Students protest flag burning

Titties McGee

Rookie
May 18, 2011
A mob of angry protesters chased a would-be flag burner at Louisiana State University (LSU) off campus Wednesday to chants of "USA, USA."

Graduate communications student Benjamin Haas had earlier been given permission by the school to burn the flag. But because he lacked a local burn permit, he agreed instead to read a statement in an area of the university known as free speech alley.

Mob Chases Flag Burner From LSU Campus

This is something I would not expect in this day and age, students defending the flag. Where has their liberal education gone amiss?

A quote from a guy in the article:
People started throwing bottles at him

If you have to resort to violence, like throwing shit at someone, to defend an idea such as the U.S. flag you truly are a mental midget. And when a U.S. flag is burned it is merely burning fabric not the actual ideas it represents...

I know I saw the vid a few days ago..

The student has the right to burn the flag and the other students have the right to be angry.

At least they didn't mob his ass.

As a semi-young patriotic American myself, I thought that was a breath of fresh air - to see a communist tyrant get fucked like that by a bunch of individuals in my age bracket.

If he lit that flag on fire I would have kicked his ass and I would have taken the legal consequences for it...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back