Students beaten in San Fran for singing National Anthem...

Just because the slurs and crap started at the Star Spangled Banner does not directly prove that it had to do with the song itself.
I just read the article at face value. Assuming it is written in time sequence: “they were invited to a party in their honor, said Reno Rapagnani, a retired San Francisco police officer whose daughter hosted the event.

The trouble started at midnight after the 16 student singers, wearing sports jackets and ties, sang "The Star Spangled Banner," witnesses said. A couple of other partygoers started mocking the singers as preppies and taunting them with anti-gay epithets.”

Why would you defend the anti-patriot gay bashers?

Of course. The exclusively-liberal-anti-gay-anti-patriot brigade strikes again!
77horsey.gif

Who said anything about liberal? :cool:

I just read the article at face value. Assuming it is written in time sequence: “they were invited to a party in their honor, said Reno Rapagnani, a retired San Francisco police officer whose daughter hosted the event.

The trouble started at midnight after the 16 student singers, wearing sports jackets and ties, sang "The Star Spangled Banner," witnesses said. A couple of other partygoers started mocking the singers as preppies and taunting them with anti-gay epithets.”

Why would you defend the anti-patriot gay bashers?
I'm not. You still haven't proved how it's related to the star spangled banner being sung.

Dude you are totally talking out of both sides of your bunghole, and you know it.
Yeah, San Franciscans are big America-hating gay-bashers :rolleyes:
And as IF "citizens of San Fran Sicko who despise patriotism" isn't code for godless commie liberals - my ass.

Leave that up to the Judge who will have all the evidence. I'm simply commenting on the evidence before me, which is quite clear. Wouldn't you agree? And again, why are you defending these gay bashers?
You assume I'm defending them. I'm not. In fact, I've not said anything in defense of either side, so stop trying to put words in my mouth.

I'm saying that it doesn't seem like they were beaten because of the Star Spangled Banner and I believe the SSB has nothing to do with the incident.

Glock, I think you seriously have some sort of issue of wanting this to be over the Star Spangled Banner.

It seems. BTW, I think you have the right to 'infer' what you think from a story. As someone said, eventually this will probably be clarified.

just watched the news report on local sf news .....

verbal attacks started and escalated when they started singing the national

when they left the building they were attacked and beaten

just watched the news report on local sf news .....

verbal attacks started and escalated when they started singing the national

when they left the building they were attacked and beaten

Yeah that's pretty much what's in those articles at the top of this thread. So it's still not clear whether those guys beat them up for singing the star spangled banner or for being a barbershop a capella singing group from Yale.

My money's on the latter.

Forum List

Back