetent monitor for failing to do her job, which would have and prevented this from turning into what it turned into. These hoodlums knew her job and they were trying to compel her to do her job, but she just wouldn't.

Wait a second here....
This is all her fault....?:cuckoo:

Wait a second here....
This is all her fault....?:cuckoo:

I doubt that was the intention of the OP; I certainly hope not. The students acted like.......students, and deserve to be punished accordingly.

I'm glad they were punished, the way they were treating that poor woman was completely unacceptable. And they got the worst kind of suspension; the one where you still have to go to school.

Forum List

Back