Student sues over punishment for Facebook comments

I suppose I would have to reserve judgment until I knew the nature of the "harassing information," though I would still say that what is often defined as "cyberbullying" is not altogether outside of 1st Amendment protection.

That sounds like quite an absurd suspension if he was just thinking out loud.

I suppose I would have to reserve judgment until I knew the nature of the "harassing information," though I would still say that what is often defined as "cyberbullying" is not altogether outside of 1st Amendment protection.

That sounds like quite an absurd suspension if he was just thinking out loud.

It's that zero tolerance policy. They only have zero tolerance on certain things, they have no problem with kids harrassing other kids, but mention the word "gun" and you're expelled.

Heck, they expelled a student for pointing a squirt gun at a bus driver.

It's that zero tolerance policy. They only have zero tolerance on certain things, they have no problem with kids harrassing other kids, but mention the word "gun" and you're expelled.

Heck, they expelled a student for pointing a squirt gun at a bus driver.

I guess I'm really lucky in that I was never bullied as such. Maybe having the meanest brothers in the school helped. :tongue: But yeah, selective enforcement is really bad. I saw a lot of that going on.

Forum List

Back